• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New TV Series to watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So does anyone else have any idea what the fuck is actually happening on The Leftovers? I feel like people break down and cry like ten times an episode and half the time I honestly can't figure out why.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on. After every episode, I'm like "WTF?!" And I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing. :chuckles:

sad time for me when the only thing loading on my hulu series wise is the quest,,, sad sad times, Ive resorted to going on british teleivision show marathons.. Bty any means is a chore to watch i enjoyed misfits though

Man, that True Blood finale was fucking boring. The show hasn't exactly been great, well, ever, but I didn't expect literally nothing interesting to happen in the last episode, especially since it seemed like they were setting up Sookie to actually be in danger.

Not quite Dexter or Lost bad, but pretty damn awful.

Man, that True Blood finale was fucking boring. The show hasn't exactly been great, well, ever, but I didn't expect literally nothing interesting to happen in the last episode, especially since it seemed like they were setting up Sookie to actually be in danger.

Not quite Dexter or Lost bad, but pretty damn awful.

My sister asked me how it was, and all I said was "It was awful."
I wasn't expecting much, as it seemed to be terrible after season 3. But it was so neatly wrapped up.
It goes down for me as one of the worst finales ever. Right up there with Weeds and Oz. (Haven't seen Lost or Dexter)

My sister asked me how it was, and all I said was "It was awful."
I wasn't expecting much, as it seemed to be terrible after season 3. But it was so neatly wrapped up.
It goes down for me as one of the worst finales ever. Right up there with Weeds and Oz. (Haven't seen Lost or Dexter)

That entire Yakuza subplot really felt like a waste of time when Eric and Pam magically dealt with all the heavily armed Asians in about five seconds. They also set up that entire "Sookie in danger" moment at the end of the second to last episode that went fucking nowhere. Just all around a really bad episode.

Okay.. House of Cards question: I'm up to S02E07. Before I got to this point, I had heard murmurs that the show was becoming a hyperbolized farce, lacking credibility, realism and struggling between the parameters of "are we a show based on humor or serious politics?".

So far this season, I've become overly impatient and extremely disinterested by the plot lines, the ever-confusing legal jargon and the over-dramatized actions of an apparent Vice President.

For those who finished season 2, is it even worth finishing? I hate finishing shows midway through a season (only done it once before) but I'm starting to get the feeling that this is where it's heading. Thoughts?

I think the way to watch a show is wait till its over and binge-watch, because I got done with the entire series of True Blood in 1 month and I watched the last episode like 12 hours ago and I am still thinking of it. What the fuck am I gonna do an hour before bed without an episode?

Some episodes to get started:

Season 4, Episode 24: "Manos" The Hands of Fate
Season 9, Episode 10: The Final Sacrifice
Season 3, Episode 21: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Season 9, Episode 04: Werewolf
Season 8, Episode 16: Prince of Space

Or any of these:
http://www.hulu.com/mystery-science-theater-3000

You can also watch several episodes on Amazon or Netflix.

The order of the episodes does not matter. There's not much of a story, each episode is pretty standalone, though there is something of a plot arc. (Each episode is around 90 minutes, by the way). I have a feeling most people that are interested in hilariously,cheesy, bad movies have already seen this.. This show isn't for everyone! But, boy, is it for me!

Okay.. House of Cards question: I'm up to S02E07. Before I got to this point, I had heard murmurs that the show was becoming a hyperbolized farce, lacking credibility, realism and struggling between the parameters of "are we a show based on humor or serious politics?".

So far this season, I've become overly impatient and extremely disinterested by the plot lines, the ever-confusing legal jargon and the over-dramatized actions of an apparent Vice President.

For those who finished season 2, is it even worth finishing? I hate finishing shows midway through a season (only done it once before) but I'm starting to get the feeling that this is where it's heading. Thoughts?

I would say its worth watching..i think the problem it has is peoples expectations. Like the original version it is a drama with elements of black comedy, you are supposed to watch and say 'how did frank get away with that i cant believe he would go that far' i think people forgot that between season 1 and 2 and wanted the west wing. He talks to the camera, the whole concept has a wink to the audience.

I would say its worth watching..i think the problem it has is peoples expectations. Like the original version it is a drama with elements of black comedy, you are supposed to watch and say 'how did frank get away with that i cant believe he would go that far' i think people forgot that between season 1 and 2 and wanted the west wing. He talks to the camera, the whole concept has a wink to the audience.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll finish it just for the sake of finishing. But it's certainly not done well in holding my engagement throughout season 2. We'll see how the final few episodes go though.

If you guys are into comedy shows, You're the Worst is pretty promising.

I thought the True Blood Finale was about what I expected. This was never a great show, but it had a lot of great individual moments. Also enjoyed the Eric and Ginger "sex scene" from a week or two ago

Don't know if anyone has been keeping up to date with this, but this is a fan-made television series made for YouTube that chronicles the DC Comics character "Nightwing":

Hands down, the most incredible fan-made anything that I've ever seen. The level of detail and cinematography alone warrants a big budget re-release. Very excited for the whole series to come out next month.

The most recent episode of The Leftovers (the Garveys at their best) was the most depressing episode of TV I think I've ever seen.

I keep watching this show but i don't know that I want to...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."