• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Are we totally sure they are genetic experiments? The ending of Winter Soldier was ambiguous as to their origins. They were just referred to as "miracles," which means they could have their powers naturally.

What I wish more than anything was that Marvel had been smarter about selling off their big franchises early on and limiting the amount of movies that could be made before re-negotiation. It's really coming back to bite them now that they are making great movies but can't use most of their best and most popular characters.

Lets Be Cops - 7.5/10

Some really funny moments. Some kinda blah moments. Overall, pretty funny and worth the watch.

I wish I could get into superhero movies, but I just can't. Superman, X-Men and the more rando characters just have no appeal for me. I'd much rather see war or Arnold shit.

I think part of it is the relentless hype and the rest is that I prefer the characters in stories to be unknown prior to being introduced to them in the movie. It makes their decisions more unpredictable.

28 year old "man" :chuckles: and I am man enough to admit 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' is a pretty damn good movie.

I'll readily admit I've enjoyed chick flicks before, but 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' was so bad I'd rather chop off my nuts then watch it again. Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson are so God damn overrated it irritates me to no end, if it wasn't for Almost Famous/Dazed and Confused I could honestly say I've hated every movie they've ever been in.

Choke on a dick McConaughey, you're a fucking hack.

I wish I could get into superhero movies, but I just can't. Superman, X-Men and the more rando characters just have no appeal for me. I'd much rather see war or Arnold shit.

I think part of it is the relentless hype and the rest is that I prefer the characters in stories to be unknown prior to being introduced to them in the movie. It makes their decisions more unpredictable.

Did you read comics as a child?

Did you read comics as a child?

Never. In fact, if I wasn't watching sports, it was Ren&Stimpy (favorite)/Rugrats/Doug/Ahh Real Monsters/Rocco lineup in the morning, TMNT and GI Joe after that and and Snick in the eve, I watched a lot of action movies with my dad. That meant a lot of Arnold/Sly/Van Damme/Segal/Willis stuff back when action was in the one man vs the world franchise phase.

Last edited:
I've never been able to mix horror and comedy. Like, sometimes it works when done really well like "From Dusk Til Dawn" or "Shaun of the Dead," but usually these movies aren't my cup of tea.

Again, for the same reasons you mentioned, they are too "cheesy."

There really aren't too many half decent zombie movies off late - That anything that seems kinfa decent actually seems awesome. Did you like the Horde?

X-Men: Days of Future Past - It was an enjoyable X-Men flick. You pretty much know what you're getting into when you start the movie, and it remains consistent with the better installments of the franchise (read: not X-Men 3). I definitely liked the blending of the original trilogy's stars with the ones from First Class. I'm still not sure why Anna Paquin was listed so high in the end credits, though. I don't recall her being in a single scene except for one at the very end of the movie. I was a little sad that Quicksilver wasn't in more of the movie. His action scene near the beginning was one of the best.

Overall: Solid superhero movie that's worth a watch. 8/10

Riddick - I feel like this movie was basically just a remake of Pitch Black. Riddick, check. Johns, check. Stranded on a dangerous alien planet, check. People hunting him that end up being hunted themselves, check. Scary aliens that only come out in the dark, check. It was an entertaining movie, but it just had a "been there, done that" feel to it. Riddick remains a fun, interesting character and Vin Diesel continues to play him perfectly. I'm just struggling to see what the point of this movie was aside from just existing. It didn't really advance the main story established at the beginning (Riddick's search for his home world, Furya), and at the end of the movie Riddick is pretty much exactly where he was when it started, or at least during the flashbacks shortly after it started. It was still better than the awful Chronicles of Riddick, and I wasn't bored while watching it, but I was hoping for something a little more original.

Overall: If you like Riddick, I'd recommend giving it a watch. It's a decent sci-fi action movie that mostly stands on the strength of Diesel's character. 6/10

The last 2 X-Men installments have saved that franchise. First Class was a much needed change in direction and Days of Future Past allows them to correct the mistakes of Last Stand. I'm really looking forward to the Apocalypse movie they have in the works.

The last 2 X-Men installments have saved that franchise. First Class was a much needed change in direction and Days of Future Past allows them to correct the mistakes of Last Stand. I'm really looking forward to the Apocalypse movie they have in the works.

My only concern is that they are again, going back in time to the 80s, after the last movie showed that everything was okay in a post-X3 (which never happened) timeline. So now we know, whatever happens, everything is going to be just fine... I think that sucks. I understand wanting to justify using the new cast and not the old one (for obvious reasons), but they should've considered that during the previous film.

Instead of ending up with Wolverine waking up in the modern era, he should've been stuck in the 70s and forced to relive that time period. To prevent inconsistencies, Professor X could've locked away his memories until a certain date; that way he would be reliving things as if they were the first time. Then show the X-Men in the future being killed by the sentinels prior to Wolverine waking up again in the past. This would've been a better solution to send off the old cast and stick solely with the new characters; because at this point it is no longer believable to have both casts who are so very different.

Frankly, I cannot wait until Fox's contract with Marvel runs it's course.

The issue is that that might never happen.

From Kevin Feige:

“Well, I've gotten into the habit of saying never say never, because when I was starting with Lauren [Shuler Donner, producer] on the first X-Men movie, if you'd said 'You'll do The Avengers someday', I would not have believed you.

But the contracts are such that as long as they keep making those movies, they can keep making those movies. So I don't see that changing any time soon. Anything's possible, but as long as they keep making the movies, and the movies keep doing well, I don't know what offer they could accept.”

The same goes for Spider-Man, by the way. As long as Sony and Fox keep making movies within a specific time-frame, they keep the rights to the properties. I honestly have no idea why Marvel was dumb enough to structure the contracts that way, but it is what it is now.

My only concern is that they are again, going back in time to the 80s, after the last movie showed that everything was okay in a post-X3 (which never happened) timeline. So now we know, whatever happens, everything is going to be just fine... I think that sucks. I understand wanting to justify using the new cast and not the old one (for obvious reasons), but they should've considered that during the previous film.

Instead of ending up with Wolverine waking up in the modern era, he should've been stuck in the 70s and forced to relive that time period. To prevent inconsistencies, Professor X could've locked away his memories until a certain date; that way he would be reliving things as if they were the first time. Then show the X-Men in the future being killed by the sentinels prior to Wolverine waking up again in the past. This would've been a better solution to send off the old cast and stick solely with the new characters; because at this point it is no longer believable to have both casts who are so very different.

I've seen the "we've seen that everything will be ok" criticism, and I understand it, but it's not exactly a spoiler that things are ultimately going to end up ok in a superhero movie.

There are still plenty of unseen characters for them to kill off :chuckles:

I'm just looking forward to seeing and Apocalypse story hit the big screen. It would be great if Mister Sinister could get involved too as I heard that young Cyclops and Jean Grey would be in the new movie.

Sin CIty 2

Uggh. Outside of Eva Green being naked for about half of her screen time, it was pretty bad.

Godzilla - I don't know. I just found this movie pretty boring. It had some fun moments, and I enjoyed the monster throw-downs, but ultimately the movie just lacked interesting characters and spent too much time with ones that weren't. They also spent far too much time trying to explain the preposterous premise for the existence of the monsters and trying to make it seem realistic. I mean, does anyone go into Godzilla wanting a plausible scientific explanation for how Godzilla and the other monsters came to exist? Who the hell cares. Just show him destroying shit. The movie probably should have been titled "Brian Cranston's Boring Son," because that's what it was really about. I liked the dude in Kick-Ass, but he just seemed out of place here. Also, for a movie where presumably hundreds of thousands to millions of people died, this thing could have been rated PG. There is virtually no blood and the actual violence is minimal, which was a little disappointing for a movie about giant monsters destroying civilization. They didn't even take advantage of the one "fuck" they were allowed to use in their PG-13 rating.
Overall: 6/10. I deducted half a point because they stupidly didn't use Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla" in the end credits. I mean, come on!

300: Rise of an Empire - Dumb but entertaining, and I pretty much expected that going in. It's basically just a remake of 300, but with a less interesting cast of characters. The naval battles were ridiculous but fun, and provided a nice difference from the original movie. Lots of people die in ridiculously violent ways. Eva Green has nice tits and seems like she wants to show them off in every movie she's in now, which is fine with me. Unlike ScarJo she smartly starting flashing them before they started sagging. Good call.
Overall: 7/10, but only because I wasn't expecting it to be good and was reasonably entertained. It's not a good movie, just dumb summer fun.

The Prestige - 8/10

Intriguing story. Crazy plot twists. Great acting and directing. All around good movie.

The prestige is such a great film and the crucible for all the batman Nolan films. Was my favourite Nolan movie until inception, have a feeling interstellar might be better.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."