Loyal Unionist (AKA King Stannis)
- Jul 12, 2014
- Reaction score
Was just my daughter (8) and me for Christmas week/dinner. When she's with me, we try to make as much as we can from scratch.
This time we made:
- Mac n cheese - so much better then anything frozen or from a box
- Shredded beef tacos in a chipotle sauce
- Sugar cookies
- Gingerbread cookies/house with homemade royal and buttercream icing - The house was a disaster. I need better shaping tools to make sure the sides are flat or at least a form that keeps the shapes the right size.
- Pizza - dough and sauce
- Christmas dinner:
- Prime Rib roast - did sous vide for 7 hours at 133 then cooled it and rubbed it with compound butter before heat blasting it for 15 minutes.
- Homemade Mashed
- Blanched and sauteed green beans
- Crepes - made the batter and the whipped cream.
That sounds great!
I also did the Prime Rib for Christmas Eve. Slightly different prep. Set oven to 500 and roasted for 20 minutes and then turned off the heat and let it sit in there for 2 hours. It came out perfect.
Did a turkey for Christmas. Came out perfect as usual.