• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-15 Off-Season Thread (Moss Acquired - Page 16)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We all want a right-handed bat, well, Swisher hit .295/.397/.521 as a righty in 2013. His 3.8 WAR would've been 3rd best on the team this year. I'm not saying he's for-sure going to rebound, but he's a better candidate than those other guys. And fills a position w more need.

Hell, just platoon him.

A healthy Swisher in a DH role is absolutely a prime rebound candidate.

Switch-hitter, clubhouse guy, can play RF and 1B in a pinch. More valuable than Ubaldo Jimenez or Ryan Howard over the next few seasons, IMO.

A healthy Swisher in a DH role is absolutely a prime rebound candidate.

Switch-hitter, clubhouse guy, can play RF and 1B in a pinch. More valuable than Ubaldo Jimenez or Ryan Howard over the next few seasons, IMO.

Any confidence he is going to be healthy - or at least mildly productive?

Any confidence he is going to be healthy - or at least mildly productive?

I was under the impression he'll be healthy in 2015.

Heard the rumors of Butler being offered that deal by someone, couldn't fathom that it would be true.

Looks like the Indians are exploring trades for Swisher and Bourn. I can't really see a trade happening - the names mentioned - B.J. Upton, Ryan Howard, Ubaldo Jimenez, Edwin Jackson, etc - are not any better than what we already have and/or have worse contracts.

Hey look, the RedSox acting just like the Yankees again.

What does Boston do with Allen Craig, Yeonis Cespedes, Shane Victorino, Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley?

That's five guys for two outfield spots (assuming Hanley will play LF).

Wouldn't hate seeing the Indians scoop up Craig for the 3 years, $25M left on his deal. Maybe the Red Sox would eat some of that as well.

Jackie Bradley interests me as well, I really think that kid can play and he's Gold Glove caliber in center.

Michael Bourn and a prospect for Jackie Bradley Jr. and Allen Craig?

Get it done Ferry.

Josh Willingham is officially retiring after eleven seasons.

So, with the Red Sox signing two power bats, I don't think there is enough room for Yeonis Cespedes. The Indians need to jump on this, but knowing them they probably won't, but who could we realistically trade for him?

So, with the Red Sox signing two power bats, I don't think there is enough room for Yeonis Cespedes. The Indians need to jump on this, but knowing them they probably won't, but who could we realistically trade for him?

Problem is that it would be a 1-year rental. We have this core locked up for so long that it's a tough sell to go all-in on one year. Hoping to find an option with a few more years of control.

Cespedes is kind of overrated, and isn't worth the hassle.

He's already alienated two teams, it appears.

At $10.5 for one season, I'm not giving up much.

Kyle Seager is apparently getting a 7/100 deal from the Mariners.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."