Page 117 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3845
    Thanks

Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    He'd probably be singing the praises of Cleveland if he were there with Browns brass.
    ^This.

You dont bad mouth the team that traded 3 1sts for you. You'll tell white lies to make them feel powerful.

I bet RG3 can get away with anything now. He'll be the Lebron to the Redskins organization.
    Last edited by Sock; 03-22-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    realcavsfans.com where real Cavs fans dot com.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevalier View Post
    http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...ludes-Pics-MET)

For anyone else who had as major of a mancrush on RG3 as I did and was ready to slit their throats after the Redskins deal, maybe this gem will help ease the pain. Apparently, RG3 was glad that it was NOT Cleveland that traded to the #2 pick according to a Redskins fan who attended a dinner in Waco, TX where RG3 was schmoozing it up with the Redskins brass. Obviously, I was skeptical of his claim, but he posted pictures of him posing with Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen there, and the thread claims that he's legitimate. I guess all of Griffin's talk of being "honored" to go to the Browns was pure bullshit... Oh well, Colt will light it up this year and this was all just a giant blessing in disguise... Does anyone know if mixing antifreeze with rum is poisidsghermtqretj5245 (dies.)
    I read the post, and that quote was from Bruce Allen, not Griffin. Who knows how it was intended. ("He's sure glad he isn't going to Cleveland, amirite? High five!) Who knows what Griffin even said. And honestly, it doesn't matter. Griffin isn't coming here either way. Most athletes who come here love it, including one who grew up in the DC area (love you, Josh Cribbs). And they love it because of us - Cleveland fans support their players well. (Unless they are QBs, in which case we cheer when they get injured.)

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,674 Posts

It's all about winning. The Browns have been largely irrelevant in the NFL since 1999. We haven't had even a reasonable QB since Tim Couch and without a QB most in the NFL, especially players, don't believe you have a chance. If we get a QB, start winning some games and have cap room, free agents will pay more attention to Cleveland. Without those, free agents will only reluctantly come here because the other options aren't as good (not guaranteed a starting job, money isn't right, etc)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phills14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,528 Times in 3,396 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    Too bad the Browns didn't make a stronger push for Ben Jarvis-Green Ellis(just signed with Cincy). I'm thinking based on their lack of involvement in FA for RB's they have targeted Trent Richardson. Which I'm perfectly cool with, just hope they actually pull the trigger on him.
    Not necessarily. They certainly could be, but there are a lot of other good options that are available later in the draft. Not to mention they could make some sort of trade. I really wasn't all that enamored with any of the FA RBs.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

any body hearing anything else about jonathan stewart i think he would be a nice pickup

Thanks
    Thanked 5,388 Times in 1,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbaes View Post
    Outside of the obvious downtown district of D.C. with Congress, the White House, and all of the tourist bullshit, Washington is a fucking shit hole. I've been there. If you want to see authentic "ghetto america," head to urban D.C.

Scary stuff.
    Not to derail the thread, but I live in DC. You have no idea what you're talking about.

There is a flood of people/money moving back into the city. The restaurant/bar/cafe/club/arts seen has exploded. Neighborhoods like Adams Morgan, Golver Park, Logan Circle, Dupont, Shaw, LeDroit, Eastern Market, Mt. Pleasant, Eckington. Brookland etc. all have undergone a huge transformation over the last 10 years.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Noonan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but I live in DC. You have no idea what you're talking about.

There is a flood of people/money moving back into the city. The restaurant/bar/cafe/club/arts seen has exploded. Neighborhoods like Adams Morgan, Golver Park, Logan Circle, Dupont, Shaw, LeDroit, Eastern Market, Mt. Pleasant, Eckington. Brookland etc. all have undergone a huge transformation over the last 10 years.
    Fair enough, but let's not sugar coat the murder capital of the us.

Let's not sugar coat how awful the owner of the skins is. I can only think of a few teams worse than the browns:

1. Jacksonville - pretty simple
    2. Washington - idiot owner who doesn't mind spending money, but always spends it on the wrong guy who's overhyped.
    3. Cincinnati - I just don't trust that they will be in it for the long haul. They always progress and regress.
    4. Oakland - Palmer is done and thy have next to no draft picks

Maybe there's more, but those are the four I think of off the top of my head. The colts could be added to that list if luck is a bust, but I don't think he will be.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 178 Posts

Here is an update from Vinny the Fly from the OBR. He usually has a lo of good inside info:

We’ll start with the fluff and get it out of the way, then we’ll get to the goods…………….

With needs throughout the roster, the Cleveland Browns entered the free agent player signing period in a position to improve the quality and depth at key positions. Nearly a week into free agency, the Browns have made a couple waves, and not the splash the team truly needs.

Veteran defensive ends, Frostee Rucker (Cincinnati) and Juqua Parker (Philadelphia) signed contracts with the Browns.

Rucker, a run-stopper was signed for the obvious. Parker, more of a situational pass rushing type at this point of his career provides experience, stability and an ability to rush the quarterback.

Both players offer a skill-set which should improve the defense of the Browns.

While the defense gains talent, one of the worst offensive teams in the game continue to fall short in adding talent to play at a competitive level.

It’s not to say re-tooling the roster in free agency is method most beneficial for a team such as the Browns, but the lack of securing a play-maker or two will continue to keep the down-ridden Browns hoping their tides turn.

General manager Tom Heckert stated prior to the signing period that the Browns would likely not be a player in the frenzied market.

He wasn’t kidding.

The Browns went about business as planned, as their attention was focused on re-signing their own free agents, as well as looking to solidify the left defensive end position.

Throughout the 2011 season the Browns run defense struggled. Play at left defensive end was sieve like, with veteran Jayme Mitchell manning the position. Mitchell’s play was poor, which ultimately led to his benching and ultimate release within the past week.

The re-signing of middle linebacker D’Qwell Jackson was an important move. Securing offensive guard John Greco provides depth and versatility along the line, as does the multi-year deal agreed upon by defensive back Dimitri Patterson.

Offensive lineman Oniel Cousins, tight-end Alex Smith and defensive lineman Brian Schaefering each inked deals to remain with the team.

Lost in free agency was starting offensive right tackle Tony Pashos, starting left guard Eric Steinbach (injured) and starting defensive back Mike Adams. The loss of Adams could be immediately felt due to his versatility, while Pashos and Steinbach battled injuries for the better part of the year.

The Goods

- The Browns determined the QB position in free agency is not worth the price and gamble. The thought process is, Colt McCoy can provide the team what those in free agency can and the potential to develop and improve McCoy’s game remains.

When the Browns attack the QB position, it will be in the draft. Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden and Brock Osweiler are the likely targets, and the Browns anticipate coming out of the draft with one of these prospects.

The Browns have talked to everyone each of the players has crossed paths with in college. From former teammates to coaches, the Browns have had significant discussions on each player as well as viewing nearly every clip of film available.

An underdog in the hunt may be Kirk Cousins. The Browns spent plenty of time watching the QB at the Senior Bowl and Combine event in Indianapolis.

- When the free agent player signing period commenced, the Browns had interest in the group of available RB’s. Quickly, the Browns backed off when demands coming from the agents for the available RB’s came to light. The 2012 free agent player signing period is loaded with over-priced veterans; the Browns are smart in waiting out the market.

Ben Tate of the Houston Texans intrigues the Browns, but the Texans are not poised to move the depth of the backfield just yet.

In the draft, the Browns will be in position to make a huge splash at RB. Behind Trent Richardson, the depth at RB coming from the college level is as strong as it has been in years.

As the Browns consider Richardson with the fourth overall selection in the draft, the organization can easily wait until the 22nd overall selection and obtain a RB that project well to the NFL.

The names we are hearing are specifically are Doug Martin and Isaiah Pead.

- As securing a WR in free agency has been a wash-out, the Browns remain interested in obtaining an experienced talent. The Browns have spent time evaluating Mark Clayton, but have yet to offer the WR a contract.

If the WR position remains excessively valued, the Browns are expected to offer a one-year deal to a veteran, with serious bonus opportunities.

The draft is where the Browns have the greatest opportunity to improve their marginal receiving corps.

Justin Blackmon impressed the Browns during his pro-day workout. The Browns are also impressed with the talents of Michael Floyd, Stephen Hill and Ryan Broyles.

Blackmon, Floyd and Hill are likely first round draft choices, while Broyles could be a late draft selection of value due to his coming off knee surgery.

From what we have heard, the Browns have Blackmon and Floyd rated similarly, with Hill a step behind.

- The Browns have not closed the door on obtaining a right tackle in free agency. Anthony Collins and Geoff Schwartz are on the Browns radar, but the Browns as they have been since the start of the free agent player signing period have been distant in displaying their interest.

Quick Notes of Interest

- The Browns are not expected to select an offensive lineman with the 4th pick in the draft.

- The Browns are not expected to select a QB with the 4th pick in the draft.

- The Browns have noted the value of the 4th pick to them as an organization and we have heard the Browns are open to dealing the pick.

- The Browns were rebuffed in their efforts to secure the 1st pick in the draft from the Indianapolis Colts.

- The Browns are looking at OLB’s in free agency and the draft to fill the spot presently held by veteran Scott Fujita. The Browns call it improving the depth at the position, which could use some speed and quickness.

- The Browns interest in OLB Manny Lawson in free agency isn’t as strong as some in the media may portrait it. As has been the Browns course, they have displayed interest from a distance in a handful of players.

- The Browns are seriously considering 28 year old Brandon Weeden with the 37th overall selection in the draft.

- The Browns are content for the time being with Colt McCoy starting the season under center.

- The Browns are expected to select an interior offensive in the draft to develop. Some of which is due to improving depth, but also as an opportunity to secure a lineman in the event RG Shawn Lauvao doesn’t improve with his inconsistency issues.

- QB Robert Griffin III is extremely happy the Redskins and not the Browns moved up to the 2nd spot to grab him in the draft.

- WR Justin Blackmon, I have been told doesn’t want to play in Cleveland, because “they suck.”

- RB Trent Richardson just wants to be draft and play some football.

- QB Ryan Tannehill hopes to be drafted and coached to utilize his athletic ability to its fullest.

This fly will be dropping in on you again soon!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GonzoRatso88 For This Useful Post:

Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Thanks

WR Justin Blackmon, I have been told doesn’t want to play in Cleveland, because “they suck.”
    =[

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 370 Posts

^ This combined with Heckert's history and willingness to let Adams go spell out exactly why I think we either take Claiborne or trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoRatso88 View Post
    - In the draft, the Browns will be in position to make a huge splash at RB. Behind Trent Richardson, the depth at RB coming from the college level is as strong as it has been in years.

- As the Browns consider Richardson with the fourth overall selection in the draft, the organization can easily wait until the 22nd overall selection and obtain a RB that project well to the NFL.

- From what we have heard, the Browns have Blackmon and Floyd rated similarly, with Hill a step behind.

- WR Justin Blackmon, I have been told doesn't want to play in Cleveland, because "they suck."

- The Browns are not expected to select an offensive lineman with the 4th pick in the draft.

- The Browns are not expected to select a QB with the 4th pick in the draft.

- The Browns have noted the value of the 4th pick to them as an organization and we have heard the Browns are open to dealing the pick.
    If all this is right, we're not taking a QB or OT, we think the draft at RB is so good that we can easily grab a stud at #22 and we don't view Blackmon as a stud (if he's rated similarly to Floyd) and he's an ass anyway who doesn't want to be here. Trying to connect the dots, who does that leave on the table?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoRatso88 View Post
    - QB Robert Griffin III is extremely happy the Redskins and not the Browns moved up to the 2nd spot to grab him in the draft.
    And this confirms the stuff that leaked out from the Redskins fan about RGIII. Disappointing, I thought he'd be the kind of guy who would relish turning a franchise around. Guess his character isn't as perfect as is being put out there.
    Last edited by Spectre; 03-22-2012 at 10:07 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,388 Times in 1,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Fair enough, but let's not sugar coat the murder capital of the us.
    Hilarious. This is about 20 years old. Btw I heard there's this new thing coming out of Detroit called the Ford combustible engine. Could be all the rage!

Just stop typing.

Game Changer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    WR Justin Blackmon, I have been told doesn’t want to play in Cleveland, because “they suck.”
    =[
    Meh. I stand by my assessment, which it looks like the Browns are on the same page (at least 2 of 3). Floyd>Hill>Jeffrey

Thanks
    Thanked 4,955 Times in 1,766 Posts

I have been totally against the drafting of Richardson, but if we could move back to about 6 and draft Richardson, then I'm doing it.

BTW, I don't buy the hype that TB is going to draft Richardson. I think they are a lock for Mo.

Rising out of the ashes

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,674 Posts

I like that the Browns have an interest in Ryan Broyles late in the draft. In the mid to late rounds he'd be a steal, good upside and almost no risk at that spot in the draft.

I'm a little concerned about Stephen Hill being rated so high. He's an unproven player in my opinion. A guy who is blazing fast but his offense didn't feature him. He seems like a workout warrior to me and I'm usually very skeptical on all those guys

If this guy has a good pulse on the Browns, it looks like Justin Blackmon is NOT the pick. It will come down to Richardson and Claiborne. If Heckert follows his history, I think he takes Claiborne and gets RBs and WRs with 22 and 37. I can also see him shopping the pick hard to someone like the Rams or Jaguars and picking up an extra 2nd rounder or 2. If they aren't able to do that, I can also see them packaging a 3rd and one of their extra 4ths to get back into the 2nd round to snag a Weeden or Osweiler.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phills14 For This Useful Post:

Game Changer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    If all this is right, we're not taking a QB or OT, we think the draft at RB is so good that we can easily grab a stud at #22 and we don't view Blackmon as a stud (if he's rated similarly to Floyd) and he's an ass anyway who doesn't want to be here. Trying to connect the dots, who does that leave on the table?
    My guess is Claiborne as you said, or trade down, then Richardson. Not really siked about those comments. I think Claiborne is great and all, but CB is not a position of great need. I'd only accept taking Claiborne, if we address RB with a trade or free agent. Otherwise, I think we should grab Richardson, and a WR at 22. The other scenario I could go with is a trade down and taking Floyd, get an extra 2nd rounder and take one of the RB later.