Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 1011
  1. #766
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by JSS2306 View Post
    Neighbor: Zimmerman stopped possible crime
    By Graham Winch
    updated 4:17 PM EDT, Tue April 03, 2012
    NEED TO KNOW
    Trayvon Martin was shot and killed in Sanford, Florida, February 26
    George Zimmerman's neighbor says there's been eight burglaries in their neighborhood

    One of George Zimmerman's neighbors in Sanford, Florida, says a perfect storm of circumstances led to Trayvon Martin's shooting, including eight burglaries in the neighborhood in a little over a year.

    Police say Martin was shot as he walked to his father's fiancée's house after going to the store for some Skittles and iced tea. Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain, told police he shot Martin in self-defense. Zimmerman has not been charged with a crime and remains free.

    Frank Taaffe, a resident of the Retreat at Twin Lakes, told CNN's Soledad O'Brien Tuesday that he did not condone using lethal force in this situation. Taaffe also said that Zimmerman's efforts as a neighborhood watch captain helped stop a possible burglary in progress at his home on February 2.

    HLN has confirmed that Sanford Police records show that Zimmerman did call police on February 2.

    Zimmerman's complaint on the city's website from February 2 says, "Black male (leather jacket, black hat, printed PJ pants) keeps going to the residence which is owned by a white male. Black male subject in question was gone upon police arrival." The complaint also lists an address that matches Taaffee's residence.

    Taaffe also claims that the eight burglaries in his neighborhood over a 13-month period have all been committed by black males. HLN has confirmed that Sanford Police reported eight burglaries in 395 days in the neighborhood. As a result, there are complaints against four black males. However, the remaining reports were for crimes with no witnesses and did not identify the suspects' race.

    Taaffe's claims come after HLN affiliate WTVT interviewed another neighbor whose story about the events of February 26 is being told for the first time. He said Zimmerman suffered visible injuries to the back of his head -- a key assertion that has been vehemently challenged by Martin family supporters. "I saw George. He was banged up. His head had two big bandages, that weren't flat, had a bump on them," the neighbor, who did not want to be identified, told WTVT.

    "I seen him have a big bandage on his nose and his nose swollen. On the side, where his eyes were at, it was swollen," he told the TV station.

    Taaffe also told CNN that he saw on the tape that Zimmerman sustained injuries, and was treated by emergency responders.

    Police released a new, higher-resolution surveillance video of the neighborhood watch volunteer being ushered into the police station the night of Martin's death. The sharper footage shows what is apparently a bump, mark or injury on Zimmerman's head more clearly than a previously released video, which had a grainy quality

    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/04...aused-shooting

    Had nothing to do with my post but a good read anyway.

  2. #767
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    Had nothing to do with my post but a good read anyway.
    Edit: to profile like zimmerman did, I'd say they'd have to be burglarized once a week by a black male(witnessed) every time.

  3. #768
    #howu Noonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    b-dale
    Posts
    3,448
    Thanks
    2,901
    Thanked 5,388 Times in 1,250 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by JSS2306 View Post
    Taaffe also claims that the eight burglaries in his neighborhood over a 13-month period have all been committed by black males. HLN has confirmed that Sanford Police reported eight burglaries in 395 days in the neighborhood. As a result, there are complaints against four black males. However, the remaining reports were for crimes with no witnesses and did not identify the suspects' race.
    Yeah, this guy sounds totally credible.

  4. #769
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    There is plenty good reason to pissed at at Sanford PD. A narcotics officer was sent to the scene of a homicide. A witness is claiming an officer told her that Zimmerman was screaming when she said it was the boy. Another witness had to contact the PD over and over again because no police officer would take her eyewitness statement. No drug or alcohol test for someone who just shot and killed someone.

    The irony is staggering that a narcotics detective was first on the scene and their was no drug test. I'm sure the detective doesn't even handle the procedure but the irony is still there.

  5. #770
    Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    13,892
    Thanks
    10,136
    Thanked 19,482 Times in 4,810 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Cases like these remind me that police officers have to undergo hundreds of hours of training... and they still end up making dumb decisions. People taking the law into their own hands without those hundreds of hours of training aren't going to make better informed decisions. As far as guilt or innocence, anyone who thinks they have made up their minds already need to walk away from the television and laptop, take a walk in the park without a firearm, and let the legal process play out.
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:


  7. #771
    Ballplayer MattyFos.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    12,575
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,688 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    There is plenty good reason to pissed at at Sanford PD. A narcotics officer was sent to the scene of a homicide. A witness is claiming an officer told her that Zimmerman was screaming when she said it was the boy. Another witness had to contact the PD over and over again because no police officer would take her eyewitness statement. No drug or alcohol test for someone who just shot and killed someone.

    The irony is staggering that a narcotics detective was first on the scene and their was no drug test. I'm sure the detective doesn't even handle the procedure but the irony is still there.
    Maybe the narcotics officer was just the first on the scene.

  8. #772
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by MattyFos View Post
    Maybe the narcotics officer was just the first on the scene.
    I was thinking that myself. Protocol could have been for any officer/detective to respond in the area. And maybe not. Did the narcotics officer question him first? Was he/she supposed to?

    IDK, we will find out hopefully.

  9. #773
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 294 Times in 150 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    Wrong Wrong Wrong.
    Ok what's wrong?

  10. #774
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 294 Times in 150 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by cavsfan1985 View Post
    Your idea is flawed. Zimmerman was not doing anything illegal, and as far as we know did not start the altication. Following someone is not illegal.
    Neither is attacking an individual who's intent you do not know. Again if I am in Martin's shoes and I am being followed by a suspicous individual that I don't know then I will try to defend myself at all costs. The individual has no reason to follow you and the act of following is a threat or perceived threat. The problem with these laws is what constitutes the threat.

    I swear we need to give everyone a sword. It can be just as effective as a gun except you have to know what you are doing otherwise someone may be better with it than you.

    Again I am not taking sides in this situation either. However you are being followed by a suspicious person. You don't know if that person is armed and in this case actually was. I would perceive that as a threat on my life (am I about to be mugged, attacked, robbed, etc) so therefore in that situation I should have the ability to keep them at bay.

    It is to the point where everyone should probably have a weapon. If 2 people have the weapon I doubt anything happens. However since a gun or other weapon is "power" to some individuals you don't know who is going to abuse that or not.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BooyaCS For This Useful Post:


  12. #775
    Not a **** was given Prophet Named X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    O-High-O
    Posts
    11,175
    Thanks
    12,070
    Thanked 7,015 Times in 2,271 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by BooyaCS View Post
    Neither is attacking an individual who's intent you do not know. Again if I am in Martin's shoes and I am being followed by a suspicous individual that I don't know then I will try to defend myself at all costs. The individual has no reason to follow you and the act of following is a threat or perceived threat. The problem with these laws is what constitutes the threat.

    I swear we need to give everyone a sword. It can be just as effective as a gun except you have to know what you are doing otherwise someone may be better with it than you.

    Again I am not taking sides in this situation either. However you are being followed by a suspicious person. You don't know if that person is armed and in this case actually was. I would perceive that as a threat on my life (am I about to be mugged, attacked, robbed, etc) so therefore in that situation I should have the ability to keep them at bay.

    It is to the point where everyone should probably have a weapon. If 2 people have the weapon I doubt anything happens. However since a gun or other weapon is "power" to some individuals you don't know who is going to abuse that or not.
    Swordfights. Manliest fucking thing ever. Make life the Highlander. I'm down. Those fencing classes might actually be helpful. Yeah!
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

  13. #776
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 294 Times in 150 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    Swordfights. Manliest fucking thing ever. Make life the Highlander. I'm down. Those fencing classes might actually be helpful. Yeah!
    You want to make things fair that is about the only way to do it. Everyone is issued a sword it is their job to learn how to use it. You can defend yourself with it and if you are brave attack someone else. Keep in mind they have a sword and may use it better than you do.

    Although I trained on a Kitana when I was in Karate...

  14. #777
    Veteran ReAL DeAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 216
    Posts
    6,085
    Thanks
    964
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 747 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Grand jury will not decide Zimmerman's fate

    http://www.woio.com/story/17364972/p...on-martin-case

  15. #778
    3rd String. MoneyForGyros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 127 Times in 52 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Unfortunately the coverage and horrendous lies/fabrication of evidence was reported by the media and has done nothing but cause polarization among everybody. creating the news is not the same as reporting the news. Pretty much everyone has chosen sides, despite the total lack of clear and sufficient and accurate information and facts.

    I guess I can't blame the news networks, this was a big money maker for them. They love natural disasters/race wars.

  16. #779
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post
    Grand jury will not decide Zimmerman's fate

    http://www.woio.com/story/17364972/p...on-martin-case
    I think manslaughter or murder charges are next. This prosecutor doesn't want to leave it in the hands of a grand jury.

  17. #780
    All Star JSS2306's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,555
    Thanks
    2,737
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    I think manslaughter or murder charges are next. This prosecutor doesn't want to leave it in the hands of a grand jury.
    I believe it has to go to a grand jury for murder.

    It's probably going to be manslaughter or nothing at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •