Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1011
  1. #916
    Rising Star MRMsix6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Thanks
    911
    Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,161 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by davek905 View Post
    seriously, greg gutfeild and bill schulz are adonises

    definitely naked under those robes

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRMsix6 For This Useful Post:


  3. #917
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,418
    Thanks
    7,617
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    definitely naked under those robes
    this case just got a lot... harder
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:


  5. #918
    Don't just stare at it..
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,054
    Thanks
    2,020
    Thanked 2,625 Times in 747 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by davek905 View Post
    this case just got a lot... harder


    Yeeeaaah


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A Squared For This Useful Post:


  7. #919
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,418
    Thanks
    7,617
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    id throw the book at her, and then have sex on top of her unconscious body

    im not going to stop until one is actually funny
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:


  9. #920
    BANNED Maximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mentor
    Posts
    16,877
    Thanks
    5,219
    Thanked 23,853 Times in 3,836 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    He's a liberal kook, but he's right...

    Dershowitz Blasts Zimmerman Prosecution: 'Not Only Immoral, But Stupid'

    With ABC News’ release of the George Zimmerman photo showing blood flowing freely from his head, the question becomes whether Angela Corey, the prosecutor in the case, had access to the photo before charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

    The arrest affidavit did not mention the photograph, or the bleeding, gashes, and bruises on Zimmermans’ head. Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School stated upon release of the arrest affidavit that it was “so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge … everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense.”

    After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further, telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “grave ethical violation,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant information.”

    Dershowitz continued, “An affidavit that willfully misstates undisputed evidence known to the prosecution is not only unethical but borders on perjury because an affiant swears to tell not only the truth, but the whole truth, and suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie."

    When asked if it made a difference whether the prosecution had the bloody photograph at the time they charged Zimmerman, Dershowitz responded, “We do know that there were earlier photographs before the affidavit was done that strongly suggested blood on the back of the head, and we know the police had first access to him, so if there was blood they [the prosecution] would know about it …

    "I've had cases in Florida against prosecutors,” Dershowitz said, “and this is not the first time they have willfully omitted exculpatory evidence. It's a continuing problem. Here, it’s not only immoral, but stupid. The whole country is watching. What do they benefit from having half-truths in an affidavit?"

    Dershowitz added, "I'm not taking sides, but I'm insisting that both sides play by the rules, and so far the prosecution is not playing by the rules."


  10. #921
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,418
    Thanks
    7,617
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    on a serious note, I want to commit crimes in florida so she can be my judge and yell at me while im in handcuffs
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:


  12. #922
    Cleveland Sports Homer DDJ7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    4,718
    Thanks
    6,309
    Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    I hope all these celebrities and politicians that changed their online avatars to Trayvon's picture or them wearing a hoodie tell everyone they were wrong if it comes out that Zimmerman acted in self defense.

  13. #923
    All for one RonG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,563
    Thanks
    2,973
    Thanked 3,239 Times in 920 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    I hope all these celebrities and politicians that changed their online avatars to Trayvon's picture or them wearing a hoodie tell everyone they were wrong if it comes out that Zimmerman acted in self defense.
    Those people already judged him, so even if he is found to acting in self defense they wont admit they were wrong they will say the courts got it wrong.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RonG For This Useful Post:


  15. #924
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,230
    Thanks
    24,632
    Thanked 28,814 Times in 9,204 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Just went back to page 60. Gour, Max covered my complaint pretty much identically to how I would have. Nothing else to say.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  16. #925
    Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ilocos Norte, Pilipinas
    Posts
    7,091
    Thanks
    7,120
    Thanked 8,212 Times in 2,554 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I dont think Jigo said "I can't wait until they stop calling Zimmerman a White Hispanic". He said "God, I can't fucking wait until they stop calling Zimmerman white."


    Obama has a white parent, you call him "black". Zimmerman has a white parent and refers to himself as "Latino", but you want him to be "white". The liberal media refers to Zimmerman as "white" too because they want to throw gasoline on the race angle. Please dont respond with any more "definitions"....no one really cares. This wasn't a hate crime.
    Not advocating it was a hate crime, nor am I saying he's White.. Where's all that coming from? I'm saying it's funny that Zimmerman isn't considered White. I mean, at what point is someone White? How is it defined? You say I want to call him "White" for some racial angle -- but that's totally misguided. I don't care what race he is, I just find it funny that he can't be considered White.

    And Obama is Black.. But that's another topic entirely.

  17. #926
    Not a **** was given Prophet Named X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    O-High-O
    Posts
    11,171
    Thanks
    12,036
    Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,269 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    You all fucking suck. That's all.
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Prophet Named X For This Useful Post:


  19. #927
    Rising Star Rondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    2,971
    Thanks
    1,164
    Thanked 1,552 Times in 605 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)


  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rondo For This Useful Post:


  21. #928
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    3,946
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Hindu on tranny crime?

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:


  23. #929
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,829
    Thanks
    4,009
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,285 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    I hope all these celebrities and politicians that changed their online avatars to Trayvon's picture or them wearing a hoodie tell everyone they were wrong if it comes out that Zimmerman acted in self defense.
    These celebrities and politicians wanted the adult who confronted and then shot an unarmed 17 year old boy to be arrested and be put to trial. If you shoot someone after instigating the altercation, you should be arrested and put to trial. That doesn't mean he's guilty - nobody knows the full evidence, so we don't know - but the fact that he was a free man for so long after the altercation is a joke. Had these celebrities, politicians, and activists not brought national attention to this situation, we would most likely have never found out the truth about what happened that night. Now, because they did and George Zimmerman will have his day(s) in court, we will.

  24. #930
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,555
    Thanks
    2,737
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

    Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    These celebrities and politicians wanted the adult who confronted and then shot an unarmed 17 year old boy to be arrested and be put to trial. If you shoot someone after instigating the altercation, you should be arrested and put to trial. That doesn't mean he's guilty - nobody knows the full evidence, so we don't know - but the fact that he was a free man for so long after the altercation is a joke. Had these celebrities, politicians, and activists not brought national attention to this situation, we would most likely have never found out the truth about what happened that night. Now, because they did and George Zimmerman will have his day(s) in court, we will.
    I take it you didn't hear the lead investigator admit under oath there is no evidence Zimmerman ever instigated a fight. Here's an article to help you along.

    Angela Corey’s filing against George Zimmerman bears the hallmarks of a career-ender.

    Last week, Florida prosecutor Angela Corey stunned many within the legal establishment when she announced her office was filing a second-degree murder charge against George Zimmerman. The four-page affidavit of probable cause filed by Corey’s office shocked legal experts, ranging from liberal Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz and liberal law bloggerJeralyn Merritt to conservative former prosecutorAndrew McCarthy and talk show host Mark Levin, among others.

    The affidavit starts out typically, listing the names and qualifications of the two investigators used by the special prosecutor. It then begins to build a case against George Zimmerman:

    On Sunday 2/26/12, Trayvon Martin was temporarily living at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated community in Sanford, Seminole County, Florida. That evening Martin walked to a nearby 7-11 Store where he purchased a can of iced tea and some Skittles. Martin then walked back to and entered the gated community and was on his way back to the townhouse where he was living when he was profiled by George Zimmerman. Martin was unarmed and was not committing a crime.

    Not one paragraph into the “meat” of the affidavit, Corey’s team already made two unsubstantiated claims.

    First: there is no publicly known evidence that supports the contention that Zimmerman “profiled” Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman’s 911 call made no reference to skin color or apparel until the the police dispatcher started pressing for a better description. If Corey’s team had evidence that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin, they should have included it here. They did not, which not only undermines the profiling charge in this case, but in any federal civil rights case the U.S. Department of Justice may have been considering.

    The second unsubstantiated claim: they say Martin was not committing or preparing to commit a crime. Zimmerman became suspicious because he saw a figure who struck him as a person casing houses for burglary potential. Unbeknownst to Zimmerman at the time was the fact that Martin had been suspended from school for the possession of a “ burglary tool.” We don’t know what Martin was thinking, but his actions were erratic enough to prompt George Zimmerman to want police to investigate.

    That represents a lot of unsubstantiated speculation by a prosecutor trying to build an affidavit to support a second-degree murder charge, and that’s just from the first substantive paragraph.

    The next troublesome claim is the lead sentence of the following paragraph:

    Zimmerman, who also lived in the gated community and was driving his vehicle, observed Martin and assumed he was a criminal.

    Perhaps it is hair-splitting, but there is no evidence to support Corey’s claim that Zimmerman assumed Martin was a criminal. In his first comments on the 911 call, Zimmerman claims he saw “a real suspicious guy” acting erratically: “Like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about.”

    Zimmerman was merely reporting suspicious behavior, just as our own Department of Homeland Security advocates with its “ If You See Something, Say Something” campaign, which has been created and promoted by cabinet officials appointed by the Obama Administration. Zimmerman saw someone acting suspiciously, and did precisely what DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano wants citizens to do in that situation.

    The prosecutor then made another claim not supported by the recorded evidence:

    The police dispatcher then informed Zimmerman that an officer was on the way and to wait for the officer.

    The second half of that claim is a complete and apparently willful misrepresentation of the conversation between George Zimmerman and the police dispatcher. The closest the dispatcher ever gets to telling Zimmerman to “wait for the officer” was when Zimmerman was attempting to follow Martin, and the dispatcher told him, precisely: “Okay, we don’t need you to do that.”

    In response to the dispatcher’s comment — which isn’t a command, but an ambiguous statement — Zimmerman’s response is “Okay,” and an immediate termination of his attempt to follow Trayvon Martin.

    Zimmerman spends the next 93 seconds — more than enough time for Trayvon Martin to reach where he is staying, even at a walking pace — in one location talking to the police dispatcher, informing the dispatcher that he is on the way back to his truck, and that he will meet the responding officer by the mailboxes.

    Angela Corey’s team is misrepresenting the actual events as they occurred in order to fabricate a claim that George Zimmerman disobeyed police orders. Proving her behavior is one matter, but to be found deliberately misrepresenting the evidence is certainly grounds for considering disbarment.

    The affidavit contained further problematic statements. The next one:

    During the recorded call Zimmerman made reference to people he felt had committed and gotten away with break-ins in his neighborhood. Later while talking about Martin, Zimmerman stated “these a**holes, they always get away” and also said “these f***ing punks.”

    John Work, a multi-decade law enforcement veteran, caught something in this prejudicial paragraph that I’d missed on my first reading:

    Either Zimmerman and the investigators who wrote the affidavit knew there had been burglaries in the neighborhood, or they did not know about any burglaries. It’s not possible to credibly say that anyone, including the defendant, felt that crimes had been committed. If, in fact, there was or was not a series of unsolved burglaries in that neighborhood, the cops should have included that fact in the affidavit. It’s a lie of omission, either way.

    Corey’s affidavit then made even more unsubstantiated claims:

    Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and followed Martin. When the police dispatcher realized Zimmerman was pursuing Martin, he instructed Zimmerman not to do that and that the responding officer would meet him. Zimmerman disregarded the police dispatcher and continued to follow Martin who was trying to return to his home.

    The affidavit’s claim is in direct opposition to the facts as recorded on the 911 call.

    Zimmerman was not “instructed” of anything. The use of that particular word creates the impression that Zimmerman was affirmatively told — commanded — not to do something. That isn’t what occurred. The dispatcher spoke ambiguously: “We don’t need you to do that.”

    Then, the affidavit makes the completely unsupported claim that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin, even as the 911 call indicates that he stopped following Martin and was stationary for more than a minute and a half before attempting to return to his truck to meet with the responding officer. This, again, appears to be a misrepresentation by the prosecutor, unsupported (and possibly refuted) by the known evidence.

    The affidavit also makes the completely unsupported claim at the end of that paragraph that Martin “was trying to return to his home.”

    There is no evidence of the sort. The timeline strongly suggests that — having evaded Zimmerman initially and with Zimmerman terminating his pursuit and then heading back the way he came — Martin had plenty of time and a direct, unobstructed path home had he chosen to return directly home. We don’t know where Martin was or what he was doing between the time he fled Zimmerman and when the confrontation began. What we do know is that Martin had an opportunity to make it home, and chose not to do so for reasons we may never know.

    The affidavit continues:

    Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued. Witnesses heard people arguing and what sounded like a struggle. During this time period witnesses heard numerous calls for help and some of these were recorded in 911 calls to police. Trayvon Martin’s mother has reviewed the 911 and identified the voice crying for help as Trayvon Martin’s voice.

    “Zimmerman confronted Martin.”

    This is supposition, apparently based upon the recollection of Martin’s girlfriend. There is no physical evidence or eyewitness supporting this charge.

    The next part of that crucial sentence has already been ripped apart by legal experts — the passive “and a struggle ensued.”

    This entire case hinges upon who started the confrontation and then escalated it into a deadly force event that left a young man dead. If the prosecution has evidence that Zimmerman indeed triggered the confrontation and initiated the struggle, then Zimmerman’s self-defense claim becomes much harder to support. If the events occurred as Zimmerman described it — with the confrontation initiated by Martin, the physical assault initiated by Martin, and Martin then escalating the fight to assault with a deadly weapon by attempting to smash Zimmerman’s head on the concrete — and the evidence supports Zimmerman’s claims, then we have a justified use of deadly force in self-defense.

    Sybrina Fulton’s contention that the voice she heard crying for help on the 911 calls was her son certainly adds emotional pain to the case; her claim is not one I would personally wish to challenge at a trial if she is called as a witness. However, competent attorneys routinely cast doubt on such testimony, perhaps by citing confirmation bias and the trauma of losing a child. No known audio experts have come forth to claim they can confirm with any degree of certainty that the voice calling for help is Martin. I would venture that Fulton’s claim is included in the affidavit only to elicit an emotional response from the public, which would be a grandstanding ploy, and perhaps an especially cynical one by a veteran prosecutor seeking reelection just a few months from now.

    There are simply no facts in this affidavit to remotely support the charge of second-degree murder according to Florida’s statute, which reads :

    The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree …

    There is nothing in this affidavit nor among the publicly known facts about the case — nor even among the allegations from the victim’s family or their attorneys — that comes even remotely close to reaching the “depraved mind” standard. At most, the prosecutor would face making a difficult manslaughter case, and even then would risk having the lesser charge thrown out for insufficient evidence.

    I am comfortable with saying that Corey’s multiple references to “Justice for Trayon” during her press conference combined with this breathtaking affidavit strongly suggest a political motivation.

    I live and work in central North Carolina, just miles away from where an overzealous, politically minded prosecutor named Mike Nifong attempted to railroad athletes from the Duke University lacrosse team in a similarly racially charged environment just a half-decade ago.

    Nifong was disbarred and found guilty of criminal contempt for his actions. Angela Corey’s affidavit against George Zimmerman looks to be treading dangerously close to that same path.
    http://rightnowamerica.com/rightnow/...ical-question/

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JSS2306 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •