Love it, but I drafted Dilone in the 21st round. Saw that speed potential off the bench and had to pounce on it.SP
'84 Bert Blyleven, 7.2 bWAR
'82 Rick Sutcliffe, 5.7 bWAR
'00 Chuck Finley, 4.5 bWAR
'89 Bud Black, 4.0 bWAR
'82 Len Barker, 3.6 bWAR
'19 Nick Wittgren, 1.0 bWAR
'14 Kyle Crockett, 1.1 bWAR
'11 Tony Sipp, 1.3 bWAR
'17 Tyler Olson, 1.3 bWAR
'17 Zach McAllister, 1.4 bWAR
'19 Tyler Clippard, 1.4 bWAR
'89 Jesse Orosco, 2.7 bWAR
1. '80 Miguel Dilone, DH - .341/.371/.432 2.9 fWAR
2. '03 Milton Bradley, CF - .321/.421/.501 4.1 fWAR
3. '84 George Vukovich, RF - .304/.354/.439 3.9 fWAR
4. '04 Ben Broussard, 1B - .275/.370/.488 2.1 fWAR
5. '03 Jody Gerut, LF - .279/.336/.494 3.2 fWAR
6. '89 Jerry Browne, 2B - .299/.370/.390 3.8 fWAR
7. '01 Russell Branyan, 3B - .232/.316/.486 0.5 fWAR
8. '08 Kelly Shoppach, C - .261/.348/.517 3.0 fWAR
9. '86 Cory Snyder, SS - .272/.299/.500 1.1 fWAR
'89 Felix Fermin, SS - 1.3 fWAR
Best defensive metrics by a SS not named Omar or Francisco. I will need him in late-game situations to replace Snyder.
'11 Jack Hannahan, 3B - 2.4 fWAR
Gret defensive 3B. He will be needed to replace Branyan late in games.
'16 Tyler Naquin, OF - 2.1 fWAR
Good pinch-hitting option, and capable defender.
- Some guys had better seasons than the ones I used, but I wanted to stay true to the positions where I would be using them. For example, Branyan and Snyder both had better offensive seasons for the Indians, but they did not play 3B or SS in those seasons.
- I used bWAR for pitchers and fWAR for hitters because it is generally understood that those are the more accurate metrics for each. fWAR uses FIP which is more of a predictor of future performance than a measure of actual performance.
- This was tough with so many guys gone, and me hell-bent on not using anyone prior to 1980. I used quite a few one-season wonders.
What are you talking about? I have Jorge Orta in my lead-off spot.I'm working on finishing the google drive file and writing up my team review. I'll also send my vote over to Derek so we can keep it anonymous when I get a chance.
Love it, but I drafted Dilone in the 21st round. Saw that speed potential off the bench and had to pounce on it.
I'm using everybody's splits from their best overall season.