Page 11 of 257 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    if griffin is gone, and clairborne is gone, it makes it really damn easy to trade the pick to anyone that wants kahil which would be about 20 teams in the league. or the browns could take kahil and make him a RT (which im 50/50 on).

there are 4 top players in this draft between luck, griffin, kahil, claiborne. i think its VERY important for everyone to keep in mind even if someone jumps up to 2 or 3 to select griffin the browns will still end up with a very good player. its one of the prime reasons i dont think the browns should offer up anything more than a mid round pick to the rams or vikings to move up. because ultimately the vikings nor rams really want a lose out on a top 4 player, and the browns know they really dont have to move up to select griffin. so i really think the draft goes something like the following. the colts take luck, the rams take kahil, the browns trade up to 3 for a 3rd round pick and take griffin, and the vikings take claiborne. everyone ends up happy, and the browns dont sacrifice a high draft pick
    I'm about 80% sure Kalil won't be available at 4. Minnesota has a huge hole at LT as well, so I don't think they'd pass on him if he dropped to their lap at 3.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,759 Times in 3,475 Posts

if griffin is gone, and clairborne is gone, it makes it really damn easy to trade the pick to anyone that wants kahil which would be about 20 teams in the league. or the browns could take kahil and make him a RT (which im 50/50 on).

there are 4 top players in this draft between luck, griffin, kahil, claiborne. i think its VERY important for everyone to keep in mind even if someone jumps up to 2 or 3 to select griffin the browns will still end up with a very good player. its one of the prime reasons i dont think the browns should offer up anything more than a mid round pick to the rams or vikings to move up. because ultimately the vikings nor rams really want a lose out on a top 4 player, and the browns know they really dont have to move up to select griffin. so i really think the draft goes something like the following. the colts take luck, the rams take kahil, the browns trade up to 3 for a 3rd round pick and take griffin, and the vikings take claiborne. everyone ends up happy, and the browns dont sacrifice a high draft pick
    No no no no no God no. I can't think of a single scenario I would hate more than this. Except maybe swapping picks with the Giants for nothing.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 713 Posts

You should include Richardson in the Very Good players list. Even if you are strategically opposed to selecting a RB in the top 10, there is no doubt that Richardson is a rare athlete for the position.

I disagree that there are 4 "top" players in this draft. There are only three: Luck, RGIII and Kalil would all be #1 prospects in different draft classes. As a result, the most likely scenario sees those three off the board in the first three picks. We could trade out of #4 if we get a good enough offer, but someone here pointed out that the #4 pick brings value, and we always have the option to trade. That simply isn't true. If no one is willing to offer fair market value for the pick, then it would be dumb to trade the pick. We should thus pick the best player who helps our team now, and in my mind, that would be Richardson.

Claiborne is another very good option, and not one I would be sad about, but considering that the one area the Browns excelled in last year was pass coverage, I don't think Claiborne would help all that much. Keep in mind, no matter how good your secondary is, you'll never render opposing offenses to 0 completions. Nor will you render their TD:Int ratio to 0:1. Statistically, there is only so much more we can improve our coverage, and I don't think Claiborne would do as much to help our defense as Richardson would do to help our offense. Hell, it's possible that a lesser prospect like Coples could do more for our defense than a guy like Claiborne, because our pass rush and run blocking really do need some help.

Of course, Coples at 4 might be a bit of a stretch, which is again why #4 isn't ideal for the Browns in this draft.

Let's go ahead and assume that St. Louis will be trading the #2 pick to the highest bidder. I think this is a very safe assumption to make. They have made it clear they want to move the pick, they are willing to trade down, and there is no doubt that RGIII will be able to bring back more than fair value for #2 overall. St. Louis has many holes on their team, and QB isn't one of them, so adding picks is far more necessary for them than taking yet another LT, even one as good as Kalil.

We either part with both of our 1sts and probably a kicker like our 4th, or we stay pat and select from the guys available at the positions we are slotted to pick from.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MalTalm For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @RuiterWrongFAN
    From @AdamtheBullFAN's TL: Team sources tell NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin 'Skins ready 2 offer Rams top 3 2012 picks + 2013 1st rounder
    Good grief

Thanks
    Thanked 2,928 Times in 905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigjmac0815 View Post
    Good grief
    1. How would a local news station in Philadelphia have the inside scoop on a trade between Washington and St. Louis?

2. That is an extreme, extreme amount of value to surrender for a team to move up 4 spots.

I don't buy that garbage, but then again, Washington's ass-backwards franchise never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigjmac0815 View Post
    Good grief
    Looking at the point chart, our two firsts and a 4th this year and our second next beats that.

Just sayin.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

Team Player
    Thanks

Wow if they offer all that then I think they can have him. I'll do the two first rounders and a later pick to move up to 2 but thats about all I would consider acceptable.

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,498 Times in 1,910 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 5,378 Posts

It was on the internets.

It is fact.

BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    It was on the internets.

It is fact.
    I agree with you. But knowing the Redskins, I wouldn't be shocked if they offer even more than that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavlovic3Ball For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,053 Times in 1,580 Posts

I highly doubt that is true, especially at this point in the process. However, I have said all along that if Washington wants RG3, they will get RG3. Their owner has shown he gets what he wants no matter what the cost is.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,049 Times in 3,424 Posts

I want RG3, but come on. If that's the price, you say no thanks. This isn't Andrew Luck.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    I want RG3, but come on. If that's the price, you say no thanks. This isn't Andrew Luck.
    I don't even think Andrew Luck is worth that.

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

This stuff is gonna get out of hand. Real quick. Cue the Cleveland media that are slobbering over themselves for RG3 to be willing to give up all picks over the next two years.

As someone not totally sold on going with another new QB just for the sake of getting another QB, I would consider #4 and #22 if H&H really believe RG3 takes this team to the next level STAT. However, anything else is ridiculous. Washington can have him, this team has way too many holes to give up 5-6 picks over the next two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

Probably got on 2K and put in work.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Gymbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,928 Times in 905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    I highly doubt that is true, especially at this point in the process. However, I have said all along that if Washington wants RG3, they will get RG3. Their owner has shown he gets what he wants no matter what the cost is.
    Except for wins.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Binkster For This Useful Post: