Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 Times in 2,191 Posts

Default Re: A closer look at Bradley Beal

Quote Originally Posted by amil99 View Post
    I think Beal in the NBA will be his own player sorta like Irving is. I doubt he gets to Sonic level Ray Allen's level though
    I agree. I dont think the Ray Allen comparisons are fair. I think a 2 inch shorter slightly better shooting Brandon Roy might be a better comparison. I am not sure Beal shoots 43% from 3 like Allen used too, but I think beal has a better all around game.

I do think Beal is one of the few players in this draft that has a chance to be a top 5 player at his position though.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I agree. I dont think the Ray Allen comparisons are fair. I think a 2 inch shorter slightly better shooting Brandon Roy might be a better comparison. I am not sure Beal shoots 43% from 3 like Allen used too, but I think beal has a better all around game.

I do think Beal is one of the few players in this draft that has a chance to be a top 5 player at his position though.
    Yep. Him, Davis and Drummond are the only ones imo

Thanks
    Thanked 5,281 Times in 1,598 Posts

If he is half the shooter Damon Jones was from 3, I think we would all be happy.

Damon Jones, the best spot up shooter in the world. Why did we ever let him get away?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 Times in 2,191 Posts

Yep. Him, Davis and Drummond are the only ones imo
    MKG too and maybe Barnes.

Thanks

Let's just win the lottery and draft Davis. He can be top 5 at multiple positions.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    If he is half the shooter Damon Jones was from 3, I think we would all be happy.

Damon Jones, the best spot up shooter in the world. Why did we ever let him get away?
    He couldn't dribble across half-court.

Team Player
    Thanks

MKG too and maybe Barnes.
    Not a chance for the bolded.

Even though Barnes is shitty to me if he reaches a Danny Granger type scoring ceiling and improve his handles from mediocre to decent then he has an outside shot in like 4 or 5 years to be a top 5 sf. He'll never reach Durant, Lebrick, Melo level though.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,041 Posts

Not a chance for the bolded.

Even though Barnes is shitty to me if he reaches a Danny Granger type scoring ceiling and improve his handles from mediocre to decent then he has an outside shot in like 4 or 5 years to be a top 5 sf. He'll never reach Durant, Lebrick, Melo level though.
    MKG has gone from overhyped to underrated in the span of about 4 weeks here. Its quite amazing.

If Barnes could be a top-5 SF then MKG absolutely can be a top-5 SF.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: A Closer Look at Perry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    Maybe you've gotten a better response if you had actually responded to any of the points he made instead of just saying, "he's not tall enough, he's not a freak athlete and his shooting numbers weren't good enough."

Earlier you complain about people talking about Beal at the end of the season because it was only 6 games, but then you mention Irving as an example when Irving only played 11 games, missed out on all of conference play and was luckly enough to have Coach K cater the offense to him much like Donovan did for Beal at the end of the season.
    I find it ironic that you say I didn't respond to his point (even though i gave the 3 reasons you mentioned) and his next2 responses didn't address my points in the least. Reading comprehension not so great in this thread...

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,847 Times in 2,101 Posts

Default Re: A Closer Look at Perry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by kj1 View Post
    I find it ironic that you say I didn't respond to his point (even though i gave the 3 reasons you mentioned) and his next2 responses didn't address my points in the least. Reading comprehension not so great in this thread...
    But the personal bickering is right up at the tops!! Let's talk about basketball, not each other.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 2,039 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kj1 View Post
    Since you obviously haven't read the post you responded to, I'll post it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Did you watch Florida at all play? People aren't making up things when they point out that there PG was terrible and they had issues all years with shot selection from that position. Beal was forced to play forward as Donovan was jiggering his lineups. It was in the tournament when they let him loose.
    He dealt with poor guard play all year along with playing out of position and wasn't the focal point of the offense until the beginning of the SEC tournament. Pioneer explain why he didn't blow the doors off the NCAA this year.

You said Beal is short, he's not.
    You said he doesn't have above average athleticism, he does, it's just not elite.
    You said his numbers stink, they don't.

Consider your points dealt with

13. The Following User Says Thank You to D-Wreck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,128 Times in 3,443 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    MKG has gone from overhyped to underrated in the span of about 4 weeks here. Its quite amazing.
    Welcome to RCF.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,623 Times in 2,556 Posts

I like the idea of having a second ball handler in the back court for all the reasons mentioned about having a diverse offense and options, but seriously I said all last season that Kyrie is ridiculous at playing without the ball.

It would make Kyrie more dangerous to be able to play off the ball and to be able to give the ball to another player that could do something with it. A guy that can shoot, take it to the hole, play D, and rebound, yeah I think Beal is the most sure thing for us.

MKG and Barnes seem like great prospects, more MKG, but I think Beal is just an all around player and doesn't really show and Major weaknesses like MKG and Barnes do.

The other guy that totally gives me pause is Drummond because I'm so intrigued by how his workouts are going to go. Everyone can knock his college game, but I could totally see it being impacted by the whole mess at UConn that was going on.

Someone's going to come out and blow us out of the water. Unless we get the number 1 pick, I'm not sure we're dead set on any one guy. I'm not even sure Davis is going to be the best player in this draft. He's kind of skinny and I don't know if he'll turn in to a beast.
    I got a lion in my pocket,
    And baby he's ready 2 roar.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,706 Times in 1,576 Posts

I really don't think the Ray Allen comparisons are fair because I don't think the two play anything a like... Allen is one of the best shooter to ever live and is what his game revolved around... While Beal is a very good shooter and relied on his outside shot a lot, I believe he's ultimately a more well rounded player on both ends... I really think the Eric Gordon comparisons are much better in the frame and style of play..

Beal has been one of my favorite players since his junior year in high school and he's still probably my favorite draft target... I love everything about MKG but I question his scoring ability... Getting Drummond is so tantalizing but I question whether he can reach his enormous potential... With Beal, I really don't see any questions and I think his ceiling is extremely high..

Getting Beal and pairing him with Irving would be an extremely dangerous 1-2 combo and exactly the type of pairing you can hope to get with two high lottery picks in back-to-back years... Getting Beal ensures having another legitimate scorer to shoulder the load and hopefully be a top-scoring option in the NBA, which I think he can be..

The thing I love about Beal is very similar to why I loved Irving so much coming out... Beal isn't the elite athlete, is a very good one, that some wing players are but he's such a polished player coming out of college compared to other players his age and development... He's a very versatile player that can do everything on the court well and has a very high potential as a scorer..

I don't know, I just think you really can't go wrong with Beal and pairing him with Irving would be exciting... Get Jeff Taylor with the #24 pick and I think you have your starters 1-4 for the next handful of years... All that's left is getting a legit low-post option, but that's a lot easier said than done...
    Last edited by Smooth; 05-10-2012 at 01:13 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smooth For This Useful Post:

Not a **** was given Man Called X's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,463 Times in 2,384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    I really don't think the Ray Allen comparisons are fair because I don't think the two play anything a like... Allen is one of the best shooter to ever live and is what his game revolved around... While Beal is a very good shooter and relied on his outside shot a lot, I believe he's ultimately a more well rounded player on both ends... I really think the Eric Gordon comparisons are much better in the frame and style of play..

Beal has been one of my favorite players since his junior year in high school and he's still probably my favorite draft target... I love everything about MKG but I question his scoring ability... Getting Drummond is so tantalizing but I question whether he can reach his enormous potential... With Beal, I really don't see any questions and I think his ceiling is extremely high..

Getting Beal and pairing him with Irving would be an extremely dangerous 1-2 combo and exactly the type of pairing you can hope to get with two high lottery picks in back-to-back years... Getting Beal ensures having another legitimate scorer to shoulder the load and hopefully be a top-scoring option in the NBA, which I think he can be..

The thing I love about Beal is very similar to why I loved Irving so much coming out... Beal isn't the elite athlete, is a very good one, that some wing players are but he's such a polished player coming out of college compared to other players his age and development... He's a very versatile player that can do everything on the court well and has a very high potential as a scorer..

I don't know, I just think you really can't go wrong with Beal and pairing him with Irving would be exciting... Get Jeff Taylor with the #24 pick and I think you have your starters 1-4 for the next handful of years... All that's left is getting a legit low-post option, but that's a lot easier said than done...
    I love Beal, and at this point, I just want the Cavs to have a legitimate 2 guard sometime in my lifetime. I only saw a little bit of Ron Harper as a very young child, and since then, garbage. I'm sick of always having the worst starting SG in the league.

At this point, it's down to Beal/Drummond for me. If both are available, it's a really tough call for me. My heart says Beal, my head says Drummond. I'm really glad that the Cavs place a huge importance on their psychological evaluations from interviews. Beal just feels like a player that lets the game come to him. He moves in the flow of the game so well. He'd just be such an excellent running mate for Irving, and I really think we'd have one of the top if not the top backcourt in 2-3 years.
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Man Called X For This Useful Post: