• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Cousins should definitely be on there. If you watch the Kings he has been dominant when healthy. It goes beyond stats, he's just emerging into one of those guys who can take over a game.

Ya i don't think people understand just how bad the team is when sits. He's also one of the top defenders and anchors a starting unite that is number 1 in total defense of any 5 unite in the league. If Malone wasn't fired he'd be getting MVP votes and top 4 player talk.

I actually heard the opposite. I heard he garnered some votes because of how he publicly backed Malone after Sacramento fired him for some bullshit.

Ya I heard that one too

Neither. Who do they replace? Harden, Paul, Thompson and Westbrook are the guards. All four are legitimate all-stars. Durant, Duncan, and Aldridge are the forwards. Don't think you take either of those guys over those three.

Now if you're talking Kobe replacement, you probably go with Lillard. Although, I don't know. You're basically splitting hairs at this point.

And this is why I don't want the all-star game to add roster spots either. It doesn't make sense for people to say Lillard is deserving when there are four better choices in front of him. It just waters down what it means to be an all-star. Sorry, but as good as Lillard has been this season he isn't one of the 5 best guards in the West. Tough conference, oh well.

Now, if the players really feel like there is some great injustice then they can bargain during the next CBA negotiations to get rid of the fan vote. But my guess is that won't be something on the top of their priorities, while the NBA would fight rather fiercely to keep fan voting.

So has anyone else noticed that Rajon Rondo is shooting 26.3% from the free throw line since the trade to Dallas? Before that, he was still an impossibly bad 33.3%. How is this even possible?

So has anyone else noticed that Rajon Rondo is shooting 26.3% from the free throw line since the trade to Dallas? Before that, he was still an impossibly bad 33.3%. How is this even possible?

Didn't Iguodala go through something like that even last year or the year before? Guys who aren't very good to begin with go on a cold streak and let it affect them mentally.

No. 6 in scoring, No. 3 in rebounding, No. 6 in PER, No. 4 in overall real plus-minus and No. 3 in defensive real plus-minus. Did not make the All-star team. Stupid.

I think coaches are willing to reward young players that are on bad teams (Kyrie his second year) but only up to their 3rd year. After that if your team isn't winning they hold it against you. Only way you are getting in if you are on a bad team is if you are voted in. The east is so bad that you can justify the Heat getting two players in since the Heat are in the playoff mix. The Kings are closer to the 1st pick of the draft than they are to a playoff spot.

No. 6 in scoring, No. 3 in rebounding, No. 6 in PER, No. 4 in overall real plus-minus and No. 3 in defensive real plus-minus. Did not make the All-star team. Stupid.

The NBA just announced that he did in fact make the All-Star game as Kobe's replacement.

And I guess David Silver can also say team standings be damned.

Why is the media so focused on rewarding players and teams for doing well?

The all-star game is for the fans, period. Not the players. No one wants to watch Kyle Korver out there.

I'll puke if a 12ppg scorer makes the team.

I can't help but feel the hypocrisy in this whole Cousins situation. Don't get me wrong. He deserved to make the ASG. But he hasn't been able to get his team to a respectable record (much less even sniff the playoffs) since he's been in the league and they currently sit at 16-28. Meanwhile, everybody feels bad for Cuz saying he has a bad team.

However, Kyrie got so much shit last year for not being able to get his team to win despite it being his third year in the league and despite being on a team where Dion Waiters, Andrew fucking Bynum, Jarrett Jack, and Earl Clark were some of our lead scoring options. Oh, and Mike Brown was our goddamn coach. Cousins had Isaiah Thomas (remember the guy who's apparently better than Kyrie) and Rudy Gay last year and this year he has Darren Collison instead of Thomas. What's his excuse?

People getting way to worked up over an exhibition game. Lillard is the 5th best guard in the West. If he wants to make the all-star team I suggest he get better and outplay the other Western conference guards.

Why is the media so focused on rewarding players and teams for doing well?

The all-star game is for the fans, period. Not the players. No one wants to watch Kyle Korver out there.

I'll puke if a 12ppg scorer makes the team.

On the contrary, putting the best three-point shooter in a game with no defense that regularly ends in the 140s? I'm highly intrigued by what he could do.

I can't help but feel the hypocrisy in this whole Cousins situation. Don't get me wrong. He deserved to make the ASG. But he hasn't been able to get his team to a respectable record (much less even sniff the playoffs) since he's been in the league and they currently sit at 16-28. Meanwhile, everybody feels bad for Cuz saying he has a bad team.

However, Kyrie got so much shit last year for not being able to get his team to win despite it being his third year in the league and despite being on a team where Dion Waiters, Andrew fucking Bynum, Jarrett Jack, and Earl Clark were some of our lead scoring options. Oh, and Mike Brown was our goddamn coach. Cousins had Isaiah Thomas (remember the guy who's apparently better than Kyrie) and Rudy Gay last year and this year he has Darren Collison instead of Thomas. What's his excuse?

The coaches know the situation there and how viral managities/The FO did them in. Also besides that cousins is dominating in ways kyrie didn't. Only 1 player didn't make the all star team when they are to 10 in scoring/defense and that was cousins last year. No player has never made the all star game while averaging 24-12 which are his numbers.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."