Page 11 of 257 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 3845
  1. #151
    All Star howler1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,226
    Thanks
    3,067
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    if griffin is gone, and clairborne is gone, it makes it really damn easy to trade the pick to anyone that wants kahil which would be about 20 teams in the league. or the browns could take kahil and make him a RT (which im 50/50 on).

    there are 4 top players in this draft between luck, griffin, kahil, claiborne. i think its VERY important for everyone to keep in mind even if someone jumps up to 2 or 3 to select griffin the browns will still end up with a very good player. its one of the prime reasons i dont think the browns should offer up anything more than a mid round pick to the rams or vikings to move up. because ultimately the vikings nor rams really want a lose out on a top 4 player, and the browns know they really dont have to move up to select griffin. so i really think the draft goes something like the following. the colts take luck, the rams take kahil, the browns trade up to 3 for a 3rd round pick and take griffin, and the vikings take claiborne. everyone ends up happy, and the browns dont sacrifice a high draft pick
    I'm about 80% sure Kalil won't be available at 4. Minnesota has a huge hole at LT as well, so I don't think they'd pass on him if he dropped to their lap at 3.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Catch the wave Yanni Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,923
    Thanks
    4,124
    Thanked 8,759 Times in 3,475 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    if griffin is gone, and clairborne is gone, it makes it really damn easy to trade the pick to anyone that wants kahil which would be about 20 teams in the league. or the browns could take kahil and make him a RT (which im 50/50 on).

    there are 4 top players in this draft between luck, griffin, kahil, claiborne. i think its VERY important for everyone to keep in mind even if someone jumps up to 2 or 3 to select griffin the browns will still end up with a very good player. its one of the prime reasons i dont think the browns should offer up anything more than a mid round pick to the rams or vikings to move up. because ultimately the vikings nor rams really want a lose out on a top 4 player, and the browns know they really dont have to move up to select griffin. so i really think the draft goes something like the following. the colts take luck, the rams take kahil, the browns trade up to 3 for a 3rd round pick and take griffin, and the vikings take claiborne. everyone ends up happy, and the browns dont sacrifice a high draft pick
    No no no no no God no. I can't think of a single scenario I would hate more than this. Except maybe swapping picks with the Giants for nothing.
    Ass pennies

  4. #153
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,133
    Thanks
    5,354
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 713 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    if griffin is gone, and clairborne is gone, it makes it really damn easy to trade the pick to anyone that wants kahil which would be about 20 teams in the league. or the browns could take kahil and make him a RT (which im 50/50 on).

    there are 4 top players in this draft between luck, griffin, kahil, claiborne. i think its VERY important for everyone to keep in mind even if someone jumps up to 2 or 3 to select griffin the browns will still end up with a very good player. its one of the prime reasons i dont think the browns should offer up anything more than a mid round pick to the rams or vikings to move up. because ultimately the vikings nor rams really want a lose out on a top 4 player, and the browns know they really dont have to move up to select griffin. so i really think the draft goes something like the following. the colts take luck, the rams take kahil, the browns trade up to 3 for a 3rd round pick and take griffin, and the vikings take claiborne. everyone ends up happy, and the browns dont sacrifice a high draft pick
    You should include Richardson in the Very Good players list. Even if you are strategically opposed to selecting a RB in the top 10, there is no doubt that Richardson is a rare athlete for the position.

    I disagree that there are 4 "top" players in this draft. There are only three: Luck, RGIII and Kalil would all be #1 prospects in different draft classes. As a result, the most likely scenario sees those three off the board in the first three picks. We could trade out of #4 if we get a good enough offer, but someone here pointed out that the #4 pick brings value, and we always have the option to trade. That simply isn't true. If no one is willing to offer fair market value for the pick, then it would be dumb to trade the pick. We should thus pick the best player who helps our team now, and in my mind, that would be Richardson.

    Claiborne is another very good option, and not one I would be sad about, but considering that the one area the Browns excelled in last year was pass coverage, I don't think Claiborne would help all that much. Keep in mind, no matter how good your secondary is, you'll never render opposing offenses to 0 completions. Nor will you render their TD:Int ratio to 0:1. Statistically, there is only so much more we can improve our coverage, and I don't think Claiborne would do as much to help our defense as Richardson would do to help our offense. Hell, it's possible that a lesser prospect like Coples could do more for our defense than a guy like Claiborne, because our pass rush and run blocking really do need some help.

    Of course, Coples at 4 might be a bit of a stretch, which is again why #4 isn't ideal for the Browns in this draft.

    Let's go ahead and assume that St. Louis will be trading the #2 pick to the highest bidder. I think this is a very safe assumption to make. They have made it clear they want to move the pick, they are willing to trade down, and there is no doubt that RGIII will be able to bring back more than fair value for #2 overall. St. Louis has many holes on their team, and QB isn't one of them, so adding picks is far more necessary for them than taking yet another LT, even one as good as Kalil.

    We either part with both of our 1sts and probably a kicker like our 4th, or we stay pat and select from the guys available at the positions we are slotted to pick from.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MalTalm For This Useful Post:


  6. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    2,960
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 483 Times in 275 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Daryl Ruiter ‏ @RuiterWrongFAN
    From @AdamtheBullFAN's TL: Team sources tell NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin 'Skins ready 2 offer Rams top 3 2012 picks + 2013 1st rounder
    Good grief

  7. #155
    Rising Star Binkster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    2,362
    Thanked 2,928 Times in 905 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjmac0815 View Post
    Good grief
    1. How would a local news station in Philadelphia have the inside scoop on a trade between Washington and St. Louis?

    2. That is an extreme, extreme amount of value to surrender for a team to move up 4 spots.

    I don't buy that garbage, but then again, Washington's ass-backwards franchise never ceases to amaze me.

  8. #156
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,133
    Thanks
    5,354
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 713 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjmac0815 View Post
    Good grief
    Looking at the point chart, our two firsts and a 4th this year and our second next beats that.

    Just sayin.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  9. #157
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 404 Times in 195 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Wow if they offer all that then I think they can have him. I'll do the two first rounders and a later pick to move up to 2 but thats about all I would consider acceptable.

  10. #158
    Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chardon, OH
    Posts
    5,654
    Thanks
    3,499
    Thanked 5,498 Times in 1,910 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    .

  11. #159
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,690
    Thanks
    3,571
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 5,378 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    It was on the internets.

    It is fact.

  12. #160
    BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    It was on the internets.

    It is fact.
    I agree with you. But knowing the Redskins, I wouldn't be shocked if they offer even more than that.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavlovic3Ball For This Useful Post:


  14. #161
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,205
    Thanks
    1,657
    Thanked 4,053 Times in 1,580 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    I highly doubt that is true, especially at this point in the process. However, I have said all along that if Washington wants RG3, they will get RG3. Their owner has shown he gets what he wants no matter what the cost is.

  15. #162
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,982
    Thanks
    6,682
    Thanked 8,049 Times in 3,424 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    I want RG3, but come on. If that's the price, you say no thanks. This isn't Andrew Luck.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:


  17. #163
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,098
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 301 Times in 155 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    I want RG3, but come on. If that's the price, you say no thanks. This isn't Andrew Luck.
    I don't even think Andrew Luck is worth that.

  18. #164
    Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stow, OH
    Posts
    2,944
    Thanks
    2,479
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    This stuff is gonna get out of hand. Real quick. Cue the Cleveland media that are slobbering over themselves for RG3 to be willing to give up all picks over the next two years.

    As someone not totally sold on going with another new QB just for the sake of getting another QB, I would consider #4 and #22 if H&H really believe RG3 takes this team to the next level STAT. However, anything else is ridiculous. Washington can have him, this team has way too many holes to give up 5-6 picks over the next two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

    Probably got on 2K and put in work.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Gymbo For This Useful Post:


  20. #165
    Rising Star Binkster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    2,362
    Thanked 2,928 Times in 905 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    I highly doubt that is true, especially at this point in the process. However, I have said all along that if Washington wants RG3, they will get RG3. Their owner has shown he gets what he wants no matter what the cost is.
    Except for wins.

  21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Binkster For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •