Page 228 of 257 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3845
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    Why? Without any predisposed notions about the way teams will draft, rumors, interviews, medical reports and based solely on watching tape, this is what a widely respected NFL person has. Even if you don't agree that's how it will go down, it's pretty interesting to note that he's projecting completely different rankings than ESPN talking heads.
    because its not a mock draft, and it shouldnt be labeled it as such. its more like him looking into the future based on film and trying to say this is what the draft should have gone like from the stand point of 5 years from now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bob2the2nd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 731 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phills1 View Post
    There has been almost no talk of Nick Foles on this board. What are your thoughts on him? He's going to be available in the 3rd or 4th round. He has prototypical size for the position. Good but not elite arm strength, 2-1 TD to INT ratio over 3 full years as a starter. Well above 60% passer in a big time conference (PAC10/12). Team leader, film rat.

The knocks on him are that he's slow. Poor mobility will cause him to take a lot of sacks and obviously won't allow him to extend plays. Arizona lost as a lot of games while he was there. He played a lot out of the shotgun vs under center.

What are the other knocks that make him a 3-4th round prospect vs. a 1-2?

I'm not into Tannehill anywhere before 22, I like Weeden but I can justified why we would go other positions. I do not like Cousins at all. Osweiler isn't all that great in my opinion. I have liked Foles for a while now and if we are going to pass on Weeden, he'd be the guy I'd target followed by Osweiler and Cousins.

I actually brought up Foles earlier in the thread. Honestly--from what i have viewed from him on tape he is my favorite QB [prospect in the later rounds]. I agree with your comments on his size. He should have no trouble seeing over a line and creating nice windows for himself. I think his lack of mobility wont be too much of an issue with the WCO. I have to admit--for some reason i have always been curious about the guy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WellYouNeednt For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

Seems like he just wanted to go against the grain for most of that draft.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MJA1080 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 3,394 Posts

I realize that Cosell's mock isn't what we're used to seeing. I also realize that it's not really a mock draft, more a system of rating players based on their on the field play. The thing is though, Cosell knows his stuff. He and Mayock are 2 of the guys I trust the most when it comes to this sort of thing.
    Ass pennies

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoDelonte View Post
    Heckert may not even care anyway - if he may want Claiborne over Trent
    Heckert would love Richardson going at 3 if he really wants Claiborne. Then, all of the mouth-breathing, casual fans wouldnt be able to complain about passing on Richardson if we took Mo over him.

Im actually terrified of what the reaction is going to be in Browns land if we do in fact draft Mo C over Trent. Judging by some of the uber strong opinions in this thread alone, I shudder to imagine how all of the non-big picture "fans" would take that decision. Yikes.
    ZZZ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to B Mac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,274 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    because its not a mock draft, and it shouldnt be labeled it as such. its more like him looking into the future based on film and trying to say this is what the draft should have gone like from the stand point of 5 years from now.
    I think that is the goal with drafting. If in five years this is the list of players is on point, that would make Cosell a genius. For example, if Cosell was doing this in 2009 and mocked Clay Matthews to the Browns at 5, wouldn't you say that would be a hell of a call even though nobody else mocked him that high?

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,274 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B Mac View Post
    Heckert would love Richardson going at 3 if he really wants Claiborne. Then, all of the mouth-breathing, casual fans wouldnt be able to complain about passing on Richardson if we took Mo over him.

Im actually terrified of what the reaction is going to be in Browns land if we do in fact draft Mo C over Trent. Judging by some of the uber strong opinions in this thread alone, I shudder to imagine how all of the non-big picture "fans" would take that decision. Yikes.
    I'm about as pro-Trent as anybody in here and will be upset if he isn't a Brown regardless of whether or not he is there at 4. With that said, I'm not going to be horrified if I must swallow a "conciliation prize" as good as Mo Claiborne. I just am pretty upset that if both he and Haden play to their expected potential, as the 4th and 7th pick in the draft should, then the Browns couldn't feasibly justify giving them both big contracts. That would suck. Losing one of them would suck too.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 657 Posts

Who cares what he calls it? If he's projecting the future of players, is that not more interesting to look at than someone trying to guess all the picks based on what they think they know? Who cares about mock drafts after the draft? All anyone is going to want to know is how good the player is going to be. I just think there's a lot of interesting things there. Dontari Poe is not in the first. Floyd > Blackmon. Only 2 DT's, and Cox way ahead of Brockers. Claiborne and Kirkpatrick are behind Gilmore and Jenkins. I don't care about the correct order. Nobody will get the correct order of picks. It's the rankings and general area where these players go off the board that interests me. If you disagree with that, then whatever. To wipe your butt with it and completely disregard it because you don't think it's the correct prediction order, I don't get it. The NFL probably asked him to put this in mock draft format. I really welcome a different source of information instead of the same rehashed crap we've for the last several months.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post
    I think that is the goal with drafting. If in five years this is the list of players is on point, that would make Cosell a genius. For example, if Cosell was doing this in 2009 and mocked Clay Matthews to the Browns at 5, wouldn't you say that would be a hell of a call even though nobody else mocked him that high?
    that doesnt make this a mock draft however. this is him trying to predict the god damn future nothing more.

look this guy may be very well respected and he may know his shit but this isnt what he thinks is actually going to happen, instead its just a mess of his player ratings. he can call this whatever the fuck he wants to, as long as he doestn call it a mock draft, because, its not one.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bob2the2nd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    Who cares what he calls it? If he's projecting the future of players, is that not more interesting to look at than someone trying to guess all the picks based on what they think they know? Who cares about mock drafts after the draft? All anyone is going to want to know is how good the player is going to be. I just think there's a lot of interesting things there. Dontari Poe is not in the first. Floyd > Blackmon. Only 2 DT's, and Cox way ahead of Brockers. Claiborne and Kirkpatrick are behind Gilmore and Jenkins. I don't care about the correct order. Nobody will get the correct order of picks. It's the rankings and general area where these players go off the board that interests me. If you disagree with that, then whatever. To wipe your butt with it and completely disregard it because you don't think it's the correct prediction order, I don't get it. The NFL probably asked him to put this in mock draft format. I really welcome a different source of information instead of the same rehashed crap we've for the last several months.
    here is a hint most major draft analysis people have 2 lists their ratings of players (and why) and a mock draft. this pile shit, is neither. if you want to know how someone views a player go look at their player ratings, that should give you insight youre looking for

Don't just stare at it..
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,625 Times in 747 Posts

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A Squared For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,156 Posts

Derek Anderson all over again.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I.K.W.T For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmhtfld View Post
    Would probably look better with white Under Armour. Black doesn't fit well.

Don't just stare at it..
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,625 Times in 747 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SanduskyCav View Post
    Would probably look better with white Under Armour. Black doesn't fit well.
    Hows this?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to A Squared For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 657 Posts

here is a hint most major draft analysis people have 2 lists their ratings of players (and why) and a mock draft. this pile shit, is neither. if you want to know how someone views a player go look at their player ratings, that should give you insight youre looking for
    If you don't like it, just move on. Why do you feel the need to get spun up when someone doesn't share your opinion?
    Klaatu Barada Nikto