Page 164 of 257 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3845
  1. #2446
    Rising Star Sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    603
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 661 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Just looking at a three year span of WR, RB, CB that should put most of these guys in the 27-30 age range, and only including first rounders.
    2005
    1 2 Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown† RB Auburn SEC
    1 3 Cleveland Browns Braylon Edwards† WR Michigan Big Ten
    1 4 Chicago Bears Cedric Benson RB Texas Big 12
    1 5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Carnell "Cadillac" Williams RB Auburn SEC
    1 6 Tennessee Titans Adam "Pac-Man" Jones CB West Virginia Big East
    1 7 Minnesota Vikings Troy Williamson WR South Carolina SEC from Oakland
    1 8 Arizona Cardinals Antrel Rolle† CB Miami (FL) ACC
    1 9 Washington Redskins Carlos Rogers† CB Auburn SEC
    1 10 Detroit Lions Mike Williams WR USC
    1 21 Jacksonville Jaguars Matt Jones WR Arkansas SEC
    1 22 Baltimore Ravens Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma Big 12
    1 23 Oakland Raiders Fabian Washington CB Nebraska Big 12
    1 27 Atlanta Falcons Roddy White† WR UAB C-USA
    1 29 Indianapolis Colts Marlin Jackson CB Michigan

    2006
    1 2 New Orleans Saints Reggie Bush RB USC
    1 15 St. Louis Rams Tye Hill CB Clemson
    1 19 San Diego Chargers Antonio Cromartie† CB Florida State
    1 21 New England Patriots Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
    1 24 Cincinnati Bengals Johnathan Joseph† CB South Carolina SEC
    1 25 Pittsburgh Steelers Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
    1 27 Carolina Panthers DeAngelo Williams† RB Memphis
    1 30 Indianapolis Colts Joseph Addai† RB LSU
    1 31 Seattle Seahawks Kelly Jennings CB Miami (FL)

    2007
    1 2 Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson† WR Georgia Tech
    1 7 Minnesota Vikings Adrian Peterson† RB Oklahoma
    1 9 Miami Dolphins Ted Ginn, Jr. WR Ohio State
    1 12 Buffalo Bills Marshawn Lynch† RB California
    1 14 New York Jets Darrelle Revis† CB Pittsburgh
    1 18 Cincinnati Bengals Leon Hall CB Michigan
    1 20 New York Giants Aaron Ross CB Texas
    1 23 Kansas City Chiefs Dwayne Bowe† WR LSU
    1 27 New Orleans Saints Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
    1 30 San Diego Chargers Craig "Buster" Davis WR LSU
    1 32 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State

    Just glancing over it; The WR's you either got something good or you blow a pick. The Rb's are about done for the most part but most all seem to have been good for a time. The corners all seem like they're at least decent players.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:


  3. #2447
    Redeux FiveThous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 570 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    you could have just listed every WR the Browns drafted to illustrate boom or bust
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

  4. #2448
    Rising Star Sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    603
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 661 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Would've been awfully short on the "boom".
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

  5. #2449
    What's your Damage? tedginnjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,135
    Thanks
    2,133
    Thanked 2,111 Times in 617 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by B Mac View Post
    If you want to compare him to Peterson then go ahead. Im not convinced that Peterson will ever come back to close to the same guy after the most recent injury. AP has been fun to watch but how many games did he win the Vikings last year?
    Haden may be ranked the 3rd best corner in the NFL, but how many games did that win us last year? I guess corner isn't an important position. Joe Thomas the best LT in the game? Guess that's not an important position either.

    Wait, those are considered two of the most important positions on the field? And the Browns still sucked? What happened to my stupid conclusion?
    Last edited by tedginnjr; 04-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to tedginnjr For This Useful Post:


  7. #2450
    Bania'd RappSoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,292
    Thanks
    3,572
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 1,824 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Draft Tek put together a mock that I really like...

    4: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    22: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
    37: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
    67: Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M
    100: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
    118: Josh Kaddu, OLB, Oregon
    139: Lucas Nix, OG, Pittsburgh
    160: Matt Daniels, SS, Duke
    204: Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
    205: James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma
    211: Brett Roy, DT, Nevada
    245: Jamie Blatnick, DE, Oklahoma
    247: B.J. Cunningham, RB, Michigan St.

    I'm particularly happy with the first two rounds. After that, I see them pinning us to get depth and try to fill some holes. I doubt we pick all 13 times, so the last few rounds are completely up in the air IMO. Still, the offensive picks in the first two rounds are very good for me. I also like Nick Toon.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post:


  9. #2451
    Tonight's the night. B Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    4,234
    Thanks
    1,015
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 463 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tedginnjr View Post
    Haden may be ranked the 3rd best corner in the NFL, but how many games did that win us last year? I guess corner isn't an important position. Joe Thomas the best LT in the game? Guess that's not an important position either.

    Wait, those are considered two of the most important positions on the field? And the Browns still sucked? What happened to my stupid conclusion?
    Sure that's great and all, but it's hard to help a team win when you're not even able to play.
    ZZZ

  10. #2452
    What's your Damage? tedginnjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,135
    Thanks
    2,133
    Thanked 2,111 Times in 617 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by B Mac View Post
    Sure that's great and all, but it's hard to help a team win when you're not even able to play.
    To be clear, he's played 14, 16, 16, 15, and 12 games in the first 5 years of his career. And all indications are he should be ready to play week 1 of the coming season.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ons-first-run/

    Are you sure we're talking about the same player?

  11. #2453
    Veteran Saor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio/Scotland
    Posts
    7,460
    Thanks
    2,917
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 2,503 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    So what is everyone's WTF moment this year? In 2010 we took TJ Ward in the second round. You can make an argument trading up for Hardesty was also shocking. Last year taking Marecic was a similar move. What will it be this year?

  12. #2454
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    3,758
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    So what is everyone's WTF moment this year? In 2010 we took TJ Ward in the second round. You can make an argument trading up for Hardesty was also shocking. Last year taking Marecic was a similar move. What will it be this year?
    Drafting Tannehill at 4

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:


  14. #2455
    Ohdang Helicopter Race Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - London Champion Ohdang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    928
    Thanks
    296
    Thanked 668 Times in 274 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Drafting Tannehill at 4
    I wish I could unthank you.
    "All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ohdang For This Useful Post:


  16. #2456
    Team Player The Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    6,820
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 501 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    One player to keep an eye on is Louisiana-Lafayette tight end Ladarius Green. He is one of the players the Browns have invited for a pre-draft visit, so there is interest on our part.

    He is undersized for a TE (6'6", 238 pounds), but this article speculates the Browns are considering him as a WR. He has decent speed (4.53 in the 40), and would probably get faster if he dropped some of the weight he added to play tight end. He was a wide receiver in high school, so he has the experience at the position.

    He is a great pass catcher. In his junior year he caught 44 passes for 794 yards and 7 TD. In his senior year he missed two games but caught 51 passes for 606 yards and 8 TD. He isn't much of a blocking tight end, so that has some speculating a position change for him in the NFL.

    For more info, here is the breakdown on him from Scouts, Inc.:

    Scores are on a scale of 1 (exceptional) to 5 (marginal)
    Separation Skills 3
    "Undersized even for an H-back and will need to be flexed out wide for the most part. Lacks explosive initial burst off the line. Needs to get stronger and improve his array of moves versus press. Also needs to be more precise with routes. Lacks ideal suddenness in and out of breaks. But he's a fluid, smooth athlete with massive frame to naturally separate. Shows some craftiness when setting up defenders with double moves. Is a physical route runner. Does a nice job of using his frame to shield defender from the ball."

    Ball Skills 1
    Is long and has a huge catching radius. Is a confident pass catcher with strong hands. Attacks the ball away from his frame. Can pluck on the run. Shows above average body control to adjust.

    Big Play Ability 2
    Does not explode off the line but chews up real estate quickly and can stretch the seam. Lacks elite top end speed but is fast enough to establish positioning on seam routes and has the length to win more than his share of jump balls. Is quicker and more dangerous after the catch than most TE prospects. Stops and starts quickly. Frequently shows the ability to make the first defender miss. Also shows surprisingly good vision to set up blocks and make open-field cuts. More capable with the ball in his hands than most TEs in this class.

    Competitiveness 2
    Effort is good in all aspects of the game. By no means does he play with a mean streak. But he doesn't shy away from contact and he gives a decent effort as a blocker. Not afraid to work the middle and has proven capable of securing the ball while taking a big hit. Could be more physical and aggressive after the catch (although shoulder injuries in 2011 could explain multiple times where he opts to step out of bounds rather than lower his shoulder).
    He is currently projected to go in the third round, so he is a potential Day 2 pick for us.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Hill For This Useful Post:


  18. #2457
    Sports Archaeologist Scholar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,959
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 934 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Richfield 4ever View Post
    He is undersized for a TE (6'6", 238 pounds), but this article speculates the Browns are considering him as a WR. He has decent speed (4.53 in the 40), and would probably get faster if he dropped some of the weight he added to play tight end. He was a wide receiver in high school, so he has the experience at the position.
    The article gives his 40 time as 4.47 with a link to the NFL combine page. Combine that with his height, and the likelihood of improving that time with dropping some weight, and you have a very interesting prospect at WR. Definitely would be a nice big target.

  19. #2458
    Team Player The Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    6,820
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 501 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scholar23 View Post
    The article gives his 40 time as 4.47 with a link to the NFL combine page. Combine that with his height, and the likelihood of improving that time with dropping some weight, and you have a very interesting prospect at WR. Definitely would be a nice big target.
    Interesting. I looked at other sites that had him listed at 4.53, so I thought the article I linked was wrong. If the NFL site has him listed at 4.47, I'd go with that. That makes him even more intriguing.

  20. #2459
    Sports Archaeologist Scholar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,959
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 934 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Richfield 4ever View Post
    Interesting. I looked at other sites that had him listed at 4.53, so I thought the article I linked was wrong. If the NFL site has him listed at 4.47, I'd go with that. That makes him even more intriguing.
    Here is the link that was in the article.

    http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/253...adarius-green/

  21. #2460
    Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, OH
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 841 Times in 369 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Richfield 4ever View Post
    One player to keep an eye on is Louisiana-Lafayette tight end Ladarius Green. He is one of the players the Browns have invited for a pre-draft visit, so there is interest on our part.

    He is undersized for a TE (6'6", 238 pounds), but this article speculates the Browns are considering him as a WR. He has decent speed (4.53 in the 40), and would probably get faster if he dropped some of the weight he added to play tight end. He was a wide receiver in high school, so he has the experience at the position.

    He is a great pass catcher. In his junior year he caught 44 passes for 794 yards and 7 TD. In his senior year he missed two games but caught 51 passes for 606 yards and 8 TD. He isn't much of a blocking tight end, so that has some speculating a position change for him in the NFL.

    For more info, here is the breakdown on him from Scouts, Inc.:



    He is currently projected to go in the third round, so he is a potential Day 2 pick for us.
    He sounds like a faster Evan Moore to me. Which is completely fine, since Evan is a monster and is my favorite player. It wouldn't hurt to have two of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •