Page 42 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,908 Times in 2,497 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao is our untouchable

what if we've already pulled into the 8 seed before Andy returns, do you want him back then, because we could be the 8 seed by the trade deadline. We play Raptors and Bucks, the knicks play Bulls and Blazers. Win our two and we should be in the 8th spot.

Andy going out was supposed to kill our chances, but we've gone 6-8 since then. 4 of those 6 wins coming against playoff teams.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

10-15 with Andy...6-8 without him. This team just is what it is. People want to try and say we'll be this or that without AJ and Sessions. We will fall off the planet without Andy. It's become readily apparent that the HC and his floor general are just too good at what they do to allow for some enormous free fall. In the same breathe, they are not provided with enough talent to make some glorious run to the playoffs.
    Of course we miss Andy's production. He is energy and hustle personified. He is the textbook example of the guy who does all the little things, the things that don't show even in the most advanced statistical analysis. When he gets back, he will play. There will not be some conspiracy cover up where he is in uniform but not playing because we're aiming for the 5 seed. The people who suggest this have no clue about the pulse of this franchise. When he is healthy enough to play, he will play. Period. And guess what? We will neither become some instant .600 team, or crash to the bottom 5. That being said, he still can't grip a ball. He's not in game shape. IF we trade AJ and Sessions AND Andy is out longer than expected, those 3 factors COMBINED could definitely get us leaning further toward the lottery. But, as this team has showed time and time again, they are resilient. They win games when their leader struggles from the field. They win games when AJ chucks up 25 shots while making 35% of them. Yet, they lose games when AJ scores 30+ shooting over 50%. They lose games when Andy gets 20 and 20. They show the makings of an up and coming team that still has enough youth and lack of talent to somehow never cease to surprise with unlikely wins one night and indescribeable losses the next. This is just not going to change , with or without these 3 guys.

Thanks

EWING THEORY

does not apply.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,763 Times in 5,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Have there been any updates on the status of Andy? His 4-6 week injury happened 4 weeks ago.
    Sounds like he's a ways off. From the PD today:

BScott said team docs will re-evaluate Anderson Varejao (broken wrist) next week.

From the AP report:

One of the NBA's top rebounders, Varejao continues to wear a wrap on his wrist. He has not yet resumed basketball activities and has been limited to working on his stamina.
    Last edited by wuck; 03-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Carr
    What excites me most about the team right now is that we’re not at full complement. When Andy comes back and we slide Andy in there and that puts everyone back into their correct rotation – we’re going to be tough. Put it this way: We’ll be in every game.

I’m really excited to see Andy and Tristan on the floor at the same time. There’ll be no space available out there; they’ll cover it all. That’s a combination that I’m really looking forward to seeing play together.
    From http://www.cavfanatic.com/blogs/from...e_q/_back-hunt

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

when he says no space available out there is he referring to offense or defense

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Sounds like he's a ways off. From the PD today:

BScott said team docs will re-evaluate Anderson Varejao (broken wrist) next week.

From the AP report:

One of the NBA's top rebounders, Varejao continues to wear a wrap on his wrist. He has not yet resumed basketball activities and has been limited to working on his stamina.
    I'd love to help him work on his stamina

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsGirl View Post
    I'd love to help him work on his stamina
    go on...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metalman213 View Post

I know AC is incapable of rationally analyzing anything, much less the Cavs, but come ON... we want this? Really? We'd sign up for 4 straight versions of the first game after the Decision? Another God hates Cleveland moment in the making...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post

I know AC is incapable of rationally analyzing anything, much less the Cavs, but come ON... we want this? Really? We'd sign up for 4 straight versions of the first game after the Decision? Another God hates Cleveland moment in the making...
    i actually think A.C. is pretty good at basketball analysis. the fact is he is a commentator, who has a lot more fun commentating on winning games than losses. listening to him this year compared to last year, he seems quite a bit happier. especially because he used to play, he wants to win every game and make the playoffs, thats just the way quite a few people think.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,908 Times in 2,497 Posts

i actually think A.C. is pretty good at basketball analysis. the fact is he is a commentator, who has a lot more fun commentating on winning games than losses. listening to him this year compared to last year, he seems quite a bit happier. especially because he used to play, he wants to win every game and make the playoffs, thats just the way quite a few people think.
    I was thinking just the same thing last night.

Thanks

That's all fine and dandy, but I hope our GM and owner are thinking toward the future. Unless you're hoping we make the playoffs and then trade our 1st and Andy to get into the lottery on draft night? We cant have it both ways, and you all should know by now which direction I prefer this year, in a shortened season, with no chance at a title.... etc

Thanks

That's all fine and dandy, but I hope our GM and owner are thinking toward the future. Unless you're hoping we make the playoffs and then trade our 1st and Andy to get into the lottery on draft night? We cant have it both ways, and you all should know by now which direction I prefer this year, in a shortened season, with no chance at a title.... etc
    i think they are, considering they have made no moves to bring old talent (or new for that matter) to this team. gee and kyrie have been electric. jamison has played well too, but hes really the only veteran helping us atm. and what are they going to do? trade him? who wants to acquire jamison? buy him out? pointless. and besides what do we tell the youngins? sorry, we dont want you guys winning, we have to take away one of your leaders and spark a several game losing streak. sorry about that.

Thanks

i think they are, considering they have made no moves to bring old talent (or new for that matter) to this team. gee and kyrie have been electric. jamison has played well too, but hes really the only veteran helping us atm. and what are they going to do? trade him? who wants to acquire jamison? buy him out? pointless. and besides what do we tell the youngins? sorry, we dont want you guys winning, we have to take away one of your leaders and spark a several game losing streak. sorry about that.
    The deadline will be telling, but I'm sure if you went to Tristan and told him now that Jamison is gone, the starting spot at the '4' is his to take and run with, he'd probably relish that opportunity. The more reps he gets with Kyrie on the floor, the better I say. And can we all agree the youngins are surely smart enough to see that they're not ready to compete for a title quite yet? Or are we back to arguing that a first round playoff elimination is somehow a positive thing?

Even with Andy back, you're not going to replace Jamison's automatic 20 a night. If we do keep him the rest of the year, and this team is completely healthy, we're obviously good enough to be in the thick of the race, which as I've stated numerous times, would be disastrous.

Thanks

The deadline will be telling, but I'm sure if you went to Tristan and told him now that Jamison is gone, the starting spot at the '4' is his to take and run with, he'd probably relish that opportunity. The more reps he gets with Kyrie on the floor, the better I say. And can we all agree the youngins are surely smart enough to see that they're not ready to compete for a title quite yet? Or are we back to arguing that a first round playoff elimination is somehow a positive thing?

Even with Andy back, you're not going to replace Jamison's automatic 20 a night. If we do keep him the rest of the year, and this team is completely healthy, we're obviously good enough to be in the thick of the race, which as I've stated numerous times, would be disastrous.
    see i think we should let our talent dictate where we land. the case certainly could be made that jamison should be dealt, but i think our team needs some veteran leadership on the court, and hes about all we have right now. also, after the new cba, he became quite harder to deal. i think its a win win either way. the higher up we draft, the better the talent. but if we make the playoffs i dont see it as disastrous. i trust grant. the case could also be made that good teams, teams that win the championship, are in the playoffs year after year after year. win win for me. as a fan, though, i recognize that i cant help what the cavs will do, and that they know more than me. so i enjoy every win. i enjoy every one of kyrie's game winners. im putting my trust in the front office to make the right moves.