Your job is to Attack
- Apr 18, 2005
- Reaction score
Minnesota Timberwolves (3-4) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (6-2)
Friday, November 17, 2006
QUICKEN LOANS ARENA
TV: FSNOhio, NBALP
Radio : WTAM 1100
Dwane Casey / Mike Brown
Mike James / Eric Snow
Ricky Davis / Savior
Trenton Hassell / LeBron James
Kevin Garnett / Drew Gooden
Mark Blount / Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Cleveland Cavaliers Bench
Damon Jones/Donyell Marshall/Scot Pollard/David Wesley/Shannon Brown/Daniel Gibson
Minnesota Timberwolves' Bench
Randy Foye/Troy Hudson/Marko Polo/MC Hammer/Craig Smith
- Hassell: Averaging 9.3 pts (57%) in 3 wins, 3.5 pts (33%) in losses.
- Garnett: 5.7 assists and 3 steals in last 3 games, averaging 7.9 FTAs per game this season :gap:
- Blount: Season high 10 boards on 11/6 at Sacramento; shooting 58% on road
- Davis: Leads Minny in assists (5.1) - season high 27 pts Tuesday vs. Portland
- James: Avg 17.5 pts (45.5%) on road; 11.7 pts (42%) at home :thumbdown
- During our current 4 game winning streak, we are averaging 102.3 points on 48% shooting and giving up just 92.5 points on 44% shooting. During that stretch, we rank 4th in the league in points allowed and 6th in FG percentage defense. Yea for Brown's system!!!
- We are off to a 6-2 start for the second consecutive season. Last season, we started 9-2. Wowsers!!!
- We have NOT been outrebounded yet this season and we are currently tied for second in the NBA in rebounds per game (44.9).
- Next: At Washington Wizards, Saturday, Nov 18th, 7:30 EST.
- Last year, the series was split. We lost 89-85 on Nov. 26th behind Garnett's 26 points - he hit a tie-breaking jumper in the final minute. We won on Feb. 8th, with LeBron netting 35 points, 11 boards and 8 assists.
- Minny has won 10 of its last 14 meetings against us. However, the Wolves are 5-2 in their last 7 trips to Cleveland, so they've had our number at home. We lead the overall series 19-13
ChicagoCavFan's Keys to the Game
- We have to pick up the slack for Larry Hughes. His energy will be missed for a few games. Sasha will have to play aggressive, and stay out of foul trouble. Maybe we'll also see more minutes for Shannon Brown.
- Can Z get going? Not sure, but Mark Blount shouldn't be too difficult of a task. With Larry out, maybe we'll make more of an effort to get him involved, making the game a bit slower.
- Keep Garnett from dominating. Drew draws a tough assignment. AV, IMO, is a good matchup with Kevin. He has the quickness to stay with him. Will he fall for Kevin's fakes though? Stay disciplined on defense. Donyell should extend his defense out to the perimeter, opening up the lanes a bit.
- Sasha vs. Ricky Davis. I think this will be a fun matchup to watch. I like Sasha's improvements on the defensive end - Davis will present a challenge for him. On the other end, I can see Sasha giving Ricky a run for his money. Will be fun.
I DO NOT PREDICT.