Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Game 22, Mavs @ Cavs, Saturday, 4 February 2012, 7:30pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Mavs were unbeaten when shooting over 45%. they did not play badley by any means of the word. nowitski was on and so was jet. turnovers are from poor execution and was a battle won by the cavs.
    20+ turnovers does not win you games. Doesn't matter, having an angry day. Sorry.
    'You effeminate basement dwelling tech nerds set up shop on the left coast because New Yorkers or Chicago types would eat your lunch and crap it on your keyboard."

- Sleepy51 of Realgm Warriors

Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 1,965 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeaks View Post
    Wow. Look at Byron Scott smile. That's how good that move was.
    WHAT MOVE!? WHAT MOVE!?

Someone PLEASE post a replay of this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 688 Posts

Nice article on Delonte by Tom Reed:

Delonte West can't hide his fondness for Cleveland: Cavaliers Insider

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Mavericks guard Delonte West has good memories of his time with the Cavaliers and their fans. Judging by the warm pre-game ovation he received Saturday night, Cleveland shares the sentiment.

West returned to The Q for the first time since he was a member of the Cavaliers during the fateful 2010 playoffs. He spoke to the media prior to game, saying he feels good physically and mentally and enjoys his new role with the defending NBA champions.

"Everything is great, I'm enjoying Dallas," said West, averaging 8.1 points, 3.3 points and 22 minutes. "It's just a great atmosphere. Like Cleveland, it's just another one of those owners [in Mark Cuban] that just gets it."

West suffers from bipolar disorder. In 2009, he was arrested on weapons and traffic charges in Maryland. He eventually plead to two misdemeanor weapons charges. Despite his medical condition, he has been a solid contributor at almost every stop -- including Cleveland, where he played from 2007-10. He spoke fondly of his days with the franchise.

"I don't consider them fans, I consider them my friends," West said. "We had such a close bond. It's good to see the same faces. And that speaks to what Cleveland sports is about. Even though the things that went on."

West was asked why he thought the heavily-favored Cavaliers were eliminated by Boston in the 2010 playoffs.

"I know what happened," he said. "We ran into a fierce Boston team. [Rajon] Rondo was playing the best basketball of his career. [Shaquille O'Neal] went down with the injury. And we had no answer for them. That's all it was. You can't take credit from a great Boston team."

He spent last season with the Celtics, playing just 24 games, before signing as a free agent with the Mavericks.

West said he likes the new-look Cavaliers. "They have a great coaching staff and one of the best owners in the NBA here," he said. "I think they have a nice group of young guys here. This organization is heading in the right direction."

LINK
    "If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
    -George Clinton

Thanks
    Thanked 28,838 Times in 9,215 Posts

It's nice hearing good things about Gilbert from the players.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    It's nice hearing good things about Gilbert from the players.
    Yeah, for all the bad pub Gilbert seems to get from the media (ESPN in particular obviously), most of the players seem to hold him in pretty high regard - save for one.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,130 Times in 1,403 Posts

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to InBoobieWeTrust For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    I'll say it again killjoys like this have no place in game threads especially after beating the defending NBA champs in a come behind win

We got Kyrie with the Clippers pick at the 8th position so tanking for #1 argument holds no water for me.

we have an owner willing to spend and some tradeable assets in Sessions and Jamison

they might not get us anything more than a second round draft pick but it COULD allow us to move up with OUR 1st

so enjoy the win as most REAL cavs fans do or STFU
    So we should count on a 1-2% chance to get into the lottery. That's why the tanking argument holds no water. A second round pick or a 20s first will get us into the high lottery.

Okay, passionate fans who have different takes not allowed got no place on RCF. Fuck that. Done.
    'You effeminate basement dwelling tech nerds set up shop on the left coast because New Yorkers or Chicago types would eat your lunch and crap it on your keyboard."

- Sleepy51 of Realgm Warriors

Thanks

There is absolutely zero reason to trade Andy now. I almost wish he played like shit so he would have no trade value. Kyrie gets a lot of credit for closing these games out, but he wouldn't have the opportunity to close them out if you get rid of AV. I tell you, if we trade Andy, we will be missing out on something great.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ClevelandOwns For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    So we should count on a 1-2% chance to get into the lottery. That's why the tanking argument holds no water. A second round pick or a 20s first will get us into the high lottery.

Okay, passionate fans who have different takes not allowed got no place on RCF. Fuck that. Done.
    Seriously, Dude, lighten up. There are like 20 other threads to go and get all upset over a win in. It gets real real tiring to hear posters bitching in here because they won. This is a game thread to enjoy conversation about what happened in the game. That's why everyone has basically been hammering anyone who refuses to treat it as such.

And, something for you to think about. No matter if we cheer when they win, or cheer when they lose, it doesn't ever effect that happening from the courtesy of our keyboards or sitting in front of the tv set. So, why get all upset over them winning? Nothing you can change about it. Might as well enjoy it and the improvements our young players are showing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,933 Times in 2,170 Posts

20+ turnovers does not win you games. Doesn't matter, having an angry day. Sorry.
    21 dallas turnovers, I counted 12 cavs steals. I guess we shouldn't get credit for getting steals and forcing turnovers?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,559 Times in 4,827 Posts

There are no restrictions on what RCF posters can post in what RCF threads on what game days. Use the Ignore feature if you don't like alternate opinions.

If it turns into a big tank vs. win argument, then take it somewhere else.

Anyway, I don't think there are going to be a lot of "I wish we lost posts" tonight. Like the Celtics game, it is hard for anyone to take away from a win on a back-to-back, against a very good team, and featuring a decent performance by Gee, and excellent games (esp. in the 2nd half) by AV and Kyrie. A little too much good happened for that to become the focus of this thread.
    Last edited by wuck; 02-04-2012 at 11:07 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

(i wish we lost post)

Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,703 Times in 2,072 Posts

OH I thought you was a dallas fan

Thanks
    Thanked 6,325 Times in 2,878 Posts

In his defense, he is a moron.

Anyway, I caught the end of this game and once again was just baffled at how amazing Irving is when the game is on the line. The team went to him once again and he delivered. I wish he hadn't tonight, but props to him. Not that we didn't already know this, but he's a keeper.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,559 Times in 4,827 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    and thats the reason why even one of the tankers is so fuckin annoying

they totally ignore the individual performances ( kyrie, AV, etc) only to come in and say an inspiring win is one step away from the #1 we are too good to get two years in a row
    Use the Ignore feature if it annoys you. It's not hard to figure out what posters really want the Cavs to lose.

On a different note, is there an animated GIF or a YouTube clip of that beautiful pass Kyrie made to AV in the lane?