• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ebola...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
2 of the women who died from the Ebola supposedly were resurrected.

So.. zombies are coming fuckers.

Gotta agree with Max on this one, and my inner-survivalist is definitely speaking here but... something just doesn't seem right about this epidemic. It seems out of control for something that is not easily transmitted. I understand it's not airborne, but being able to be transmitted by "bodily fluids" is not specific enough to be honest -- that can mean anything.

Are saliva droplets from a cough in the air are sufficient to transmit?
Is sweat a vector of transmission?
What about on the recipient? Do they need to touch a mucous membrane to get infected?

I just think if we go back to the beginning of this outbreak, we were told - "don't worry, don't worry." And like almost all Ebola outbreaks previously, I didn't worry. Now we're saying, ehh.. things are getting out of control, but "don't worry."

Now we're also saying that semen is a vector of transmission; meaning that a person could get sick, hide, have a 1 in 7 chance of survival, then fly to the United States and infect someone here? I understand the mathematics with respect to probability, but is that actually possible? I've read numerous reports that wives have been infected by their husbands via sex after they've survived the illness.

To me it seems only a matter of time before this reaches the United States (or the Philippines). If and when that happens, what if all of the "don't worry" talk is just talk, and we see similar levels of infection?

I'm not predicting this to happen (I do think we'll see some U.S. based cases soon enough though), but at the same time I won't be surprised if/when it does.

p.s.
To those who are more knowledgeable with regards to medicine and biology (again, not my fields), why aren't these regions on a complete and total lockdown? I mean a two week quarantine, curfew, do not leave your fucking house or you'll be shot quarantine? This seems like a problem that could resolve itself due to the rapidity in which Ebola kills its victims.

He. This is just like how the disease from I Am Legend began, small, with little news, then it just got out of control. Then the dead started coming back. At least it isn't spreading like gossip like the disease from World War Z. where all you had to do was be in a 50 foot radius of the infected.

Liberia's chief medical examiner has been placed in quarantine for 21 days...her assistant died this morning from Ebola.

Yes, it can be transmitted from "atomized" droplets in coughs up to a few feet. It's not airborne.

You have to remember, these countries do not practice sanitation. There was a video VICE put out where basically they went around and gathered what the feelings of the locals were. While they were there, the locals were eating rotting bushmeat, not washing their hands after using the bathroom,cutting themselves with knives preparing food and then serving the meat to other people, ect. ect.

There's also the problem of the locals not taking kindly to the volunteers and quarantined patients escaping. 7 volunteers were killed on arrival a few weeks ago. The situation is not good. I think this "quarantine" of large areas is a way of saying it's completely out of control and is only going to get worse. They had a hard enough time keep a few locals under quarantine when this first came about.

Here we go...

CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US

CNBC.com staff | @CNBC
7 Mins Ago
Breaking News

COMMENTS Click here for the latest on the markets.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday confirmed the first case of Ebola has been diagnosed in the United States.

This story is developing. Please check back for further updates.

Click here for the latest on the markets.

CDC: Ebola confirmed in Dallas patient
Walt Zwirko, WFAA3:46 p.m. CDT September 30, 2014
1412096171000-0930ebola-presby.jpg

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (Photo: WFAA)
Fullscreen
DALLAS — A patient in a Dallas hospital has been confirmed to have the Ebola virus, News 8 has learned.

That person has been held in "strict isolation" as he or she was evaluated for possible exposure to the deadly Ebola virus.

This is the first case of Ebola confirmed in the United States.

In a statement issued Tuesday night, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said the patient was admitted based on symptoms and "recent travel history."

The hospital, located at Greenville Avenue and Walnut Hill Lane in northeast Dallas, said it's complying with all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the Texas Department of Health to ensure the safety of other patients and medical staff.

Guess I wont be going to Dallas anytime soon

Going to be interesting to hear the story surrounding this guy- when he came back, where he had been (West Africa is kind of a general area), when he arrived back, when he began feeling ill, when he presented to the hospital, etc. If you are in Dallas you are safe- but if he was sitting next to you on the flight home, well...

Ah, OK, CDC spokesman just said he began to show symptoms 4 days after getting back. Does not think he was involved in the fight against Ebola, but did not say if he was a health care worker. So the odds of him coughing all over the people stuck around him on the flight back are pretty low. They are also in the process of tracking down those he had been in contact between the time he began to show symptoms and when he was admitted to the hospital (4 day span).

Also, people in the countries affected (sierra leone, liberia, lagos?) they are screening passengers prior to boarding flights for signs of infection.

Last edited:
Only a matter of time before this happened.

Hope we get our shit together.

Also, people in the countries affected (sierra leone, liberia, lagos?) they are screening passengers prior to boarding flights for signs of infection.

The guy in Dallas was screened before he left on his flight. Screening comes in the form of checking for a fever. Average incubation is currently pegged at 8-10 days...as long as 21.

Personally i'd make anyone wanting to board a flight from there stay in a clean zone for 21 days.

Last edited:
Any chance of this virus turning people into zombies so I can finally live out my life long dream of a zombie Apocalypse?

I gotta be honest...

I get a little excited about apocalyptic scenariors. And Max will lie, but deep down that's why he's all over this.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."