• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 National Champs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Let's give some credit where it is due...that was the #6 defense in the country in terms of yards per game, better than Michigan State, the #6 defense in terms of points allowed per game, again ahead of Michigan State, and the #1 rushing defense in the nation we just faced. It is also their biggest home game of the year, maybe even their biggest game of the year period, especially with them trying to manufacture a rivalry with us. If squeaking by Tennessee, South Carolina, or Kentucky is a quality win, so is a close win at night in Happy Valley.
I've always thought that was funny. The schools that have no rival so they pretend to make one with a team that already has a real one. Similar to Tennessee thinking they are rivals with Alabama. Just, lol.

Let's give some credit where it is due...that was the #6 defense in the country in terms of yards per game, better than Michigan State, the #6 defense in terms of points allowed per game, again ahead of Michigan State, and the #1 rushing defense in the nation we just faced. It is also their biggest home game of the year, maybe even their biggest game of the year period, especially with them trying to manufacture a rivalry with us. If squeaking by Tennessee, South Carolina, or Kentucky is a quality win, so is a close win at night in Happy Valley.

I don't agree. This Big Ten is especially bad. Penn State is coming off a couple of really bad losses and when you look at who they've played that defensive ranking just isn't all that great. Michigan State played Oregon in Oregon while the best offense Penn State had played before tonight was probably Rutgers. Penn State has padded its defensive stats by playing one of the shittiest schedules to date.

If this team has any designs on sliding into the playoff it has to be waaay better than that because that was not a good team we just played.

I don't agree. This Big Ten is especially bad. Penn State is coming off a couple of really bad losses and when you look at who they've played that defensive ranking just isn't all that great. Michigan State played Oregon in Oregon while the best offense Penn State had played before tonight was probably Rutgers. Penn State has padded its defensive stats by playing one of the shittiest schedules to date.

If this team has any designs on sliding into the playoff it has to be waaay better than that because that was not a good team we just played.

You still have to perform, even against shitty schedules. And dude, I'm not disagreeing with you that Ohio State didn't have any issues tonight, or that they don't need to get their shit together. I'm just saying that wasn't exactly a shitty defense we were going up against, and it wasn't exactly an easy atmosphere to be playing in, especially with a freshman QB and an inexperienced line.

Tonight's experience should payoff for the MSU game, I would think.

Yeah, not really a game to be proud of, to be honest. To put it bluntly, without ref help they lose tonight.

This is why I was holding off the exultation of Barrett and this team. It's not like Penn State is even a good barometer. Just shows how games vs Maryland and Cincinnati just aren't showing you much of anything at all.

MSU will likely handle us. I pray I'm wrong.

I look at it this way, first game in a hostal environment for our freshman QB and young Oline. I think we can take a lot from this game and will give the team good experience for MSU. Also let's not forget, PSU had a week off to prepare for this game. That is huge. MSU will also have a week off which is a bit unlucky. I hope seeing this games, allows us plan and excite a better game plan against MSU.

Another observation: Our return game fucking sucks.

Dontre Wilson hits holes like Trent Richardson, as in, he doesn't hit them at all.
Jalin Marshall is just a complete disaster, he's worse than Corey Brown at returning punts, which is really saying something.

For a coach who considers himself a special teams guru, the return game has been a serious let down thus far in the Urban era.

I'd like to give Samuel a shot.

Wow so JT played with a sprained MCL all 2nd half and OTs..

"Michigan is the team you invite to YOUR homecoming" --Michael Wilbon

Rod Smith dismissed from the team. Anything leak as to why yet?

Two more also in trouble, but this is all stemming from failed drug tests

Rod Smith dismissed from the team. Anything leak as to why yet?

Multiple failed drug tests. Marcelys Jones and Corey Smith also in doghouse for same issue most likely.

Rod will still be on scholarship for remainder of year and have an opportunity to get his degree. I think Meyer and Ohio State are offering services to Rod to help with his issues should he want to utilize them. Ohio State has a 3 strike policy on drugs, so it sounds like Marcelys and Corey are on watch. Corey had issues stemming back to high school which also made him an "at risk" player, so he isn't doing himself any favors.

This is shaping up to be a good day for us

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."