Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Ryan Hollins waived

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    I don't want to turn this thread into a boobie debate but he's to short to play the 2 but not skilled enough to play the 1. He doesn't drain open 3's anymore which was the only reason he was on the team before and now he is injury prone. We can use his 4mill better ways. He doesn't belong in the NBA anymore. Time to move on.
    agreed. boobie shouldn't be looked at a longterm piece. he's made a career out of one game

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Bombay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    the better Dleague centers not affiliated with a pro club are

Keith Benson (Sioux Falls SkyForce) http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/keith_benson/ - young center who played his collegiate ball in oakland

Brian Butch (http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/brian_butch/) -older player 28 who played at Wisconsin
    He's be a nice fit with TT. Could stretch the floor and allow TT to start at the 4.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bombay View Post
    agreed. boobie shouldn't be looked at a longterm piece. he's made a career out of one game
    I'm not saying he's a long term piece, but I don't think it's fair to say that we should cut him.

If Parker and Jamison are gone next year, I'm fine with keeping Boobie around as our "veteran leadership." He works hard, is a great example on defense, and doesn't need a lot of minutes. Besides, he's the kind of guy that could be a great part of the organization in the future.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoTitleTown For This Useful Post:

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

Boobie's only partially guaranteed for next season so wouldn't be surprised to see him traded or possibly waived in the summer. Nothing will happen until the offseason.

As for Hollins maybe he was becoming a problem in the lockerroom with the recent DNP-CD's? His ending contract held no value now that the trade deadline had passed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
    Boobie's only partially guaranteed for next season so wouldn't be surprised to see him traded or possibly waived in the summer. Nothing will happen until the offseason.

As for Hollins maybe he was becoming a problem in the lockerroom with the recent DNP-CD's? His ending contract held no value now that the trade deadline had passed.
    sounds like it was mutual

Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoTitleTown View Post
    I'm not saying he's a long term piece, but I don't think it's fair to say that we should cut him.

If Parker and Jamison are gone next year, I'm fine with keeping Boobie around as our "veteran leadership." He works hard, is a great example on defense, and doesn't need a lot of minutes. Besides, he's the kind of guy that could be a great part of the organization in the future.
    I wouldn't cut boobie unless we absolutely needed the spot. He's a great locker room guy and a decent defender so there's no sense in getting rid of him just to get rid of him.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biw For This Useful Post:

Thanks

good...Hollins made his own bed. He had endless opportunities to show he gives a shit, and failed every time. i've never seen a big man who avoided rebounds so consistently. most of the time he wouldn't even bother to box out or go after the ball. what a waste of height. it baffles me when players get the opportunity to play in the NBA and they fail to even put forth effort. so many people would kill for that opportunity and a lot of these guys just piss it away. some of these guys must think they can just coast along and survive on their height alone. you could tell that Hollins is one of those guys who never really cared about basketball and the only reason he started playing basketball was because he was blessed with height.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

People act like Hollins played big minutes or something...

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,516 Times in 4,821 Posts

Those of you calling for Boobie and Walton to be waived need a refresher on the business side of the NBA. Expiring contracts have been very, very good to this franchise when making trades. Z, West, Hickson, and now Sessions were valued partially because of their contracts.
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,528 Times in 3,396 Posts

Last edited by Gary Barnidge; 03-20-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Ass pennies

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,528 Times in 3,396 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSS2306 View Post
    People act like Hollins played big minutes or something...
    Remember when he was starting after Semih got benched? Because I do.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

In trying to connect the dots... I have no inside information, but remember before the season when Willie Reed's name was brought up? Well, he got injured before the season started and had to get surgery. He is now back with the Canton Charge. That happened about a week ago. I really have no idea, but maybe Ryan was waived so they could bring in Willie?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    Those of you calling for Boobie and Walton to be waived need a refresher on the business side of the NBA. Expiring contracts have been very, very good to this franchise when making trades. Z, West, Hickson, and now Sessions were valued partially because of their contracts.
    That's why I said they should tell Walton to stay home. I'm fine with keeping him on the books but he should never see the floor as a Cav. I'm fine with keeping boobie until the trade deadline next year as a vet leader but he should see little minutes next year.

Thanks

my guess is that when Scott gave the starting center spot to Tristan, Ryan probably just couldn't handle it and flipped out or something. getting replaced by a rookie who isn't even a center probably caused him to have some sort of mental breakdown...haha.

either way, I LOVE the way Byron Scott handles his rotations. He really does give every player a chance and he isn't afraid to replace somebody if they're not performing. He's the opposite of Mike Brown, who would give terrible players big minutes for months before making changes. i like that Byron is quick with his changes - if a player isn't working, he instantly goes to someone else.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gregdawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    In trying to connect the dots... I have no inside information, but remember before the season when Willie Reed's name was brought up? Well, he got injured before the season started and had to get surgery. He is now back with the Canton Charge. That happened about a week ago. I really have no idea, but maybe Ryan was waived so they could bring in Willie?

I don't know about guilt but the way they tried to cover up that sexual assault case sickens me. (If it's the same one I'm thinking of.)

Also looks like Byron has found his new whipping boy if he's as raw he sounds from what I'm reading. Seems like he's worth a roster spot though.

I haven't been able to find anything about him being with the Charge now? Could be I just don't know where to look however.
    Just win.
    Formerly known as LBJizGod