• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-15 Off-Season Thread (Moss Acquired - Page 16)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Wow, very interesting.

Kemp, Myers and now Upton. That's a decent outfield and crazy the moves SD is making. Now do they have the infield to go with it?

Kemp, Myers and now Upton. That's a decent outfield and crazy the moves SD is making. Now do they have the infield to go with it?

Horrendous defensive outfield in a spacious park, probably going to fail spectacularly IMO.

If Kemp hits 15 homers in that park with his center-right center field power I'll be shocked.

On the infield they have Everth Cabrera and Gyorko but Alonso has been a disappointment.

Meh...I'm just not seeing it.

Interested to see what they'll do with Cameron Maybin and Seth Smith now.

I was thinking the same thing. The Padres have just such a giant outfield... Matt Kemp and his developing arthritis is not going to fare well, IMO. I don't know a ton about Upton's range/arm, but I don't see it either.

Padres pitching could be very good if they focused on it and got it right.

Well how about that? Bold moves by the Pads and who knows, may not be done yet. I heard the idea could be Myers at 1b, Maybin still in CF and Kemp to the corner. So that of may not be all that bad. I'm not sure how much better they got at C though, however I won't pretend to remember if Rivera was a much better defensive C than Norris or not. My memories of him are foggy. Pads can still flip Alonso too I this scenario. If the Tribe wasn't so loaded at 1b he might be a guy to consider.

gosh I wish the Indians could have gotten Upton.. would have them sure favorites in the center if they did

Horrendous defensive outfield in a spacious park, probably going to fail spectacularly IMO.

If Kemp hits 15 homers in that park with his center-right center field power I'll be shocked.

On the infield they have Everth Cabrera and Gyorko but Alonso has been a disappointment.

Meh...I'm just not seeing it.

Interested to see what they'll do with Cameron Maybin and Seth Smith now.

No they don't.

How about taking a flier on Carlos Quentin and hoping he gets healthy? Seth Smith would be a welcome addition as well, but that's another lefty. But if you could somehow get rid of Bourn, than it wouldn't matter as much to just replace him with Smith and shift Brantley to CF.

Yankees trading Martin Prado and David Phelps to Miami for Nathan Eovaldi and Garrett Jones.

Eovaldi is a nice young starting pitcher, power arm.

Yankees trading Martin Prado and David Phelps to Miami for Nathan Eovaldi and Garrett Jones.

Eovaldi is a nice young starting pitcher, power arm.
Yes, won't lie, I would have happily taken him for Lonnie Baseball. Then again the Yanks had to take Garrett Jones so not sure.

Yes, won't lie, I would have happily taken him for Lonnie Baseball. Then again the Yanks had to take Garrett Jones so not sure.

They got Domingo German in that deal as well, another powerful young arm to add to their minor league depth.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."