• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And again...
View: https://twitter.com/HammerNation19/status/525624300230172673

Do you think if LeBron James wanted Windy to be fired he would be fired? ;)

I don't buy Windy's tweet. LBJ is signed to a contract and isn't going anywhere. If LBJ demanded of DG and Griffin that they fire Blatt without a valid reason, they'd tell him no. That's what Riley essentially did, and that worked out pretty well for the Heat. It would set a terrible precedent, make it extremely difficult to attract another good coach, likely lead the rest of the players to start thinking "WTF", and be asking Dan to burn his money just for LBJ's ego. But LBJ isn't going to do that anyway, so it's a stupid point.

I've been defending Windy against other posters, but I'm starting to lose respect for him as well. It really is starting to seem like there is a grudge or something, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with DG somehow having pissed Windy off.

I do not really see the benefit of bring Waiters off the bench. As other have pointed out, who would start in his place, Miller? Joe Harris? I am not saying they should be trying to smash a round peg into a square hole, but if you give Waiters some time playing with Irving, James, and Love, that could help mold him into one of the most dynamic/flexible guards in the league. Then again, maybe there are some in the organization who see the value of inflating Dion's stats by bringing him off the bench so they can pull some sort of Harden-esque deal.

Lebron and Love are signed to only short term deals. After the shit show that was the Cavs after Lebron left, I'm not sure how anyone would think that he's not running the show.

Considering that his team basically led to Love, Marion, and Miller coming, I would trust him far more then Chris Grant or Ferry at this point if I was Gilbert:chuckle:

Then again, maybe there are some in the organization who see the value of inflating Dion's stats by bringing him off the bench so they can pull some sort of Harden-esque deal.

Trade him for two scrubs and some shitty picks? That's what we need after LeBron gets old in a few years. Nothing would surprise me though.

Lebron and Love are signed to only short term deals. After the shit show that was the Cavs after Lebron left, I'm not sure how anyone would think that he's not running the show.

Considering that his team basically led to Love, Marion, and Miller coming, I would trust him far more then Chris Grant or Ferry at this point if I was Gilbert:chuckle:
Ha, initially I typed "... but hopefully with a better return," but I thought people would take that as me saying Waiters is more valuable than Harden.

If the owner wanted to pay the tax they wouldn't have traded Harden. Gilbert doesn't give a fuck about the tax, and there is no basketball reason to trade Waiters, so if it happens it is just another sign of incompetence in the front office.

Mike miller is a sieve at the 2 he has no business starting and he is cold as hell

I can almost guard 2's as good as Jones can

Harris looks good in limited minutes but Waiters has proven a lot more than him

the best person to bring off the bench is lebron james.
starting lineup of waiters , love, and irving will run with anyone from the outset. James can turn a lineup of scrubs into a championship contender

you could also argue that Delly has been good at hitting spot up jumpers and getting the ball to love and has so far been a better defender.. bringing kyrie off the bench means less time he has to share the ball with James and waiters and a btter groove he can find himself in.

You can make an argument for any starter in the league to come off the bench and point out how it helps out the team.

Im not sure if i will be able to endure Haynes and windhorst flipping mundane information (like Miller subbing for Dion) and turn it into a sensationalism agenda ( to sway Dion into coming off the bench).

Theres ots of starters who come out first to get time in the second unit.

First, Waiters will have a hard time shaking the 6th man talk because of players like harden and Ginobli or even Kuckoch. Almost all championship level teams has a waiters level player coming off the bench. Its not an insult really, its recognizing they type of game Waiters has and he is a true combo guard with skills.

2nd who puts him on the bench? Miller? He cant guard 2's anymore and is really a one tirck pony at this point. Jones? He has shown me zero outside of being able to shoot. I can see why he didnt get rotational minutes in Miami. Harris? Maybe in 1 or 2 years of development, he has the best shot as i think he ends up a true 3 and D guy in the league in the same way of Danny Green?

There will be lumps associated with starting him and adjusting his game with everybody elses, but it will be a good thing in the end.

Really wish Brown or Scott would have spent their last years taking the lumps to get him at least use to playing with Kyrie but nooo... we need to set it in his mind that he is the only real offensive threat when he is out there.

Dion would be better off on the bench if the Cavs had another SG who can knock down open shots and playing good defense, but they don't.

Miller can play the catch and shoot role quite well, but he's too slow to get back on defense and can't quite play defense consistently. Dion isn't a good defender yet, but he's a better defender than Miller.

Danny Green would've been a perfect starter on the Cavs now, but the Cavs can't get him back anymore even if they want to.

I think the offense will have its ups and downs moments due players not getting the ball on time and guys trying to do too much playing one-on-one hero-ball, trying to prove they're just as impactful as the best player on the team, etc. I think it will get resolve quicker than Miami's offense did.

The situation with Miami was different. Even though LeBron was clearly the better player on the team in year one, he had a lot of respect for what Wade had accomplished in the past and didn't wanted to play like he was the first scoring option even though Wade wanted him to be the primary option.

On the Cavs, LeBron has no reason to be impressed because he did more in his last season as a Cav[before The Decision]than Kyrie and Dion did in their years as Cavaliers.

I'm worry about nothing. Lol. The offence will be fine if everyone play their roles and don't step on each other's toes.

Byron benched Dion for 10 games as a rookie.. the last 4 games Dion came off the bench was after a month layoff for injury.
this is further support that in those last 4 games he
for the season Dion had 16 games under 27 minutes. 5 of them were related tot he injury.

Scott had Dion as his starter
Last season Waiters earned his way back onto the starting roster (which he never should of been removed). . it was his job to lose.

Brown did take Waiters off the starting line.. it worked out so well... wheres brown at ?

There another reason media pundits keep calling for waiters to come off the bench.. they want to prove themselves right.

:shakehead:

Not a strong start to any post.
why not. he can iso. beat up opposing teams second unit and still finish games. . starters minutes is the most important thing. if waiters would be good coming off the bench... friggin lebron would be awesome. not sure how the team could ever lose .

The only reason to consider Waiters as a possible sixth man is because of the extreme amount of talent we now possess (LBJ, Love, KI) along with the depth elsewhere (Andy, TT, Shawn, Mike, Ray?). We even have borderline-third string players who may break some rotational minutes elsewhere in the right situation.

So what the hell's the reason to put him on the bench?

Because he doesn't figure out his role in the starting rotation? You could say that about a ton of players... Doesn't mean he can't get it to work in the role he desires.

Because of the aforementioned "talent-filled rotation"? That's the main reason guys like Ginobili, Terry, hell... even those who haven't win like Crawford were able to work. But what happens if the said player doesn't want to do that? It reaks of chemistry disruption. Waiters is ill-determined to be a starter at this point and only messing it up as a starter will make him go to the bench.

The season hasn't gotten anywhere to see if such a role is even important as a super sixth man. There's always the chance he can play less minutes with our starters, since Blatt has been benching him or the other starters early to make it work.

Guess I should say there are PLENTY of ways to make this work. It's not bench or bust. And maybe a month or 2 of the regular season will give us our answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."