Page 32 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao is our untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    That was actually painful to read.
    Agreed, I just broke my wrist reading it. Hopefully i am not out more than 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by artimusprime View Post
    The problem with your conclusion is that Andy got hurt on a play where he wasn't diving on the floor exposing himself to higher risk. He just grabbed the ball and Gooden hacked him hard.
    Don't care. He is always going to get hurt whether it's his fault or not. He's turning into Grady Sizemore.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,370 Times in 2,900 Posts

Did we get a fucking update on this wrist yet?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    Did we get a fucking update on this wrist yet?
    no and I doubt they will anytime soon

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

That was actually painful to read.
    lol, I made a post that was almost that bad the other day, but I do tend to re-read my post even if it's after clicking the post button. Fortunately the Firefox spell checker cleans up all my typos that don't actually end up being some other word.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,969 Times in 3,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huber14
    I think this injury just proves he needs to go once healthy. He is too injury prone due to his all out playing style.
    Quote Originally Posted by artimusprime View Post
    The problem with your conclusion is that Andy got hurt on a play where he wasn't diving on the floor exposing himself to higher risk. He just grabbed the ball and Gooden hacked him hard.
    Lebron probably gets hit like that every gave with little effect. Andy just isn't durable like Lebron. Andy will always be at risk for these fluke type injuries..especially with the way he plays. Last year he suffered a complete tear of his midfoot tendon while running down the court in a non contact drill.

Here's what I wrote on Dec 27th...
    Look, the Cavs are trying to win a championship. I like Andy a lot, but he must be moved to get there. The shoulder surgery, ankles, face facture, tendon tears...it's all starting to add up. He's missed around 125 games due to various injuries over his career. He doesn't know how to dial it down, and if he does dial it down he's not worth having on the floor. He has a short shelf life in this league. Let him come out and prove he's healthy, then move him for picks and/or young talent while his value is high...and hopefully before he gets hurt. 4 years from now he will have very little value to the Cavs if we keep him. That said, as much as I love Andy, I see no reason to keep him.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    I dont think anyone expected the cvas to make move to make a playoff move now. nor do i think its matter what record the cavs had in trading ramon sessions.

as far as trading Varejao. sadly he is the only forward on the roster who can effectively run the pick and roll. thats kinda of important to have on your team when you are develping a guard to be effective on the pick and roll.

He also can play the 4 and 5 well so can get quality minutes without hurting your youth development regardless of what players are acquired
    U musta shot that DEEP OUTSIDE THE Q!!..That broke my lenses..

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Lebron probably gets hit like that every gave with little effect. Andy just isn't durable like Lebron. Andy will always be at risk for these fluke type injuries..especially with the way he plays. Last year he suffered a complete tear of his midfoot tendon while running down the court in a non contact drill.
    But what about other bigs who actually bother to bang in the post, take charges, and all that?

There are a lot of guys who look a lot more durable than Andy who've gone down to injury. I still can't believe Ben Wallace snapped his leg ... or that Shaq was taken out by a swipe at his thumb.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,241 Times in 922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JonFromVA View Post
    But what about other bigs who actually bother to bang in the post, take charges, and all that?

There are a lot of guys who look a lot more durable than Andy who've gone down to injury. I still can't believe Ben Wallace snapped his leg ... or that Shaq was taken out by a swipe at his thumb.
    Didn't Gooden break ShaQ's thumb too? The fucking gift that keeps on giving.

Not a **** was given Prophet Named X's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,015 Times in 2,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    Didn't Gooden break ShaQ's thumb too? The fucking gift that keeps on giving.
    Nope, it was Big Baby.
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Prophet Named X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,969 Times in 3,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JonFromVA View Post
    Not sure I understand the question. But when I compare him to other bigs, he seems to be much more injury prone that other bigs who bang in the post. He is also a decade older than Kyrie. His trade value is/was extremely high, that's why I was/am for trading him before his value plummets. We may not get equal value and I'm fine with that. I just don't think Andy's ever going to play a full season again. Move him for some picks and youth while we still can. Or combine him with some picks for an All-star that needs a change of scenery.

My goal is to contend in 3 seasons. The best way Andy can help us get there is in a trade.

Ben was 35/36 when he broke his leg i think.
    Shaq was 38 when he hurt his thumb?
    I don't think either of them looked very durable by the time they were on the Cavs.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The only, I mean only reason I would be ok with trading Andy for equal value (what ever that may be) is the durability issue. So, I certainly understand the concern after this and it may have made me slightly change my personal equal value rating for him. But, I'm still probably no where near what majority here would give him up for...

I GO HARD FOR CLEVELAND! Ghost Writer's Avatar
    Thanks

Just heard on ABAO that Varejao will only miss 2 weeks.
    I only want players who want to play in Cleveland!!!

GIFSoup

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost Writer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 450 Posts

There were rumors (from Adrian Woj and others) that the suitors were lining up for Andy because he was playing at such a high level before the injury, All-Star caliber actually. For those of you who dont think he'll fetch the value you want, you need to realize that his value is as high now as it ever will be. Assuming he's back in a few weeks, the Cavs' FO should be exploring any and all options with him while that value is high.

It's either deal him now, or face a decline in value and production to the point where he's in his 30's, more brittle than ever, and providing less to our team on the floor. We talk about assets around here all the time, and this asset has peaked. Time to move, Grant...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jlegg21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 405 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Writer View Post
    Just heard on ABAO that Varejao will only miss 2 weeks.
    Link?

Or maybe what ABAO is...?

http://www.abao.org/es/pre.html
    "Finesse was never my better side," the bruising center admitted. "All my basketball life, like iI like to say, my basketball is not really nice for watching, but it is really effective."- Nikola Pekovic

"Got my first ever technical last night and lost $2000...makes me angry when i realize thats 2000 mcchickens or 4000 jack in the box tacos"- Jeremy Lin