Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

Default Re: Buying low on "supposed" knuckleheads

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    The last knucklehead we added fucked the superstars mom.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,554 Times in 4,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    I'm just wondering if any of those four(mainly Evans) is not a total lost cause as far as attitude and ability to buy into a team concept. I think part of Tyreke's problem on the court in Sacto is they've never fully defined if he's the PG or SG. That wouldn't be an issue here as we have Irving. With a strong coach like Byron who played Evans position, I guess I'm just tempted. Of course of the 4, he'd be the hardest to get and actually require giving up assets as we'd have to acquire him via trade.
    Keith Smart recently moved Evans over to SF with Thomas starting at PG. Here's what Smart said recently:

"I'm looking at Tyreke as a rookie in this role," Smart said the other day. "I told him, 'You are still going to handle the ball and initiate plays. You will still have a chance to drive and to shoot. The only thing that will change is that you are out there with a point guard (Isaiah Thomas). And also, you have to be our best defensive player.' " "We're asking him to make sacrifices," Smart added, "and if he invests, it's going to help all of us."

Evans has been asked about it: "I'm trying to figure it out. I don't know if I like it (the three spot). I am so used to having the ball in my hands. But I want to be out there playing, so I'm working on it. I'm working on my shot, too."

It looks like they're going to try keep Evans at 3 for the rest of the year.

Much more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/18/434...o-make-it.html

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,292 Times in 3,620 Posts

I'd say I'd be more willing on Beasely and McGee than Randolph. The reason being at least those two guys have shown SOMETHING at some point in their careers.

Randolph, on the other hand, still lives off his summer league fame from like 3 years ago. Why it is people still have this idea that he can actually play basketball when he hasn't looked good at any point in his career thus far is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Evans problem is mostly the lack of any basketball IQ whatsoever. He can be a good scorer for a bad team but I don't think he can be a key player on a contender.
    Beasley is probably smoking pot as we speak.
    McGee can be a big upgrade at center but probably not worth the big salary it would require to get him. Also, him and AV on the court together is going to be problematic on offense.

Thanks

Crazy > crappy

Sign me up for any sort of upgrade. (T-Will, J.J. and Oden included.)

I don't care how much people here are overestimating chemistry and sh*t... Parker, Hollins and Harangody do not deserve to play on an NBA team.
    Just win.
    Formerly known as LBJizGod

Team Player
    Thanks

knucklehead JJ would look a whole lot better the Luke 'Gody.

at least he has the potential for a 10+ point game every once in a while.
    Make it happen Grant. we are already surpassing the unwritten rule of one white luke per team.
    If we call an older woman chasing after a younger boy a "Cougar"....... Is it safe to say that we can call an old man chasing after a younger boy a "Nittany Lion"???

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jhard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,292 Times in 3,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DELONTEizDad View Post
    Crazy > crappy

Sign me up for any sort of upgrade. (T-Will, J.J. and Oden included.)

I don't care how much people here are overestimating chemistry and sh*t... Parker, Hollins and Harangody do not deserve to play on an NBA team.
    I'm not so sure Williams does either. Has anyone actually seen him play in the NBA..and look good while doing it? Or, like Anthony Randolph, are we still solely on the potential train w/o any actual evidence to back it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm not so sure Williams does either. Has anyone actually seen him play in the NBA..and look good while doing it? Or, like Anthony Randolph, are we still solely on the potential train w/o any actual evidence to back it up?

Could be very true (quite frankly for any of them).... but at least they have "potential."

And I'll take their "potential" over any of Parker, Harangody and Hollins' "play."

[I'm just being cranky. I f*cking can't stand Parker, Harangody and Hollins.]
    Just win.
    Formerly known as LBJizGod

Gold Star Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,723 Times in 944 Posts

Young teams who have or take on "knuckleheads" are the teams that stay in the lottery year after year. You do need to build with players who have the right attitude and character and we have seen and should know by now that the Cavs will be drafting and adding these type of players.

When you have a more experienced veteran and successful team then that's the time you can take a chance on a more risky player.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NarlCavs For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

You're right Narl, but some of these knuckleheads just need the wakeup call of seeing everything they've taken for granted taken away - so if there's a point where maturity/humility actually kicks in - that's when they may be worth a shot.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,619 Times in 983 Posts

Basically any team needs to model the A-Team, you can only have one murdock. So far we only have hanibal (kyrie), and possibly a skinny BA (thompson). We still need a smooth operator poss. Beal (face). Then we can afford a knuckle head, not before
    "Now you see me and now you get it in your face!" AC

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sawduzt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sawduzt View Post
    Basically any team needs to model the A-Team, you can only have one murdock. So far we only have hanibal (kyrie), and possibly a skinny BA (thompson). We still need a smooth operator poss. Beal (face). Then we can afford a knuckle head, not before
    Never really watched the A-Team... But that sounds like the Ninja Turtle formula.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MattyFos. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Never really watched the A-Team... But that sounds like the Ninja Turtle formula.
    The funny thing is, both of these analogies are not only spot on, but make 100% perfect sense when thinking about a B-Ball team. LOL

These totally made my morning.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NoTitleTown For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,278 Times in 1,818 Posts

Ryan Hollins is our knucklehead. Everyone on the team likes him, but he dribbles off of his foot at least twice a game and makes the loudest two points of anyone on the floor. His game is comprised of flailing.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post:

Thanks

None.

We had all those things in place, From Drew Gooden to Hickson to Beasley's Twin (west). None.

Just like Lebron got frustrated bouncing passes off of Drew Gooden's soul patch on the back of his head or Hickson's hands, I don't want Kyrie to feel the same (and that includes many of the ways that Lebron Felt, good and bad, I think Kyrie is cut from a different clothe though)

None.

Only knuckleheads are those who may have gotten in trouble in college, and dropped in draft and have since shown no problems. I always thought it was stupid to pass on a kid because he failed a piss test when he was 18. Now if otherwise the signs are bad, ok. But "character issues" is used way too broadly too often. "Stupidity" never is and should be, or low b-ball IQ (as they may be savants otherwise).

I mean who is the same when they are 19 v. 22 mentally? Now, if you don't know how to play the sport by 19, then I get it. (see Braylon Edwards, best example in a sport, refuses to catch ball with hands).