Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 Times in 938 Posts

Default Re: Ryan Hollins waived

Quote Originally Posted by gregdawg View Post
    my guess is that when Scott gave the starting center spot to Tristan, Ryan probably just couldn't handle it and flipped out or something. getting replaced by a rookie who isn't even a center probably caused him to have some sort of mental breakdown...haha.

either way, I LOVE the way Byron Scott handles his rotations. He really does give every player a chance and he isn't afraid to replace somebody if they're not performing. He's the opposite of Mike Brown, who would give terrible players big minutes for months before making changes. i like that Byron is quick with his changes - if a player isn't working, he instantly goes to someone else.
    I think your a tad crazy for loving the rotations ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RonG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    really?...other than not give Manny enough minutes, I don't have a problem with Byron's rotations. Under Byron, generally the players that deserve minutes get them. Gee eventually replaced Casspi, as he should have. and Bryon kept trying out new big men all year long when the current guy wasn't working. you can't find fault with that. It would've taken Mike Brown a whole season to realize Gee was better than Casspi. Byron evaluates quickly and usually gives the minutes to the right guys.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gregdawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,759 Times in 3,475 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    I mean, there are a couple of changes that I would prefer. But with the personnel he has to work with I think he's done a pretty bang up job.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 9,428 Times in 2,744 Posts

Sorry guys. Ryan Hollins will always have free beers on my dime for that Miami game.

Ryan, you sucked something fierce, but for one glorious night, you were my Jack

Ohh yea, major rep points for someone who can photo shop Hollins' face over Leo's

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalu View Post
    I mean, there are a couple of changes that I would prefer. But with the personnel he has to work with I think he's done a pretty bang up job.
    exactly...Byron has a lot of limitations with this roster. His options are especially limited at the SG and C positions. This roster has some big holes and he does what he can with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,014 Times in 3,893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    I don't want to turn this thread into a boobie debate buuuut.....he's to short to play the 2 but not skilled enough to play the 1. He doesn't drain open 3's anymore which was the only reason he was on the team before and now he is injury prone. We can use his 4mill better ways. He doesn't belong in the NBA anymore. Time to move on.
    Huh?

Yeah, cause his D is just horrible, he hasn't improved or worked his ass off in the other aspects of his game in the least bit, and he constantly bitches about everything in sight & is a cancer in the locker room guy.
    Last edited by MoFlo; 03-20-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks

Hope this isn't the return of JJ
    Is Larry Hughes having fun yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoFloDeepintheQ View Post
    Huh?

Yeah, cause his D is just horrible, he hasn't improved & worked his ass off in the other aspects of his game in the least bit, and he constantly bitches about everything in sight...
    I appreciate Boobie's effort on D, but a lot of times he's just too short. at 6'2", he's always going to struggle against SG's that are in the 6'5" to 6'7" range.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gregdawg For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amil99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biw999 View Post
    I wouldn't cut boobie unless we absolutely needed the spot. He's a great locker room guy and a decent defender so there's no sense in getting rid of him just to get rid of him.
    I can agree with this for now. It's not like he's a complete waste out there like hollins or harongody. He's a scrappy defender. Great positive locker room guy. I'm certainly not as big on him as I was before. But he does have value on this team.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gregdawg View Post
    I appreciate Boobie's effort on D, but a lot of times he's just too short. at 6'2", he's always going to struggle against SG's that are in the 6'5" to 6'7" range.
    Most of them can't drive past him or post him up ... but yeah, they can feel free to shoot J's over his head. That's actually not a bad outcome.

Anyway, we know the problem with Gibson, and it's that he's always dealing with some sort of injury. He twisted his ankle in the last game which hopefully is no big deal, but hasn't he been playing with taped fingers on his shooting hand?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WitnessMoBoobie View Post
    Hope this isn't the return of JJ
    Why not? We know what we're getting, he's a young athletic guy, and he can't be any worse that Samardo (who is still trash at this point in my opinion). JJ is certainly an upgrade over Samardo, and would be a great backup to Tristan when Jamison is gone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Sorry guys. Ryan Hollins will always have free beers on my dime for that Miami game.

Ryan, you sucked something fierce, but for one glorious night, you were my Jack

Ohh yea, major rep points for someone who can photo shop Hollins' face over Leo's
    I'll never let go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    we know what we are getting IS the reason we don't want him back

he thought he was an outside jumpshot away from getting a max contract in his mind

his defense was suspect at best

he had lousy hands

I see him resenting TT much the way Ricky Davis resented Lebron . . . in a word No thanks
    This would be true if he never left the Cavs, but now that he's been cut he may be humbled and ready to work.

If we only have to pay him for the rest of the season, there's no reason not to give this a try.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NoTitleTown For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Ryan is no loss. He had hands of stone...always fumbling passes and rebounds. He got pushed around underneath the basket and, even though he showed emotion, he played soft. Since he started in basketball later than most, he never developed a feel for the game. Low basketball IQ! Never understood the concept of the moving screen and got called for it repeatedly and then acted as if the official blew the call. Seemed to make at least one bone-headed play a game. On top of that, he was a foul magnet. At age 27 or 28, he is unlikely to be anything more than a 3rd string center at best. it is also a good guess that Ryan was one of those 4 0r 5 players Coach Scott said didn't know the playbook.

Very frustrating to see a 7 foot center with great leaping ability and long arms rebound so poorly.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hartwill For This Useful Post: