Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Wow fantastic read L-Train. I am aboard the MKG train. I really believe that when it comes down to winning time you need high-quality leaders if your team will ever reach their potential.

You need guys that will set an example and also hold other players to a higher standard. Derek Fisher is doing so for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

We are ready know that Alonzo is a hard worker, same with Tristan and Andy. We have an emerging young superstar closer in Kyrie who also seems like an incredibly smart, hard working talent. If we end up drafting Mike the butterfly effect could spread to any and all players that we draft in the future. Let that sink in for a minute.

That means that all the young and impressionable rookies that we bring in from this point out will have an extremely strong mentorship group that will not let them coast in the NBA. This eventually could end up helping the young guns realize their true potential. That type of wisdom and leadership simply is invaluable.

What is crazy about Mike is that you just don't know what kind of player he could eventually work himself into. Even with that broken jumpshot now, with his work ethic! I have no doubt in my mind that he will improve that. He also seems like a quiet kid that is not all about buying Rolls-Royce's and hanging out in the strip clubs all the time. He genuinely gives a fuck about the game of basketball and not the lifestyle of the NBA, which is sadly all the norm these days. I'd draft a guy based solely off that fact because for every Ray Allen you have 50 Nick Young's.

I see a little prime time Shawn Marion, some Bruce Bowen and a little Dennis Rodman in Gilchrist. He's going to be fantastic. Not flashy, but his intangibles and heart are off the charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Please God, let us get the #2 pick!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warriorsz32 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

I want him. I don't care if the Cavs have to trade Varejao, Gee, and their pick just to get the #2. I want this kid playing for the Cavs (unless, of course, the Cavs land the #1 spot).

Thanks

changed my avi from the barnes picture, want this guy.

cant wait to see him in a cavs uni

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

MKG is going to be a unique player. Still a bit concerned about the ability to shoot from the outside.

Rookie
    Thanks

I've seen MKG listed at 232 lbs, but that's supposedly 5 lbs heavier than Tristan Thompson and 2 inches shorter. Look at pictures of these guys, there's no way MKG is 232 if Tristan is 227. MKG does play like he's 230 though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,593 Times in 1,129 Posts

that article single-handedly jumped MKG above Beal for me

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

We already knew that he was grounded, was a hard worker, and that he is Kyrie's freind/high school teammate. Those three things lead me to believe that he should e the 2nd pick regardless of who has the 2nd. He and Davis are the only two I would take over Drummond.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

I said long ago I think this kid has the "it' factor to make him the eventual best pick in the draft. Yep, I know 99.99% of America calls me crazy, but I simply cannot deny this kid. But, actually, the more doubters the better. He's the perfect fit for this city. Fuck the team. He fits the city. He wants a chip on his shoulder. He wants you to not believe in him. That's Cleveland personified. He wants you to doubt his jumper. I love it. Guys like this make bad teams good and good teams great.

He has no ego. He has no brand. He wants to be great. He wants to be the best. You pair him with KI and this turns into the hardest working team in the NBA. We instantly become a top 8 defensive team. The Cavs become one of the most well intentioned teams in the NBA. I know, that sounds like BS, but intention means a ton with a young, rebuilding squad. You develop a mentality of dedication like MKG's, KI's, TT's, Gee, etc and this becomes a very tough minded squad. By no means am I saying they are near enough talented to do anything, but it's a great start. It's how you build and it's a great setting to do it here in C Town.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,149 Times in 2,609 Posts

I want the #1 or #2, but the #3 is almost as good IMO. I obviously want Davis the most, but Beal and MKG are fantastic consolation prizes. I go back and forth between the two, but one of them will be available for us if we make the top 3. Please, God.

Pairing MKG and Kyrie would create a fantastic mentality on the team. We'd have two future stars who are best friends, hard workers, and great character guys. They would battle their hearts out for each other on the basketball court and that would set quite a standard for the rest of the guys.

In that way, MKG is an exciting prospect on many different levels.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,491 Times in 1,669 Posts

Mancrush reaching unhealthy proportions......I want him in a Cavs uni...but I've been hurt before.....
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,656 Times in 2,602 Posts

Time for Gilbert to send some whores to Stern to seal the deal for that #2 pick.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,592 Times in 497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Kinesis View Post
    Time for Gilbert to send some whores to Stern to seal the deal for that #2 pick.
    If we're wasting perfectly good whores on Stern, it better be for an upgrade to a single brow.

In exchange for #2, I'd be willing to go as far as securing Stern a night with the Mo Williams Cavs Girl.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ImWithDan For This Useful Post:

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 4,817 Posts

I say it every year and I'll say it again... why would 29 other multi-millionaires let another multi-millionaire buy a fixed lottery?
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,656 Times in 2,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    I say it every year and I'll say it again... why would 29 other multi-millionaires let another multi-millionaire buy a fixed lottery?
    Think of it like eBay.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post: