• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's definitely part of it. But the Team USA experience for him was huge, IMO.
Credit Faried and Klay Thompson for that one. Those 2 are workhorse defenders that influenced Kyrie. Those 2 showed Kyrie that he'll never be on another level without defense. I think the icing on the cake is that Lebron is here so now he HAS to play D. Even tho I think he would've tried harder even if only Blatt came

Credit Faried and Klay Thompson for that one. Those 2 are workhorse defenders that influenced Kyrie. Those 2 showed Kyrie that he'll never be on another level without defense. I think the icing on the cake is that Lebron is here so now he HAS to play D. Even tho I think he would've tried harder even if only Blatt came

Faried ...a workhorse defender?

Incredibly proud of Kyrie's game at the moment. For years we've seen his ability to move his hands at a lightning pace on the offensive side of the floor - that's been proven time and time again. But it was becoming increasingly obvious that if Kyrie make a concerted effort to utilize his quick hands on the defensive side of the floor, he could really make an impact.

And as such, he's almost averaging 2 steals a game. But most importantly, you can see the impact his aggressive attack on the ball handler is having on the ball movement of every opposition team.

He's learning to stay in front of his defender, swat balls out of opposing players' hands and hasn't looked like taking a play off for a number of games now.

For me, his incredibly positive attitude in post-game interviews really shows how he's grown as a person and as a player and these positive affirmations have lead to a really impressive performance on the court.

The bottom line is, if LeBron James plays like the offensive powerhouse we know he can be to in order to rally the troops early on offense and if Kyrie Irving continues to grow on the defensive end, pressuring the ball handler and forcing turnovers, we can really be a lethal team.

And the last few games have gone a long way to catalyse this belief.

Last edited:
Kyrie hated Mike Brown. He wouldn't play for him consistently. If he had, the Cavs may have been in the playoffs last year.........................

It looks like Kyrie is going to have his first signature shoe:

nike-kyrie-1-signature-shoe-01.jpg

nike-kyrie-1-signature-shoe-02.jpg

New logo:

nike-kyrie-1-signature-shoe-03.jpg

For reference, here's the logo he has been using:

nike-hyperdunk-2012-kyrie-irving-pe-3.jpg

nike-kyrie-1-signature-shoe-04.jpg

nike-kyrie-1-black-red-05.jpg

I think it looks nice, simple and lightweight. The colorway throws me off a little but I think Nike is just showcasing how they can mix and match various colorways in the materials. I like them better than the LeBron XIIs.

LINK: http://cdn.solecollector.com/media/up/2014/11/images/nike-kyrie-1-signature-shoe-01.jpg

---

BONUS: Nike also released 2 Air Force 1 colorways for Kyrie, I'm not a fan of the 'clear' material design, but the Duke pair is kinda nice.

nike-air-force-1-low-cmft-signature-kyrie-duke-14.jpg

nike-air-force-1-low-cmft-signature-kyrie-cavs-13.jpg

Last pair looks Cavs color-ish. Probably going to snag a pair of those in the near future.

Would go nice with my other Cavs Jordans:

688d2079536ae626e6efae36510af659.jpg

Last pair looks Cavs color-ish. Probably going to snag a pair of those in the near future.

Would go nice with my other Cavs Jordans:

688d2079536ae626e6efae36510af659.jpg

The last 2 pairs are actually inspired by Duke and the Cavs colors respectively.

I have Kyrie's yellow basketball shoe. Its a very nice shoe. Very tight and durable while letting you breathe in the right places.

I have Kyrie's yellow basketball shoe. Its a very nice shoe. Very tight and durable while letting you breathe in the right places.

I almost bought those last night at Finish Line I believe. They were half off.

Finally getting to see this replay. Kyries D was wow. Even drew a charge

At this point the sample size is big enough for me. The defensive leap that kyrie has made in one season is remarkable. His entire floor game is becoming beautiful to watch.

Born talent was never an issue, I have always felt Kyrie needed a little extra push to get to the next level. FIBA, LeBron, new coach & roster, and of course just the expectations our team has... all reasons he has elevated his game. So glad to see him starting to reach his potential. Key word, "starting". This kid can be a very, very special and rarely seen talent by the time he's 25 or 26. Maybe sooner. Every day he's getting better, and while that's cliche in interviews, it's what is important.

To think some of us were freaking out after the Portland game about Kyrie's role... goes to show it truly is a process - let it play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."