Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    IMHO he's overrated, just like Harrison Barnes. MKG is the best prospect in this draft. In the Indiana/Kentucky game last night, you could see the impact that Cody Zeller had compared to Anthony Davis when they were both taken out due to early foul trouble. While Anthony Davis was on the bench the team could still produce with out him because of players like TJ and MKG. There wasn't that big of a gap missing from the team and they were actually able to pull ahead without him. Cody Zeller had to be put back in ASAP, because he had a much bigger impact on that Indiana team. I wonder if Anthony Davis would have the same impact that Zeller did if he was on that Indiana team.

  2. #32
    Making It Work Double O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Strongsville, OH/Columbus, OH
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    1,025
    Thanked 144 Times in 49 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    He's going to be a breed of his own at the Power Forward position. I really think he's going to be a LeBron-esque type of talent. Obviously not the same position, but the kind of transcendent athlete and player that LBJ grew into being. I haven't seen a player that wowed me like Davis does since Durant at Texas.

  3. #33
    Rising Star MRMsix6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Thanks
    912
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,161 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    IMHO he's overrated, just like Harrison Barnes. MKG is the best prospect in this draft. In the Indiana/Kentucky game last night, you could see the impact that Cody Zeller had compared to Anthony Davis when they were both taken out due to early foul trouble. While Anthony Davis was on the bench the team could still produce with out him because of players like TJ and MKG. There wasn't that big of a gap missing from the team and they were actually able to pull ahead without him. Cody Zeller had to be put back in ASAP, because he had a much bigger impact on that Indiana team. I wonder if Anthony Davis would have the same impact that Zeller did if he was on that Indiana team.
    is this serious?

    Kentucky is stacked with future NBA players, of course they're going to look better than Indiana when Zeller/Davis are out.

  4. #34
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    628
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 244 Times in 109 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    overrated as hell. Why do people assume he is gonna be better than Kyrie? lol

  5. #35
    BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by amil99 View Post
    overrated as hell. Why do people assume he is gonna be better than Kyrie? lol
    Its not that I all people think he is going to be better than Kyrie. But some would argue its a lot easier to make an impact as frontcourt player. Especially a shot-blocking beast like Davis. A greast poing guard can make everyone better. But an elite defensive player can make you a playoff contender. Look at the Orlando Magic. They don't have one player after Howard that can play a lick of defense. With him, they are always going to be one of the better defensive teams in the NBA and a playoff contender.

  6. #36
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    628
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 244 Times in 109 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post
    Its not that I all people think he is going to be better than Kyrie. But some would argue its a lot easier to make an impact as frontcourt player. Especially a shot-blocking beast like Davis. A greast poing guard can make everyone better. But an elite defensive player can make you a playoff contender. Look at the Orlando Magic. They don't have one player after Howard that can play a lick of defense. With him, they are always going to be one of the better defensive teams in the NBA and a playoff contender.
    He may very well end up being a great player and better than Irving but its stupid to assume his upside is way higher than Kyrie like I see ppl saying. I understand what you are saying though. But Kyrie is already a great player who's only gonna get greater

  7. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 84 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    I think if some is going to compare Kyrie vs Davis, they have to put a lot of weight into the value of each players position. I think we are looking at two perennial all stars. One of them can fill a spot, where there are only two real players in the whole league, who fill the traditional needs of the position. Davis is 30 lbs of muscle from filling the needs. There are many more pgs that fill the required traditional needs in the league. Kyrie is a special player though and could end up being the best one and looks to easily be in the top 5, but looking at position value, Davis should carry more value in theory, going forward. One thing about Kyrie though is the ice cold blood that runs through his veins. It is hard to put a value on that, since to me that value is unlimited and very, very hard to come by, no matter what position.

    Davis is special. Look at how many tattoos he has. He is not an attention grabber or a follower. He is very, very coach-able. He is a special low maintenance kid, a lot like our own Kyrie in that sense. IMO.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    416
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 134 Times in 87 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by WarAdmiral View Post
    I think if some is going to compare Kyrie vs Davis, they have to put a lot of weight into the value of each players position. I think we are looking at two perennial all stars. One of them can fill a spot, where there are only two real players in the whole league, who fill the traditional needs of the position. Davis is 30 lbs of muscle from filling the needs. There are many more pgs that fill the required traditional needs in the league. Kyrie is a special player though and could end up being the best one and looks to easily be in the top 5, but looking at position value, Davis should carry more value in theory, going forward. One thing about Kyrie though is the ice cold blood that runs through his veins. It is hard to put a value on that, since to me that value is unlimited and very, very hard to come by, no matter what position.

    Davis is special. Look at how many tattoos he has. He is not an attention grabber or a follower. He is very, very coach-able. He is a special low maintenance kid, a lot like our own Kyrie in that sense. IMO.
    I have no tattoos and I'm a total asshole, so I don't think that makes him special.

  9. #39
    12 Reasons to Post MYoung23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    9,684
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,040 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by WarAdmiral View Post
    I think if some is going to compare Kyrie vs Davis, they have to put a lot of weight into the value of each players position. I think we are looking at two perennial all stars. One of them can fill a spot, where there are only two real players in the whole league, who fill the traditional needs of the position. Davis is 30 lbs of muscle from filling the needs. There are many more pgs that fill the required traditional needs in the league. Kyrie is a special player though and could end up being the best one and looks to easily be in the top 5, but looking at position value, Davis should carry more value in theory, going forward. One thing about Kyrie though is the ice cold blood that runs through his veins. It is hard to put a value on that, since to me that value is unlimited and very, very hard to come by, no matter what position.

    Davis is special. Look at how many tattoos he has. He is not an attention grabber or a follower. He is very, very coach-able. He is a special low maintenance kid, a lot like our own Kyrie in that sense. IMO.
    CODE

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MYoung23 For This Useful Post:


  11. #40
    Veteran Triumph36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,504
    Thanks
    915
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 1,333 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by MYoung23 View Post
    CODE
    hmm

    1. code 109 up, 40 down

    1)To write a computer program, or at least a snippet.
    2)A computer program, or a portion thereof.
    1)I still have to code that subroutine.
    2)I can't decypher this obtuse code.
    by daDebil Feb 29, 2004 share this add a video

    2. code 54 up, 21 down

    To program
    I really want that new feature, but I have yet to code it in.
    by Peon Jun 29, 2003 share this add a video

    3. code 249 up, 136 down

    The way a GHETTO ASS black person pronounces the word cold.
    Damn nigga, it's code up in herr.
    by your name Sep 28, 2004 share this add a video

    4. code 73 up, 48 down

    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, Start
    Hurry and put in the code before the menu comes up so we can have infinite lives
    by Meezy May 13, 2005 share this add a video

    well those didn't help much

  12. #41
    Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN via NE Ohio
    Posts
    9,718
    Thanks
    15,189
    Thanked 7,844 Times in 1,877 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by MYoung23 View Post
    CODE
    Hopefully he doesnt wear a hoodie on his way into the arena for the National Championship game. He might get shot if he does.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:


  14. #42
    WGAF/WGAS Damage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Jungle
    Posts
    10,344
    Thanks
    5,408
    Thanked 8,143 Times in 2,469 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Hopefully he doesnt wear a hoodie on his way into the arena for the National Championship game. He might get shot if he does.
    Riding YOUR bicycle no less...

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:


  16. #43
    Veteran Walter White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,994
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 2,392 Times in 961 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    It is most likely for Anthony Davis to be the next Bert.


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Walter White For This Useful Post:


  18. #44
    Rising Star MRMsix6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Thanks
    912
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,161 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    Quote Originally Posted by WarAdmiral View Post
    Davis is special. Look at how many tattoos he has. He is not an attention grabber or a follower. He is very, very coach-able. He is a special low maintenance kid, a lot like our own Kyrie in that sense. IMO.
    Kyrie has some ink. What are you trying to say?

    What about this guy?


    hmm, conveniently fitting the outline of a jersey

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to MRMsix6 For This Useful Post:


  20. #45
    Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    13,848
    Thanks
    10,083
    Thanked 19,384 Times in 4,785 Posts

    Default Re: is it likely for Anthony Davis to be next Hasheem Thabeet or Kwame/Olowokandi?

    This reminds me of the deleted scene from Scarface... "In Columbia, first you get the unibrow... then you get the power... then you get the women."
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •