Page 147 of 257 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3845
    Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,561 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Why is it good?

There's nothing good about getting a low ceiling prospect anywhere in the first three rounds.

I haven't nearly been impressed with McCoy, but he's 3-4 years younger than the guy you're drafting and that's just flat dumb.
    We differ in our opinions of what Weeden can do. I don't see him as a low ceiling guy, that's Kirk Cousins. I see Weeden's ceiling as an above average starter. If he has that potential then he's worth the cost of mid round picks IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,570 Times in 5,396 Posts

What should lead me to believe this is his ceiling?

He's not getting any bigger, his arm isn't getting any stronger. He has zero experience in anything close to a pro style route tree or offense.

He quit baseball because of an injury to HIS THROWING ARM.

He's the definition of low ceiling.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,855 Times in 2,072 Posts

Good, I hope everyone blows their load on these weak QBs in the 1st round. More to pick from at 22 and 37.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks
    Thanked 30,625 Times in 9,761 Posts

Wait...why would you get a 27 year old QB that maxes out at above average when pretty much every year at least two above average QB's come out that are 21 or 22?

I don't get it.
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    Wait...why would you get a 27 year old QB that maxes out at above average when pretty much every year at least two above average QB's come out that are 21 or 22?

I don't get it.

I don't get it either...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,724 Times in 815 Posts

As far as a QB goes i am all for a later round draft pick. I think drafting Weeden goes against the philosophy of getting younger through the draft and free agency. Just out of curiosity it seems like Nick Foles has fallen out of discussions. Anything been said about him as far as work outs go?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WellYouNeednt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,914 Times in 2,511 Posts

We would be the only team in the NFL to figure out how to get older through the draft...

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SuperSurge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WellYouNeednt View Post
    As far as a QB goes i am all for a later round draft pick. I think drafting Weeden goes against the philosophy of getting younger through the draft and free agency. Just out of curiosity it seems like Nick Foles has fallen out of discussions. Anything been said about him as far as work outs go?
    And i get the idea of taking a risk on a guy late. But at this point, I see anything other than a sure-thing QB taken with a Browns first round pick to be completely illogical. You get the QB that's ready to start by his second year and you get him once you have a decent offensive line. As for the weapons...the QB makes the weapons. If you get a good QB, all of the sudden Little is a #2 WR going for 1,000 per year, Norwood is a good player, MoMass isn't so disappointing and even Robo might still be around.

The Browns have a decent o-line. They are ready to draft a QB. However, if there's not a guy who is a sure-thing and needs three years before he can start, you're crumbling your rebuild.

Keep stocking up on offensive weapons, fortify the line and take the QB next year. There will end up being at least three legit prospects that will rise to prominence by the end of the NCAA season.

Don't waste a pick on Tannehil or Weeden who both have such obvious questions about them that it's not even worth considering them above talented skill players.

If the Browns take either of those guys, then the rest of the draft better be error free.
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,457 Times in 2,751 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post

I don't get it.
    29. Our starting rookie QB would be 29. lol

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,561 Times in 1,924 Posts

92.3 a few minutes ago tweeted that the browns traded 4 for 6 and 2 2nds.

There is no Browns/Rams trade as someone is trying to play an early April Fools' joke using our Twitter account.

Btw- anyone know how to easily send tweets to rcf using an iPad?
    Last edited by Phills14; 03-31-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    29. Our starting rookie QB would be 29. lol
    Right. Boy, how great would it be to get 7 years out of your recently drafted starting QB? The alternative would, of course, be that you get 15-16 years out of him. But who the hell wants that out of their first round pick?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,598 Times in 4,027 Posts

Stop discussing QB's...we got our man. Colt = Pro Bowl. Book it!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,914 Times in 2,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Colt = Pro Bowl. Book it!

Oooohhhhhh!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,610 Times in 208 Posts

Here are some more updates for you guys via the OBR:

QB Brandon Weeden is on the radar of the Browns, but to what degree is the question.

Weeden has been rumored to the Browns anywhere from a pick from a trade down to the third round.

TheOBR has been told the Browns would consider Weeden with the 37th overall selection in the draft.

The vast majority of scouts and those personnel type evaluators for major media came away from QB Ryan Tannehill's pro-day workout as impressed.

Tannehill display very good athleticism, arm strength, touch and accuracy.

The Browns are interested.

TheOBR has learned the Miami Dolphins discussed a variety of topics with Tannehill and are believed to be angling to secure the services of the QB.

TheOBR has learned the Cleveland Browns, as reported here previously, do not have Ryan Tannehill at the top of the draft board and are leaning against selecting the QB with the 4th overall selection in the draft.

TheOBR has learned the Browns have RB Trent Richardson as one of the top two players (excluding Luck and Griffin III) on their draft board.

The Browns came away seriously impressed with the attitude, demeanor, strength quickness and speed of the RB.

Once considered not a player the organization would seriously consider (due to the lack of value of a RB early) has now have a much greater appreciation of the RB and Richardson is under serious consideration.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GonzoRatso88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

In survey of nine teams, eight call Osweiler a fourth-round prospect

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 31, 2012, 9:25 AM EDT

AP
    After Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler worked out for scouts on Friday, we passed along the opinion of longtime NFL personnel man Gil Brandt, who said Osweiler now looks like a first-round draft pick.

Another longtime personnel man, Charley Casserly, strongly disagrees — and says that almost every team he has talked to views Osweiler as a fourth-round prospect.

Asked on NFL Network about Brandt’s first-round assessment, Casserly seemed taken aback by it.

“I’m not sure what that means, to be honest with you,” Casserly said of Brandt’s first-round projection. “I haven’t studied this guy yet but I interviewed nine teams about him. Eight of them had him rated in the fourth round. The workout doesn’t change the rating on the tape. The other team had him rated in the second. Issues about the guy concerning decision making, accuracy, takes too many sacks, questionable instincts. All of those things, to me, are things you see on tape, not in the workout. I’m going to take what those teams said and stick with that.”

NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi agreed with that, noting that Osweiler was only a one-year starter at Arizona State. Lombardi took issue with Brandt’s assessment as well.

“I don’t think you could ever, possibly, consider him a first-round talent,” Lombardi said.

Osweiler surprised a lot of people by entering the NFL draft this year, and the chances of him going in the first round seem remote. Then again, Osweiler has the physical tools (he’s 6-foot-7 and a good enough athlete that he accepted a basketball scholarship to Gonzaga before deciding he’d rather play football), and all it takes is one team to fall in love with him for him to go in the first round.

Most of the time we have a pretty good idea before the draft who the first-round quarterbacks are, but sometimes there are first-round surprises like Jason Campbell, J.P. Losman and Patrick Ramsey. Osweiler going in the first round would be as big a surprise as any of them.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ound-prospect/

Don't really like Lombardi or Casserly, but there's the other side of the coin.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto