Page 43 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,422 Times in 2,481 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao is our untouchable

From Yahoo Sports:

C Anderson Varejao (fractured right wrist) is not expected back any time soon. When he was injured on Feb. 10, doctors said it was a four- to six-week injury. He's working on his fifth week. Coach Byron Scott said it wouldn't take many practices for Varejao to get ready to play. "(Varejao is) an energy-type player," Scott said. "You'd have to monitor his minutes because of how hard he plays."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    From Yahoo Sports:
    I honestly hope he sits out the rest of the season. It'll let Andy heal, and we'll get a better draft pick. The younger guys will also get more minutes.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by @pdcavsinsider
    BScott on whether there's a chance Anderson Varejao (wrist) will NOT return for #Cavs this season: "I don't think that's a possibility.''
    interesting

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metalman213 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metalman213 View Post
    interesting
    We talking double negatives here?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigErieCavsFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think pdcavsinsider was trying not to say that AV won't not play during the remainder of the season, assuming he isn't going to be not injured or whatever. So this shouldn't be a bad thing if we're not never speaking in terms of returning or not returning.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 948 Posts

One reason its not a possibility, is the BScott is at risk for heart attack if he has to continue to rotate bw Hollins, Erden, Harangody, and Samuels.
    The second reason is he needs to be healthy and productive for at least 15+ games at the end of the season to reinforce his trade value if we decide to move him on or before draft day.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,417 Times in 2,008 Posts

I think Varejao will be back at the beginning of April.

It gives Varejao plenty of time to heal.
    It gives Varejao 16 games to raise his trade value back up before the season ends.
    It gives Thompson 8 or 9 games to show how he does as a starter.

Makes too much sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,574 Times in 4,829 Posts

From the PD:

Varejao update: Scott said there remains no timetable for the return of center Anderson Varejao, who fractured his left wrist on Feb. 10. The coach plans to speak to team doctors when the club returns home Saturday.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    From the PD:

Varejao update: Scott said there remains no timetable for the return of center Anderson Varejao, who fractured his left wrist on Feb. 10. The coach plans to speak to team doctors when the club returns home Saturday.
    Take your time, Andy. Wouldn't want to see you injure our draft cha . . . your wrist again.

Banned
    Thanks

I'm against trading Varejao now. First of all, dude's a center, defensive center, drop the PF bs, he's been playing center for the last 2 years and had heavy center minutes before that, and he's the 2nd best center in the east, I'd say better than Tyson Chandler, who's paid 14m per season while AV is getting 9m. There's very few contracts in the league this good. You can't replace AV either, unless we win the lottery, any center we might draft will take years to reach andy status, if we plan to return to contention in 2014-2015 season, we need Varejao, simple as that.

Rookie
    Thanks

Well said. Keep Andy and take Melo with the Lakers pick. Sign Asik in the offseason...Bam! Center is locked up for years. Andy and Asik split time with Melo seeing some minutes here and there, but basically developing for a couple years. I think with some time and coaching, Melo can be a better version of Amare.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trapalizer View Post
    I'm against trading Varejao now. First of all, dude's a center, defensive center, drop the PF bs, he's been playing center for the last 2 years and had heavy center minutes before that, and he's the 2nd best center in the east, I'd say better than Tyson Chandler, who's paid 14m per season while AV is getting 9m. There's very few contracts in the league this good. You can't replace AV either, unless we win the lottery, any center we might draft will take years to reach andy status, if we plan to return to contention in 2014-2015 season, we need Varejao, simple as that.
    I love Andy, and I think he's a "game changing" player. But he is not the 2nd best center in the east, and he's not a better center than Tyson Chandler.

Now if we're talking value, he's certainly worth every penny he's paid and has a great contract.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 630 Posts

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toph For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,334 Posts

and how many injuries has he had during that same time?

av is never ever ever going to fall off. 14-15 playoffs are 3 years away and he won't have declined at all. nope.

eta: ^^ and obviously that too

Thanks
    Thanked 4,142 Times in 1,698 Posts

He's only played center because he has to....
    i like jorts