Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Cleveland Sports Homer DDJ7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    4,720
    Thanks
    6,310
    Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Works in Texas. Had me an $8 pizza.

  2. #32
    Slice & Dice SuperSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    6,135
    Thanks
    5,273
    Thanked 6,518 Times in 2,166 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    It worked in Sanford when I tried it. 32771
    Fat ass...

  3. #33
    Needles and Pins WellYouNeednt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,082
    Thanks
    2,675
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 739 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    Pizza elitists, lol.

    Love Papa Johns, but I'm in Columbus.
    Being a pizza elitist depends on where you live. Living in NYC for the past 4 years has morphed me into an elitist. Im sorry, but NYC and Chicago do have the best pizza. I will never order from a chain for the rest of my life.

  4. #34
    All Star -Akronite-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,364
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 417 Times in 168 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    I have had New York and Chicago pizza. It's fantastic. National chains do alright, and it's usually WAYYY cheaper, but it's not the same.

    Although, I can't say that the big cities offer pizza that is as "head and shoulders" above the competition as they claim. Luigi's and Gionino's offer pizza as good as anywhere IMO. The elitists in their big towns just think it's better because they live there.

    Local pizza is usually really good pizza, regardless of the town. I've have stellar pizza in Akron, BG, Columbus, and (well, not stellar but quite good) in Western PA near the mountains.
    "Better look out dude.. Akronite just pissed out your arguments entirely.. They're laying over there in the 'epic fail' corner, soaking in logical urine. You better get a towel, bro."
    -Gourimoko

  5. #35
    Needles and Pins WellYouNeednt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,082
    Thanks
    2,675
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 739 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by -Akronite- View Post
    I have had New York and Chicago pizza. It's fantastic. National chains do alright, and it's usually WAYYY cheaper, but it's not the same.

    Although, I can't say that the big cities offer pizza that is as "head and shoulders" above the competition as they claim. Luigi's and Gionino's offer pizza as good as anywhere IMO. The elitists in their big towns just think it's better because they live there.

    Local pizza is usually really good pizza, regardless of the town. I've have stellar pizza in Akron, BG, Columbus, and (well, not stellar but quite good) in Western PA near the mountains.
    I see your point, the only reason i feel i was able to form an unbiased opinion is because i grew up in Ohio and had my share of chain and local. I visit family frequently and usually have a pie when i am there. I still feel like the best pizza [i] have had is in NYC. Lived in Nashville for a year and have to say a joint called 'Mellow Mushroom' was pretty fuckin' good. Lived in Connecticut as well and could not find a decent pie to save my life.

  6. #36
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,282
    Thanks
    24,727
    Thanked 28,872 Times in 9,228 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaCavsFan View Post
    Fat ass...
    I just tested it. I ended up going with Pizza Hut instead. Much healthier...
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  7. #37
    Rookie JustWine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 62 Times in 23 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by WellYouNeednt View Post
    I see your point, the only reason i feel i was able to form an unbiased opinion is because i grew up in Ohio and had my share of chain and local. I visit family frequently and usually have a pie when i am there. I still feel like the best pizza [i] have had is in NYC. Lived in Nashville for a year and have to say a joint called 'Mellow Mushroom' was pretty fuckin' good. Lived in Connecticut as well and could not find a decent pie to save my life.
    Mellow mushroom is damn good. However, it's a chain. One in cbus now.

  8. #38
    Needles and Pins WellYouNeednt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,082
    Thanks
    2,675
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 739 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by JustWine View Post
    Mellow mushroom is damn good. However, it's a chain. One in cbus now.
    Mellow Mushroom is a chain? I had no fucking clue. Mostly a Midwest and Southern chain?

  9. #39
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,282
    Thanks
    24,727
    Thanked 28,872 Times in 9,228 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    I dislike Mellow Mushroom. Crust is too sweet and not crusty enough. I like authentic New York style (thin, greasy, limited sauce) and authentic deep-dish Chicago style. Anything outside of those two- like Mellow- I dislike.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:


  11. #40
    Needles and Pins WellYouNeednt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,082
    Thanks
    2,675
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 739 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    I dislike Mellow Mushroom. Crust is too sweet and not crusty enough. I like authentic New York style (thin, greasy, limited sauce) and authentic deep-dish Chicago style. Anything outside of those two- like Mellow- I dislike.
    Chicago style is amazing. A few summers ago my brother and i took my Dad to Chicago for a Tribe-Cubs game [Wrigley is amazing] over a weekend. We went to a pizza place--and my God was it amazing. It was like eating a pie. The crust was so thick and flaky--one of the most amazing slices of pizza i have ever had.

    On a side note--Chicago is the smaller, cleaner and friendlier version of NYC. Really love that city.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WellYouNeednt For This Useful Post:


  13. #41
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,282
    Thanks
    24,727
    Thanked 28,872 Times in 9,228 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Lou Malnati's is the best in Chi-town.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  14. #42
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    7,621
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    pizza hut is hands down the best ever since domino's changed their mind shattering recipe.
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  15. #43
    Ohdang Helicopter Race Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - London Champion Ohdang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 668 Times in 274 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Quote Originally Posted by davek905 View Post
    pizza hut is hands down the best ever since domino's changed their mind shattering recipe.
    You thought Dominoes old recipe was the best? The one they changed because they admitted that it sucked and the only reason people ever bought Dominoes was because they could get it to you in like 15 minutes? And you think Pizza Hut is the best now? Oh man, someone needs to get this man a slice of real pizza, stat.
    "All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ohdang For This Useful Post:


  17. #44
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    7,621
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    im the only person that liked it,but i fucking loved dominoes.

    actually, oggis.. natedagg can attest to that. there is no better pizza.
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:


  19. #45
    Catch the wave Gary Barnidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    10,744
    Thanks
    3,930
    Thanked 8,528 Times in 3,396 Posts

    Default Re: 50% off Papa John's

    Best you can get in Cleveland is Mama Santa's in Little Italy, that's some good shit. Not nearly as good as the stuff you can get in New York though. While I think Chicago is a nicer city in general, I'm not a fan of Chicago style pizza. I love the big ass New York style slices that you have to fold. My sister used to live in NY and I would get pizza all the time when I visited.

    If we're talking chains, I like Sbarro the best just because it's New York style, even if it is shitty New York style.
    Ass pennies

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •