Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1180
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

Default Re: 2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MoFloDeepintheQ View Post
    You don't take a QB in the Top 10 in the draft just because he was "decent in college" & might end up better than what you happen to have now.. If you take a QB in the Top 10, you better be damn sure he's a stud.
    I mean, Cam Newton pretty much doubled his collegiate passing output.

There's an argument to be made about talent.

That said, I haven't seen enough talent that gets Tannehill to 4th.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,428 Times in 2,744 Posts

You don't take a QB in the Top 10 in the draft just because he was "decent in college" & might end up better than what you happen to have now.. If you take a QB in the Top 10, you better be damn sure he's a stud.
    Depends. Say for instance the Colts didn't suck as bad as they did and ended up with the 8th pick in the draft. They bring back Manning and could also draft Tannehill, have him sit for 2-3 years and learn. If Tannehill is going to be successful, it will be because he's sitting and learning for a while.

The Browns are in no position to risk high picks on projects/gambles. You take the closest thing to a sure bet as possible. Tannehill & Stephen Hill may end up as great players, but I we are in no position to take the risk.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post

Cam Newton led a team that was unranked or ranked at the bottom of the top 25 pre-season to a championship. Tannehill took a team that was top 10 and they finished unranked. He shit the bed in most of their toughest games. Pass

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RealKingofCleve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,011 Times in 3,892 Posts

I understand & agree, but his argument for taking him in the Top 10 was because "he was decent in college." Basically stating that he doesn't think the kid has a ton of talent, but still wants to take him Top 10 because "Colt sucks".. That's what I'm saying is illogical.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

......Did anyone bother to call the Browns and alert them that free agency has started or.. I'm not expecting Mario Williams here and I had pretty low expectations, but c'mon. Is there even any word that we're talking to anyone, or rumored to be interested in someone? I'll take pretty much anything I can work with at this point. I kind of feel like a jackass because I'm even still paying attention at this point. There's "not going crazy" and then there's this, ridiculous. I'm probably one of the few that's still drinking the Koolaid, and even I'm questioning the lack of moves thus far.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks
    Thanked 8,757 Times in 3,474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    ......Did anyone bother to call the Browns and alert them that free agency has started or.. I'm not expecting Mario Williams here and I had pretty low expectations, but c'mon. Is there even any word that we're talking to anyone, or rumored to be interested in someone? I'll take pretty much anything I can work with at this point. I kind of feel like a jackass because I'm even still paying attention at this point. There's "not going crazy" and then there's this, ridiculous. I'm probably one of the few that's still drinking the Koolaid, and even I'm questioning the lack of moves thus far.
    Frostee and Parker aren't enough for you?

I'm still a supporter of this regime, and I fully agree with building through the draft. However, when you have as many holes as the Browns do you should take every opportunity to add talent. I'm fine with not going after the overpriced wideouts or Mario Williams, but why didn't they make an effort to sign Grubbs or Winston? Hell I'd have taken a flyer on Flynn for that price.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

I understand & agree, but his argument for taking him in the Top 10 was because "he was decent in college." Basically stating that he doesn't think the kid has a ton of talent, but still wants to take him Top 10 because "Colt sucks".. That's what I'm saying is illogical.
    I don't think Tannehill blows as much as you do, then again...I actually watched him a few times and knew what offense he played in.

But I agree he's not a top 10 pick.

22 would be appropriate given his value.

Cam Newton didn't get drafted for what his college team did or did not do, I'm confident Ryan Tannehill won't either.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,757 Times in 3,474 Posts

I don't think Tannehill blows as much as you do, then again...I actually watched him a few times and knew what offense he played in.

But I agree he's not a top 10 pick.

22 would be appropriate given his value.

Cam Newton didn't get drafted for what his college team did or did not do, I'm confident Ryan Tannehill won't either.
    Moflo isn't the one who said he played in the spread.

I actually like Tannehill a lot and I think he has the potential to come out and be a very good, under the radar, QB. Kinda like Ben in the Eli, Rivers draft. I do agree though, we shouldn't go near him at 4. I'd consider trading up for him but probably not any higher than 16 or 17. Although if Miami passes at 8 or doesn't trade down a few spots I think he'll likely be there at 22, which I'd be fine with.

This would likely mean another year or 2 of Colt starting, but I could deal with that if I knew our future QB was being groomed. I'm not a fan of going into the season just trying the same thing over again. It's a failed experiment. Then again, if H&H don't think he can be good, I don't want them reaching just so we have a new QB on the roster.
    Last edited by Yanni Football; 03-20-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Ass pennies

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    Really makes you wonder what they think is considered going crazy. I'm just stunned they didn't go after the oline harder then what they've done, which is pretty much nothing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalu View Post
    Moflo isn't the one who said he played in the spread.

I actually like Tannehill a lot and I think he has the potential to come out and be a very good, under the radar, QB. Kinda like Ben in the Eli, Rivers draft. I do agree though, we shouldn't go near him at 4. I'd consider trading up for him but probably not any higher than 16 or 17. Although if Miami passes at 8 or doesn't trade down a few spots I think he'll likely be there at 22, which I'd be fine with.
    Totally correct, my bad MoFlo.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Practice Squad
    Thanks

I can't believe how many people want to risk a very important first round pick to draft a project QB that may or may not be good when he is finally ready to start in 3-5 years, not worth it at all. We should draft the playmakers in this draft. Give Colt one last chance to see of he has that magical third year and if not, draft a QB next year where there are way better options than Tannehille.

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 428 Posts

Knowing the source, it must be legit.

Spin Davies ‏ @AlwaysNextYear2

According to @incarceratedbob, The #Browns have offered a 5th rounder this year for Tim Tebow.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,623 Times in 1,056 Posts

Which means he's probably going to get traded to Green Bay for a 6th round pick.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

Read the AFC North Blog this morning and we are targeting Manny Lawson. I think he'd be a great addition at outside linebacker over Fujita and help the run defense greatly

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 1,909 Posts

Lawson would be a solid addition. He has a lot of talent but hasn't fully lived up to it. He's trying to work out a deal with Cincy first. If that doesn't happen I guess Cleveland is one of a few teams interested in him.