Page 142 of 257 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3845
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 762 Posts

Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chumpclassic View Post
    I don't like this argument. If anyone we take at 4 meets expectations were gonna have to find cap space to pay them. Look at the Eagles roster Yes they failed miserably to meet expectations this past year but I think we all expect them to figure it out this year with how good there roster is. But look at there cornerbacks there paying Asante Samuel 10 mil this year. Nnamdi Asomugha 11 mil. and they have Rodgers-Cromartie who they'll have to pay next year when he becomes a free agent. Obviously there trying to trade Samuel but thats only because they have 2 stud corners besides him. My main point is this, look at the talent the eagles have. If there able to have that talented of a roster with 2 high paid cornerbacks than why can't the Browns pay 2 stud corner backs in 4-5 years? At the 4th pick I believe you have to take the Best player available and when the time comes I'm sure the front office will find a way to pay them.
    We don't want to get too much money tied up in one position. It's bad news if you're going down that route because then you don't have enough money for other positions that are essential on the field. Having a stud corner, and a tier 2 corner works just fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    We don't want to get too much money tied up in one position. It's bad news if you're going down that route because then you don't have enough money for other positions that are essential on the field. Having a stud corner, and a tier 2 corner works just fine.
    I understand that side of the argument I just don't want to pass on a player with more talent and take a player with lesser talent so we can fill a need. We have 12 other picks in this draft I just want to make sure we get a stud with the 4th pick and not take a risk.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chumpclassic For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 949 Posts

if we go tannehill at 4, consider me a Browns fan no more

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

3 ball... got it!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 609 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    if we go tannehill at 4, consider me a Browns fan no more
    Thank God.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DJTJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by West and Gibson View Post
    Thank God.
    Here's to hoping we go Tannehill at 4....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Triplethreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 1,764 Posts

It should be noted that Richardson is coming off knee surgery. A 4.58 after having a knee operated on is extremely impressive. I think if healthy he'd run a low 4.4 time.

I think i'm leaning towards Richardson now, value be damned.

Rising out of the ashes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amherstcavsfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 370 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    To me, it doesn't matter how much money is tied up in a position so long as the position is a) important and b) sees the field. For example, you don't want to tie up all your money in guards because it's a position of lesser importance and you wouldn't want to be paying a ton to a backup since he's not likely to see the field.

A #2 corner is going to be on the field constantly and of increased importance as the league moves more towards the pass. I'd also argue that having a stud #1 corner makes having a stud #2 corner even more important since they'll be throwing away from the #1 most of the time.

Bottom line, if Claiborne is BPA on our board, take him. The teams that pass BPA for "need" are the teams that end up making the most mistakes.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports the Browns are "thinking of selecting" Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill with the fourth overall pick next month.
    Several sources tell LaCanfora the Browns are "monitoring Tannehill closely and have favorable scouting reports" on the QB. The report doesn't tell us much more than was already assumed. With four weeks to decide whether to pull the trigger on Tannehill, the Browns have no reason to show other teams anything other than serious interest. For what it's worth, ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes the Browns are still "leaning against" drafting Tannehill or Brandon Weeden.
    Source - Rotoworld.com

A lot of smoke going around lately I hope this prompts the Dolphins to trade up to 3 to take Tannehill. I would love to have Kalil on the board when were picking...Not so much for us to take him but for the trade offers we'd likely receive. Personally I think the browns want Claiborne since hes the only player they don't seem to be talking about.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 657 Posts

If Claiborne is a superior talent, then I think we have to take him. I don't even want to think of it as drafting a #2 corner. He'd be a starter. Given time he may even be better than Haden. He's rated higher as a prospect than Haden was, so you really don't know. If he's close to the other guys on the board or they think he probably isn't a #1 guy. Then yeah, take another position. You can't just not take someone that's clearly better when you know he's going to start just because you think you have a bigger need elsewhere.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,491 Times in 1,669 Posts

No more trade downs, BPA at #4. Which by all accounts doesn't include Tannehill. Same thing at 22, which again Tannehill is gone and Weeden is damn sure not the BPA at 22.
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdt For This Useful Post:

Hall of Farmer
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amherstcavsfan View Post
    It should be noted that Richardson is coming off knee surgery. A 4.58 after having a knee operated on is extremely impressive. I think if healthy he'd run a low 4.4 time.

I think i'm leaning towards Richardson now, value be damned.
    You know who else was coming off a knee Injury? Montario Hardesty

I will riot if we take Tennehill at 4. If we don't take Claiborne for whatever reason or that RT, I like drafting down. No lower than 8 though.

Off topic sort of.
    Will the draft be the same as last year? The first round only on day 1?

edit-NFL Draft begins Thursday, April 26, 2012, and ends Saturday, April 28, 2012. Yes.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,071 Times in 3,549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SixPACK View Post
    The Cleveland Browns are thinking of selecting Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill with the fourth overall pick, according to Browns personnel who got orders from H & H to hit hard the fact that they like Tannehill & he's absolutely in the running to be their pick at #4.
    Fixed.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    NFL Draft Insider
    Trent Richardson runs a 4.58 forty at Bama pro day along with 25 reps of 225.
    huh, really, he is slow. if only someone on this board had been trying to say that for the last 2 months.

he still isnt above tannehill on my do not want list, but he is quickly getting up that high. it would be ridiculous to take richardson in the top 5 at this point.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bob2the2nd For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 949 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    huh, really, he is slow. if only someone on this board had been trying to say that for the last 2 months.

he still isnt above tannehill on my do not want list, but he is quickly getting up that high. it would be ridiculous to take richardson in the top 5 at this point.
    That run was at 70% though
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chardon View Post
    You know who else was coming off a knee Injury? Montario Hardesty