Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: A close look at pick 24 options

Wroten interests me because his ability to play some PG would allow Kyrie to play off the ball some and give us two guys that can start the break.

I also like Jones for our SF position.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jason436 For This Useful Post:

6th Man
    Thanks

Royce White, if he's still there. The "red flags" have been over-rated. The dude has a phobia of flying, that's it. There was an unsubstantiated charge against him early in his college career that was thrown out. From all that I've heard and read, he's made some mistakes but a good dude. I hope the red flag stuff scares folks because he's a solid player.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    I second Quincy Miller. The guy gas a very high upside and can shoot and score in a variety of ways. At 6'9" withca 7'4" wingspan, he has monster size for a small forward and more length than almost all NBA power forwards and even some centers.
    Problem is that he will be gone in the lottery, and if not, without a doubt before 24.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,541 Posts

Got to say I'm intrigued by Royce White as well. Probably the most unique game coming out of college right: Boris Diaw mixed with a Big Baby Davis size of body.

Overall I'd be happy with a lot of options that maybe available. In addition to White, Moultrie and Fournier would be great. If we luck into MKG, Fournier at the other wing spot would be a nice complement. MKG would take care of the D while Fournier would have the offense
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Gold Star Member
    Thanks

If we get #1 or #2 I go hard after a second player.

If we get #1 Davis, I could see MKG dropping to 3 or 4 (Possibly Drummond and Robinson go ahead of him). I would go Balls out for MKG/Beal/Lamb/Barnes/Miller. For MKG I'd trade AV/Lakers Pick/plus our unprotected #1 next year, I'd move AV/plus Lakers pick for a shot at Lamb/Barnes/Miller/maybe even Rivers.

If we got #2 and MKG, go all out for Beal or Lamb. I think they could drop farther and would cost less. I hope we're aggressive this draft regardless.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheISHT For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper JawJuttinAsasin's Avatar
    Thanks

Royce is a lot like Lamar Odom imo. Diaw a good comp too. Not too many guys that size with that skillset.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,376 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheISHT View Post
    If we get #1 or #2 I go hard after a second player.

If we get #1 Davis, I could see MKG dropping to 3 or 4 (Possibly Drummond and Robinson go ahead of him). I would go Balls out for MKG/Beal/Lamb/Barnes/Miller. For MKG I'd trade AV/Lakers Pick/plus our unprotected #1 next year, I'd move AV/plus Lakers pick for a shot at Lamb/Barnes/Miller/maybe even Rivers.

If we got #2 and MKG, go all out for Beal or Lamb. I think they could drop farther and would cost less. I hope we're aggressive this draft regardless.
    Good luck with that one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gimme Some Mo For This Useful Post:

mds

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JawJuttinAsasin View Post
    Royce is a lot like Lamar Odom imo. Diaw a good comp too. Not too many guys that size with that skillset.
    Maybe, but he has Delonte in him. I think we pass. This is a deep draft. We can find better risk rewards. I like Evan Fournier as a euro stash. But have to consider doron lamb if he is still around or Wroten. We have gee, I could see us taking Draymond green or Orlando johnson in the second round, stashing Evan over the pond, especially if we pick up Drummond or Davis.

I don't think Jones is on our radar at 6 or higher. Unless he passes Barnes in the various camps....we'll see, we'll see.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

Our first pick will determine what happens at #24. If they take a SF, they're not going to take on again. No BPA BS. We have too many holes.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

Any problems taking D. Green from Michigan St at 24 or does he last into the 2nd? Seen as a 'tweener' on some draft boards but damn he can play. "Point Forward" or something like that.
    WHEN WE FINALLY WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.......WE WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 487 Posts

Default Re: A close look at pick 24 options (2nd First Round Pick talk only)

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    Recap- Dream Draft- Win lotto get Anthony Davis, and use 24 and future 1st rounders to nab Terrence Ross. That would give us three future all stars iin the starting lineup in my opinion and a legit chance to become a top 3 seed in 2-3 years. Please give me your detailed feedback, if you have also watched a lot of college basketball, and looked at these players, and not just read the scouting reports online.

Lets keep this thread on track for the next 60 days until draft night,and not mix it with debate about our 1st pick. Now, I realize the options at 24 and 33 and 34 may have some guys that blend into both. But, I am going to leave the 2nd round break down to to others for now.
    That has been my dream scenario for some time... Basically since the first couple weeks of the college basketball season. I've had my eye on Ross since last season and he got exponentially better this year. He has really all of the qualities you look for in a prospect... Nice size for a 2, nice stroke from the outside, moves well off of the ball, and has extreme athleticism. He is such a nice prospect, imo, I will be a little surprised if he stays in that 17-20 range that he seems to be stuck in right now. I'd take him over a guy like Austin Rivers in a millisecond. I have him right there with Jeremy Lamb, who will likely go in the 8-12 range.

I have very little interest in Austin Rivers, especially in a backcourt with Kyrie Irving... don't like that idea at all. The same goes for Terrence Jones. His game grew on me this year, but I don't see him being a SF on the next level. He seems like a natural 4 to me and his game wouldn't mesh well with Tristan, imo.

I would be good with Meyers Leonard, assuming we don't go Davis or Drummond with our first pick.

Jeff Taylor is a guy that I'd like to target if we couldn't get a deal for Ross done. I like his game would work very well next to Kyrie and he will bring a little more experience than what we are used to with high draft picks. So, in a trade-up scenario, I'd go:

1. Terrence Ross
    2. Meyers Leonard
    3. Jeff Taylor

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedBlackAttack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,593 Times in 1,129 Posts

would love to get Doron Lamb in the second round

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KCOTT For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

So he'll only play home games?

Roughly 41 flights next year.

Maybe he can bus around to where and when schedule permits and catch about 2/3 the season.

Will be tough travelling back and forth out west when we reach the finals.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RTrees For This Useful Post:

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 981 Posts

I think his team will just follow the example of the worlds greatest team, who also had a key cog that was scared of flying

"Now you see me and now you get it in your face!" AC

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sawduzt For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    Our first pick will determine what happens at #24. If they take a SF, they're not going to take on again. No BPA BS. We have too many holes.
    That's when you go BPA.

Do you really want to wait until we have a single glaring need and then go BPA?

Edit: I understand your point and am not necessarily condoning taking SF's at #1 & #24. Just saying - the logic is a little silly.
    Last edited by Henry Tuttle; 04-30-2012 at 11:14 AM.