- Dec 6, 2007
- Reaction score
I think Thomas is a step above Wirfs, Jackson and Leatherwood. Those guys are maybe a touch ahead of Wanogho.How far ahead is Thomas then the rest? it seems after 2 terrible years of tackles in the draft this one is loaded. Seems u have 12 to 15 guys going in first 2 rounds--Jackson USC, Little Stanford, Adams Was, Throckmorton Ore, Leatherwood AL, Wirfs Iowa, Jackson Iowa, Wanagho Aub, Durant Miss, Niang TCU, Beckton Louis. Would love to see Browns take 2 in 1st 2 rounds or take one early and take one late like Trey Smith(with health concerns).
Thomas is just so, so ready. He's got everything. Pure plug and play.
Guys I think will wind up going in R1/R2:
Prince Tega Wanogho
Others who could work their way into that mix:
Jeudy.Delpit or Jeudy if you have needs at both??
He's still just 20 years old, won't turn 21 until around the combine.
Just an unbelievable all-around prospect. Needs to be more consistent with his hands, but he's going to be a monster.
Okudah by a slight margin for me. Physicality sets him apart from the rest of this class. I think Diggs fits in well with Adebo from Stanford, Shaun Wade from tOSU and AJ Terrell from Clemson.Okudah or Diggs??
Young. One of the best prospects I've ever seen regardless of position.Young or Thomas??
Haven't felt this way about a prospect since Adrian Peterson came into the league.
Burrow.Burrow or Fields(if he could come out)??
Fields has a ways to go refining his delivery and arm motion, as well as his calmness and footwork in the pocket under pressure.
Don't think this one is particularly close, I am super high on Burrow as a pro prospect.
Love the questions, sorry its taken me a while to respond.How do u rank ur QBs?
Love Utah St
Ehlinger Tex--I really like taking a chance on him in 3rd round
sorry for so many questions AZ. I like the draft.
How I rank the QBs:
1. Burrow - Clearly out in front of the pack, by a wide margin for me.
2. Kellen Mond - Likely not going to be a popular opinion. Quick release, top notch arm strength. All the physical tools you want in a QB. Can make the off-platform throws with ease, really excels at it. Needs to get better with his touch, when to loft over coverage vs. planting it on his receiver. Makes some questionable decisions that are rather dangerous without the touch he needs. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in school, but I think he could work his way into the R1 mix in a weak QB class.
3. Herbert - Day 2 guy for me who will certainly be drafted on 1. Not nearly ready for the NFL, a developmental prospect who needs to acclimate himself with eye discipline and understanding reads.
4. Love - Another developmental prospect I wouldn't touch on Day 1, though he may get drafted there. Flashes signs of great footwork and the ability to make throws down the field with precision. Lacking in great coaching or understanding coverages. Makes way too many mistakes.
5. Tua - Just not impressed with his footwork, reaction to pressure, decision making. Has the best supporting cast and pair of tackles in college football, yet consistently puts himself in trouble.
6. Cole McDonald - Hawaii prospect, good athlete who can move around and deliver off-plane and within an RPO scheme. Later round guy who I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs around.
7. Fromm/Eason - Barely draftable guys for me. Slow-footed, inconsistent, little sign that either can manipulate defenses or be accurate on a regular basis.
Hurts/Ehnlinger - Not draftable