Page 41 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,576 Times in 1,682 Posts

Default Re: Cavs Trade Deadline (discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by udilicious42584 View Post
    Trade deadlines are awkward without Brian Windhorst in Cleveland. Kind of weird that whether true or not, Sam Amico is the only one that seems to have any nuggets of behind the scenes Cavs info. Reed, Lloyd and Finnan might know some stuff, but they certainly don't get a particular fanbase (us) excited about the trade deadline/Cavs like Windy did. It's hard to explain, but Windhorst made me feel like I was a privileged reader that got inside access to all things Cavs. Our beat writers now don't do anything close to that level. They make me feel like a casual fan.
    Our current beat writers have just learned we traded Mo for Baron and an unprotected pick.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MattyFos. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Whether we make the playoffs this year or not (even next year for that matter) Byron's job is 100% safe. He has Dan's trust. I'm almost positive Byron's seat is ice cold... We have a smart front office.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

It seems that people are looking at the potential trade for a lottery pick as justification for it being okay for the Cavs to make the playoffs, yet they admit that, if we don't make that trade, a further tanking or at least retaining a lottery pick would be more beneficial than making the playoffs. Regardless of whether or not the Cavs get a lottery pick via trade, it does not change the value of tanking vs. making the playoffs because the benefits of both are independent from that trade and equally benefit both situations.

If A > B, then A + C > B + C.

Now let's define A, B, and C.

A = Our own pick being a lottery pick (6-9 range)
    B = making the playoffs and getting the 15th pick
    C = Second lottery pick

If our own pick being a lottery pick (6-9 range) is more beneficial than making the playoffs and getting the 15th pick, then our own pick being a lottery pick (6-9 range) plus a second lottery pick is more beneficial than making the playoffs and getting the 15th pick plus a lottery pick.

This building a winning culture is good and all, but it can be easily done at a later time. OKC sat at the bottom of the league for three seasons, and I don't see them struggling over the losses they accumulated over three seasons. They sat at the bottom of the league, and they got arguably the best SF and player in the game, a 2nd team all-NBA PG, and a 6th-man-of-the-year who is all-star worthy. Yes, the lottery is all about chances, but, as someone posted earlier, it's proven that, the higher you draft, the higher your chances are of landing an all-star.

This team blew its draft choices and surrounded LeBron with some pretty piss-poor players while trying to "get creative" as some people put it. I blame LeBron for quitting against Boston and possibly even against Orlando, yes. But I also blame Mike Brown, Ferry, and Gilbert for letting LeBron get out of control, allowing him to run iso plays, and constant FO blunders. Despite all of this, even if we did win, a lot of our team was too old to be around for much longer. That team as it was in the 2009-2010 season was a 1-and-done championship team at best. Yes, OKC has not won a championship yet, but, in two years of being out of the high lottery, they have ascended to being a championship contender by sitting on their hands and losing. I honestly hope that they do win this year so that people can shut up and I can legitimately use them as a model. I mean, what team ascends out of the high lottery without making any big trades or free agent signings and wins a championship in three years let alone ascend to the top in two? The craziest part is that their best 4 players are all 23 and 22! That's sick! OKC is set up to possibly become a dynasty because their core is set in place and only going to get better. They just have to sit back and fill in the holes. The things' they're worrying about now are things like a back-up point guard. We're still trading things like that away because we don't have any position other than the 1 set in stone. Point being, we need a LOT more talent on this team if we're going to win it all, and the draft will allow us to get a young core that can stick together like OKC should be able to for the next 10-15 years. I'm not asking Kyrie or Scott to throw games, but management should make moves, even if it means making moves to purposely try to get a better draft pick, in order to set this team up for the best chances of winning not one, but a whole slew of championships. I'm talking wucking dynasty!

P.S. Sorry, wuck, for using your name in vain recently, but, hey, it's either you or God, buddy, and I ain't about to get struck by no lightnin'.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,542 Times in 4,825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    II'm not asking Kyrie or Scott to throw games, but management should make moves, even if it means making moves to purposely try to get a better draft pick, in order to set this team up for the best chances of winning not one, but a whole slew of championships. I'm talking wucking dynasty!
    at this point, i will overjoyed with one wucking championship in my lifetime.

no matter what happens in the next couple days, the cavs are still in excellent position. far better position than i could have imagined they would be 18 months ago. i'm not going to too hung up on this particular trade deadline, although i agree that what they do from now through the off-season is all significant. they have yet to make a really bonehead move (e.g. .drafting the new luke jackson), so i'm going to trust them as much as possible until they mess up. if they can make some good things happen this week, i'll feel even better about the whole thing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Guitarlifter: This building a winning culture is good and all, but it can be easily done at a later time. OKC sat at the bottom of the league for three seasons, and I don't see them struggling over the losses they accumulated over three seasons. They sat at the bottom of the league, and they got arguably the best SF and player in the game, a 2nd team all-NBA PG, and a 6th-man-of-the-year who is all-star worthy. Yes, the lottery is all about chances, but, as someone posted earlier, it's proven that, the higher you draft, the higher your chances are of landing an all-star.

Yes, Yes, Yes. If we don't make moves before the deadline and end up making the playoffs with Jamison and Sessions (15th pick) I will have officially lost my hope in the Cavaliers approach. They can't be this dumb can they? I don't buy it. I think something is definitely brewing, hence silence. I just wish Dwight Howard would pull his head out of his anal cavity.

Takin' RCF to Poundtown 9 Ball Pool Challenge Champion BABUCO PONG 2 Champion Hidden 100 Lati Champion Boomeranger Champion SixPACK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    at this point, i will overjoyed with one wucking championship in my lifetime.

no matter what happens in the next couple days, the cavs are still in excellent position. far better position than i could have imagined they would be 18 months ago. i'm not going to too hung up on this particular trade deadline, although i agree that what they do from now through the off-season is all significant. they have yet to make a really bonehead move (e.g. .drafting the new luke jackson), so i'm going to trust them as much as possible until they mess up. if they can make some good things happen this week, i'll feel even better about the whole thing.
    Unless they bring in some old farts to "make a good playoff run this season" or trade away that 1st, then I will be happy with what they do.

Messing up = not getting younger/staying young and/or not getting picks. Can't see them strafing from that game plan as of now.
    “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”
    ― Bill Gates

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SixPACK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,551 Times in 1,566 Posts

Per Alex Kennedy:

The Los Angeles Lakers continue to express interest in Ramon Sessions, according to multiple sources.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    Oh I know this...I'm just getting sick of people saying that "Byron isn't thinking about the future, he's trying to win too many games, blah, blah, blah, trolololol!!" His damn job description is coach with what the front office gives him and win as many games as possible, not to play to lose or play for a higher draft pick...thats how you get fired and he knows this. I just think it's ridiculous that people are actually complaining about our coach when hes taking a team made out of 5 real players, a project PF and a huge collection of petrified dog shit and has them on the edge of the playoffs a year after record breaking sucking. Dude's a god if he can get this team to the playoffs and IMO would deserve a lot of Coach of the Year votes if he does cause this team has no business, I don't care how soft the East is this year, no business making or even competing for a playoff spot, which really is testament to our coaches and the front office nailing last years draft and the Alonzo Gee signing.
    Just wanted to say thanks again. I read someone on here the other day saying something about BS being fired for some nonsense. It pains me....pains me deeply...to think of what could have been with a guy like BS coaching this team when LeChoker was here. History could have been rewritten. But I'm a forward thinker....and our future is bright.

Thanks

Everyone talking about OKC model, but OKC model won championchip? For me, SAS model is a lot better than OKC model. Having Kyrie, can actually help us that FA come to the city, because we are in good financial position, but fuck all that, i dont want to watching my team suck balls 3 years and draft lottery players, just to be contender in fourth year and suck balls in PO. At least, watching this Cavs makes me happy cause this team it's watchable, we get some respect from all over the NBA, our FO is doing good job, and Byron Scott is great coach. Talking about tanking make me sick, and there is no guarantee that after tanking we draft new Durant, new Howard, new Wade, new Kobe, fuck that, idea of tanking to get pick number 7 or 8 or 5, just pisses me off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KIrving15 View Post
    Exactly...like why did we draft TT if we want Jamison back? Obviously there is a age difference..but they wouldn't have drafted TT to just come off the bench, otherwise they would have kept Hickson.
    Hickson was going to be an RFA and we didn't want to pay him and didn't like him anyways. TT was their BPA as well. He's young and needs time to develop.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriano_leite View Post
    Everyone talking about OKC model, but OKC model won championchip? For me, SAS model is a lot better than OKC model. Having Kyrie, can actually help us that FA come to the city, because we are in good financial position, but fuck all that, i dont want to watching my team suck balls 3 years and draft lottery players, just to be contender in fourth year and suck balls in PO. At least, watching this Cavs makes me happy cause this team it's watchable, we get some respect from all over the NBA, our FO is doing good job, and Byron Scott is great coach. Talking about tanking make me sick, and there is no guarantee that after tanking we draft new Durant, new Howard, new Wade, new Kobe, fuck that, idea of tanking to get pick number 7 or 8 or 5, just pisses me off.
    If the Spurs hadn't had an anomaly of a season and magically win possibly the best power forward of all time in Tim Duncan, then they would possibly be sitting here today with four less championships than they have right now. That's not a model. That was luck. No. Actually, it was God showering his blessings down upon David Robinson for his life of faithfulness toward Him. I will admit though that the San Antonio Spurs FO is good.

i dont want to watching my team suck balls 3 years and draft lottery players, just to be contender in fourth year and suck balls in PO.
    That sentence doesn't make sense, and I'm not even talking about the grammar. "Contender in the fourth year and suck balls in PO"? Hypothetically, how would a team suck balls if they're a true contender?

And what is PO?

Btw, we got Kyrie with the 8th pick in the draft (before it won the lottery). You seem to love him. What's wrong with getting another? Also, who is this big-time free agent that we're going to sign? I'd love to sign one and be proven wrong. Don't get me wrong. It's just that I don't see Howard coming here in the offseason or anything like that. To wish that any big free agent will come here right now is fool's gold. That 8th pick is what got us Kyrie and made this team "watchable" as you put it. That means that the assets that you just dissed are the very same types of assets that have been carrying this team to playoff status.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metalman213 View Post
    i love how sam amico just leached off ken berger
    Its called a retweet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    If the Spurs hadn't had an anomaly of a season and magically win possibly the best power forward of all time in Tim Duncan, then they would possibly be sitting here today with four less championships than they have right now. That's not a model. That was luck. No. Actually, it was God showering his blessings down upon David Robinson for his life of faithfulness toward Him. I will admit though that the San Antonio Spurs FO is good.

And what is PO?
    PO-playoff, and btw. you said SAS is luck, and OKC is model. Ok so you are trying to say, that rebuilding through the draft, make us contender and wining championchip and wining now make us mediocrity? I dont think OKC won anything, and i dont think they can win this year neither, cause Chicago or Miami would beat them. God gave us Kyrie, that boy is 19 years old and already is top 10 pg in the league. I dont want to see Kyrie frustrated with this fucking team, i dont want that he feel like John Wall in Wizards. I want that boy win games, that he have great time playing basketball. I dont want that he come to the basketball court, and in his head is: ok we are tanking we will take draft pick next year. Fuck that, that is just stupid. Everyone wants to win, especially if your best player is 19 year old, you want that what Chicago made with Rose in first couple of years. Chicao didnt ask from Rose to suck balls night in night out. And yes SAS wanted to win anything what is possible to win, they didnt waiting drafts, tanking seasons, they just wanted to be better team every year. They draft smart, even now they owned this draft and sign Kawhi Leonard who became really good player, and there are fucking busts like Kanter, for God's sake, you guys wanted Kanter in this team, draft is fucking luck, draft cant be model or you will get burned. Just suck balls 1 year, take your pick, if you see that is your franchise player just build around him and that's it. Portland made the same, but they get fucked up with injuries, they were like OKC model, but everything and everyone need some luck. What if happened to Durant what happened to Oden? What than? Waiting new draft, and suck balls for 7 years, and than number 3 pick that you draft 4 years ago, walk away from the team (this is example) so you just waiting next draft, and than you must say to your best, dont worry we are waiting draft and in next 3 years we will be legit contender.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to adriano_leite For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,623 Times in 1,321 Posts

There is no model.... OKC sucked ass, got lucky that Portland took Oden, took a chance on Westbrook and now they're solid... They drafted two all star (one MVP caliber) players in back to back drafts and a fringe all star the following year in Harden...

They have a score first PG who jacks up a lot of shots (though I love him as a UCLA guy) and an MVP caliber player who has shakey ball handling ability and has never averaged more than 3 assists a season....

They've actually drafted well later on in the draft with guys like Landry, Big Baby, Ibaka and have used those to their benefit in some capacity.... So the moral of the story is to draft well.. That's not an OKC model or anyone's--that's just good practice....

Draft an MVP caliber player.... And then do it again.... THAT'S your model...

Thanks

PIP siting... Does that mean the Cavs traded for Lebron?