Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Team Player $ Donator Believeland-OH's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Dwight Howard Saga

Follow up from a more trusted source:

Sam Amick: I repeat: Don't expect Dwight Howard-obsessed Warriors owner Joe Lacob to help Orlando keep Dwight Howard in any way. That is all. Twitter

Thanks

That is awfully detailed for "ongoing" conversations. Also, I can't remember the last time RealGM broke news rather than reported several hours later.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 962 Posts

That trade looks worse for the Magic than what they actually have and are giving up. Dwight is gone.

Thanks

JJ Redick is actually a guy I would be very interested for the Cavaliers to try and acquire. He's come a long way over the last 4-5 years and he's turned into a really good role player and I think he has the skill set that would fit in quite nicely with Irving and the rest of the team.

Plus his contract is very reasonable at 6 million a year with the last year fully unguaranteed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CBBI For This Useful Post:

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBBI View Post
    JJ Redick is actually a guy I would be very interested for the Cavaliers to try and acquire. He's come a long way over the last 4-5 years and he's turned into a really good role player and I think he has the skill set that would fit in quite nicely with Irving and the rest of the team.

Plus his contract is very reasonable at 6 million a year with the last year fully unguaranteed.
    Agreed. I would love him as a backup SG.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    No.

It'd be unstoppable. Easily win the West every year it was together.
    lol no

despite otis' shortcomings he did get one thing right - you surround dwight with shooters, period. westbrook can't shoot. at all. if he were willing to go to okc, trading harden instead of westbrook is so so so unspeakably bad

plus the ninja turtle has a massive ego and is often under the impression that he is the #1 option rather than durant. put him at #3 behind both dwight and durant and expect it to satisfy everyone? good luck.

lmao @ that supposed orlando trade tho. that'd be a good way to absolutely ensure that dwight leaves. might as well take this opportunity to bash monta ellis too because a) he sucks and b) he is one of my favorite whipping boys.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 786 Posts

Don't think he would go to the Heat, because that is just a joke. That is already collusion and frontrunning to the ultimate degree. If so they would amnesty Wade or James though because you couldn't ask for a better stretch 4 than Bosh. It's totally stupid though. Howard is a child.

Don't get the GS trade either. If the Magic can trade Turk I will be amazed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

If Dwight Howard goes to Miami I quit. I just fucking quit. They will find a way just you fucking watch to get Howard without giving up Bosh/LeBron/Wade.

Haslem + Miller + Chalmers+ Anthony is enough salary wise to get it done I believe, if not then add in Jones. Salary wise like I said it is enough to get it done, but would Orlando except it? I know they wouldn't want to, but it would help them stay competetive next year. That is four potential starters, much better than we got for LeBron (useless TPE, useless picks).

Edit: Can you imagine that line up?

Cole
    Wade
    LeBron
    Bosh
    Howard

4 fucking all stars, three of the top 5 players in the NBA, 3 all NBA team defenders. BS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 669 Posts

I would somewhat welcome the Howard to Heat trade, because it would solidify James legend as someone who could never do win by himself. And Howard would just be a joke, which he basically already is at this point.

No idea why Magic would think bringing in Monta Ellis would keep Dwight in Orlando.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 Times in 974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    That is four potential starters, much better than we got for LeBron (useless TPE, useless picks).
    It isn't.

I know they wouldn't want to, but it would help them stay competetive next year.
    It wouldn't.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ButterMPancakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoDelonte View Post
    I would somewhat welcome the Howard to Heat trade, because it would solidify James legend as someone who could never do win by himself. And Howard would just be a joke, which he basically already is at this point.

No idea why Magic would think bringing in Monta Ellis would keep Dwight in Orlando.
    I wouldn't welcome any trade that pretty much guaranteed LBJ would get 5+ titles.

They are dumb, delusional, and desperate. Not a good combination.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,321 Times in 2,876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    lol no

despite otis' shortcomings he did get one thing right - you surround dwight with shooters, period. westbrook can't shoot. at all. if he were willing to go to okc, trading harden instead of westbrook is so so so unspeakably bad

plus the ninja turtle has a massive ego and is often under the impression that he is the #1 option rather than durant. put him at #3 behind both dwight and durant and expect it to satisfy everyone? good luck.

lmao @ that supposed orlando trade tho. that'd be a good way to absolutely ensure that dwight leaves. might as well take this opportunity to bash monta ellis too because a) he sucks and b) he is one of my favorite whipping boys.
    They'd be better keeping Harden assuming Harden turns into a star (looks good so far).

Westbrook/Durant/Howard is still monstrous. Gonna have to agree to disagree here because I'm not budging. Westbrook gets way too much hate.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ButterMPancakes View Post
    It isn't.

It wouldn't.
    Haslem and Miller are much better than we got for LeBron, and Chalmers is a decent point guard who is still young. I'm no saying it is the greatest possible trade that Orlando could make, but if Dwight says trade me to Miami or get nothing then the Magic would be foolish not to try.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Haslem and Miller are much better than we got for LeBron, and Chalmers is a decent point guard who is still young. I'm no saying it is the greatest possible trade that Orlando could make, but if Dwight says trade me to Miami or get nothing then the Magic would be foolish not to try.
    If that was the best offer they could get, the Magic would just roll the dice and pray Howard doesn't want to pass up the extra money he would get by re-signing with the Magic. No way the Magic would ever make that trade.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    They'd be better keeping Harden assuming Harden turns into a star (looks good so far).

Westbrook/Durant/Howard is still monstrous. Gonna have to agree to disagree here because I'm not budging. Westbrook gets way too much hate.
    Keep in mind that saying he's a poor fit isn't necessarily saying he's a bad player. The team would be good but not ideal and Harden is much closer to that. Westbrook is basically the PG version of Josh Smith. That is not a good thing when talking about playing with Dwight Howard.

I really wish Dwight weren't such a douche. If winning were his #1 priority, seeing a line-up featuring Harden, Durant, Anderson, and Howard would be possible, even likely. That would be the best team in the league.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post: