Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81
  1. #61
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,685
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    No, none of the experts like Parcells took them any earlier though...did they?

    So Floyd can't rise up the board and Wright fall at the same time? Is it just not feasible?

    It is what it is, I'm not even sure you have a point to prove here...

  2. #62
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,311
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    No, none of the experts like Parcells took them any earlier though...did they?

    So Floyd can't rise up the board and Wright fall at the same time? Is it just not feasible?

    It is what it is, I'm not even sure you have a point to prove here...
    They can, but will they? Probably not
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  3. #63
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,132
    Thanks
    5,352
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 712 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Yes, but the issue is you believe that GM's look at it as just a prospect. When in reality you don't have that. You have GM's/teams that need to fill holes. I always hear take the BPA, yeah that works sometimes. In Parcell's draft confidential last year he talked about this.

    This has nothing to do with what I think of Wright.

    Did any of these experts tell you Victor Cruz is a beast or that Foster (I know he would have likely been a 2nd round pick if he hadn't got hurt) should be a top 10 pick? Or that Shady McCoy should be picked in the top 10? What about Tom Brady? Didn't think so...

    No they said draft Ryan Leaf, J. Russell, William Green, Big Money Warren, Reggie Bush, Brady Quinn, ect...
    To be fair, the NFL teams by and large agreed with those draft experts on draft day. So the draft experts and NFL front offices tend to be on very similar pages. These guys are only prospects on draft days. Some guys will fail to meet their potential, and other guys will rise to a level most experts thought was out of their reach.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  4. #64
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,311
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Talm View Post
    To be fair, the NFL teams by and large agreed with those draft experts on draft day. So the draft experts and NFL front offices tend to be on very similar pages. These guys are only prospects on draft days. Some guys will fail to meet their potential, and other guys will rise to a level most experts thought was out of their reach.
    Is it really that hard to say oh this guy tore it up in college and he meets the metric requirements to be a good player?

    News flash draft expert is a joke job. If you went up to your boss and told him you screw things up 65% of the time, I'm pretty sure the company you work for would terminate you.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  5. #65
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,685
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Thank God we have you around to give us the real knowledge, like Chad Scott being signed as a free agent by the Pats as a reason for passing on running backs.

  6. #66
    Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    14,664
    Thanks
    11,166
    Thanked 22,213 Times in 5,309 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    I can say with certainty that a right offensive tackle will be the pick before the start of the third round. The Browns shocked everyone by targeting Phil Taylor a little earlier than everyone expected after cutting a veteran defensive tackle, but having the last laugh as he ended up being a great value pick. I see the same scenario happening this year. There is no way the Browns...

    1. Cut a serviceable veteran right tackle
    2. Do not attempt to sign a new right tackle
    3. Choose to wait until day two of the draft to draft the starting right tackle

    That chain of events gets a front office fired if either the protection or running game fails.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

  7. #67
    Catch the wave Yanni Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,919
    Thanks
    4,122
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    In all of my "mocks" I had the Browns going essentially all offense (some combo of RB, WR, RT). The more I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if they jumped on a DE. Do the really feel comfortable going into the year with Frostee Rucker as their starting DE? I mean, he's probably an upgrade over Mitchell but that doesn't say a whole lot.
    Ass pennies

  8. #68
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,132
    Thanks
    5,352
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 712 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    If the Browns really have a high grade on Weeden, I'd love to see them go with Randle or Hill at 22, Weeden at 37, and trade into the mid-2nd round to grab one of Bobbie Massie or Brandon Brooks.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  9. #69
    Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chardon, OH
    Posts
    5,651
    Thanks
    3,497
    Thanked 5,490 Times in 1,908 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Talm View Post
    If the Browns really have a high grade on Weeden, I'd love to see them go with Randle or Hill at 22, Weeden at 37, and trade into the mid-2nd round to grab one of Bobbie Massie or Brandon Brooks.
    ^^^
    This is what I expect the Browns to do Thurs and Fri.
    Richardson at 4
    Best WR available at 22
    Weeden at 37 or even trade up to get him
    Trade back into 2nd round to get Massie or Schwartz

  10. #70
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,132
    Thanks
    5,352
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 712 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Is it really that hard to say oh this guy tore it up in college and he meets the metric requirements to be a good player?

    News flash draft expert is a joke job. If you went up to your boss and told him you screw things up 65% of the time, I'm pretty sure the company you work for would terminate you.
    I think the draft guru's job, more than anything else, is to predict how team scouts have players rated, and give a representation of how the draft will play out. The scouts are the guys who are getting paid to actually pick the prospects who are most likely to succeed, and it is the coach's job to develop a prospect and train him to reach his potential.

    It's not as simple as you make it out to be. Love it or hate it, the draft gurus do a decent job of outlining the draft. At the end of the day though, I value the guys my team picks over the guys the gurus say we should have picked. Our scouts know our team better than the guys who's job is only to monitor the draft as a general process.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  11. #71
    Team Player JayDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 171 Times in 78 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    One of these picks need to be spent on the defensive front 7. We were 30th in league against the run last year.

  12. #72
    Needles and Pins WellYouNeednt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,246
    Thanks
    2,903
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 810 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Doc--your avatar freaks me out. I can not look at these boards in the dark because of you. Seriously.

  13. #73
    Catch the wave Yanni Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,919
    Thanks
    4,122
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by WellYouNeednt View Post
    Doc--your avatar freaks me out. I can not look at these boards in the dark because of you. Seriously.
    I think it's hysterical. I randomly found a whole series of avatars with Bean's face shopped on.
    Ass pennies

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,954
    Thanks
    1,213
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Kendall Wright in the 3rd round? Basing that purely off his body fat? Every time I saw Baylor play, Kendall Wright jumped out as an absolute difference maker. I thought of Steve Smith numerous times. If he's there at 37, thats an easy pick for the Browns.

  15. #75
    Rising Star *L-Train*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,648
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 594 Posts

    Default Re: 22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Kendall Wright in the 3rd round? Basing that purely off his body fat? Every time I saw Baylor play, Kendall Wright jumped out as an absolute difference maker. I thought of Steve Smith numerous times. If he's there at 37, thats an easy pick for the Browns.
    Profootballweekly also stated that Wright’s body fat percentage was at 16 (presumably at the Combine), so I asked the wide receiver about that late last week.

    “One of the teams that I visited this week and gave me a physical, tested my body fat and said I had 8.4 percent,” Wright said.
    didn't buy those reports from the beginning. sounded like a typical rumor a team in the 2nd round would leak in the hope that he falls somehow....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •