• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fastlane Tonight - in Cleveland!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Mania is a wrestling show. A good Mania, to me, has good matches. The only build that'll suck is Lesnar/Reigns, because Reigns can't talk. Sting/HHH and Bray/Taker will have great builds, but the latter has a guy who has to carry and tell a story, but isn't good enough to do the first. The issue? Taker lost. The streak has no wait. Is Bray the guy you want being the one who buried Taker for the last time? He's a friggin anti-Hero. He doesn't get boo'ed anymore. He got cheered against Cena. You bury Taker. You have to be THE heel. He isn't. Not a dream a match up at all. We got that last year.

The accusation that I don't want to see Sting is asinine. I'd love to see Sting... fighting a match that won't be a replica of Hunter/Taker in HIAC, minus the cell. I have no interest in a brawl between legends fifteen years after everyone wanted to see it.

Bryan fanboys? Try people who like quality wrestlers. The same smarks who like DB liked Punk, like Rollins, like Ambrose, like NXT.

Last years Mania was only popular because Daniel Bryan can fucking wrestle, and Lesnar beat Taker. That's it. The card, name wise, was stacked. The matches sucked. We got two Wrestlemania moments. That's why it ended up being a notable Mania.

What's this years moment? Sting beating Hunter? Bray burying Taker? Roman fucking Reigns winning a belt? Nah. Doesn't cut it. The only thing that'll make it memorable is an absolute Roman Reigns screwjob where he wins, and Rollins cashes in. The place would go nuts, but the issue? That means Lesnar is done. Rollins cashing in on Lesnar is what the WWE would want, because it would create a huge heel star. Reigns winning... means we have a champ who can't talk, with no mouthpiece. Heyman isn't turning on Lesnar.

Okay, well you didn't really answer my question then on WHAT it is you would like to see at WrestleMania? What feuds/matches would you like to see instead? Who should Sting face if you don't want to see him go up against another legend? Even though it may be 15 years later than we all wanted to see it... that's not on WWE... that's on Sting for wasting the last decade of his career away in TNA. I think the Sting vs. HHH, WCW vs. WWE, and Sting's reason for coming after HHH storyline that they are using for the match is excellent so far. I know many fans wanted to see Sting vs. Undertaker, but that makes even less sense. There's no reason for that match, other than fantasy booking, and who between the two would even cut a promo?

As far as Bryan fanboys... I mean the people who think he should be involved in EVERY main event/title picture. I like Bryan too, just as I also like Rollins, Ambrose, Punk, and NXT... but I don't think Bryan should be involved in EVERY main event just because fans will boo and cry if he isn't. He was thrust in the main event last year to make it a triple threat, and it was the right decision then. But this year it would've been redundant, and would've made the Royal Rumble to look like a wasted event 2 years in a row.

Okay, well you didn't really answer my question then on WHAT it is you would like to see at WrestleMania? What feuds/matches would you like to see instead? Who should Sting face if you don't want to see him go up against another legend? Even though it may be 15 years later than we all wanted to see it... that's not on WWE... that's on Sting for wasting the last decade of his career away in TNA. I think the Sting vs. HHH, WCW vs. WWE, and Sting's reason for coming after HHH storyline that they are using for the match is excellent so far. I know many fans wanted to see Sting vs. Undertaker, but that makes even less sense. There's no reason for that match, other than fantasy booking, and who between the two would even cut a promo?

As far as Bryan fanboys... I mean the people who think he should be involved in EVERY main event/title picture. I like Bryan too, just as I also like Rollins, Ambrose, Punk, and NXT... but I don't think Bryan should be involved in EVERY main event just because fans will boo and cry if he isn't. He was thrust in the main event last year to make it a triple threat, and it was the right decision then. But this year it would've been redundant, and would've made the Royal Rumble to look like a wasted event 2 years in a row.

First, I started off by saying Mania will suck because the matches will suck. So, obviously, I'd like my Mania to be heavy with good wrestling. I always joke with friends that I watch WWE for promos and PWG for wrestling.

Second, Taker's career should have ended after the loss as it was literally the ONLY thing that made him relevant. Sting came back and gave no reason as to why he's coming after HHH. You're assuming it's because of how HHH acts. He hasn't talked.

Third, Daniel Bryan should be in every main event when he's your only non-Cena face that can actually get a reaction out of an audience in an arena. Rollins, Cena, Bryan, Orton, Rollins, and Lesnar. That's it.

I actually don't think Sting/HHH will be that bad. Sting is an old guy and isn't going to be able to do anything crazy, so it's good to pair him up with an old-school guy like HHH who has never been a high-flier, but is a good technical wrestler. It's obviously not going to be the most exciting match on the card, but no match with 55-year-old Sting would be. Regardless, it's better to have Sting on the card at Wrestlemania than not on it at all. It's a long PPV and there's plenty of time for a match between two old legends, even if one is way past his prime.

There's also the chance they'll make it a gimmick match like Hell in a Cell or no holds barred. Given that this may be the only time Sting sets foot in the ring, that may be the way they take it.

I actually don't think Sting/HHH will be that bad. Sting is an old guy and isn't going to be able to do anything crazy, so it's good to pair him up with an old-school guy like HHH who has never been a high-flier, but is a good technical wrestler. It's obviously not going to be the most exciting match on the card, but no match with 55-year-old Sting would be. Regardless, it's better to have Sting on the card at Wrestlemania than not on it at all. It's a long PPV and there's plenty of time for a match between two old legends, even if one is way past his prime.

There's also the chance they'll make it a gimmick match like Hell in a Cell or no holds barred. Given that this may be the only time Sting sets foot in the ring, that may be the way they take it.

Again, the issue I have, is that it's literally another throw a legend at HHH and let them brawl. There's nothing on the line. I would be all for this if it was for control of the WWE, but it doesn't seem like they have any interest in that what so ever. And with limited dates, when will Sting ever even speak? Once in a whole build?

Again, the issue I have, is that it's literally another throw a legend at HHH and let them brawl. There's nothing on the line. I would be all for this if it was for control of the WWE, but it doesn't seem like they have any interest in that what so ever. And with limited dates, when will Sting ever even speak? Once in a whole build?

Well, they have five weeks to work with here, so I'm sure they'll come up with some kind of angle. To be honest, I don't really watch Raw much, and I never watch Smackdown, so I don't follow much except the PPVs anyway, along with using the WWE Network to watch classic stuff from when I was younger and watched this shit all the time.

Well, they have five weeks to work with here, so I'm sure they'll come up with some kind of angle. To be honest, I don't really watch Raw much, and I never watch Smackdown, so I don't follow much except the PPVs anyway, along with using the WWE Network to watch classic stuff from when I was younger and watched this shit all the time.

Four weeks, and the first raw to Mania was incredibly lackluster. It still seems like they're teasing DBry, which made zero sense. Reigns should have got the ME pin last night, just for the sake of him looking good.

What I'm scared of, and it's a pipe dream, is Bryan screwing over Reigns. They keep teasing this "don't f up, roman" bs. What if he f's up? Where do you go from a clean loss?

Meltzer is reporting that something happened with Lesnar last night and that is why he didn't appear on Raw, even though he was backstage. Meltzer doesn't have all the the info, but I wonder what it could be. Maybe how shitty creative is?

Meltzer is reporting that something happened with Lesnar last night and that is why he didn't appear on Raw, even though he was backstage. Meltzer doesn't have all the the info, but I wonder what it could be. Maybe how shitty creative is?

I've read articles with two different reports. One that stated it had to do with something on the business/financial side of things, not booking or creative related. The second stated it had to do with Reigns failing a drug/wellness test and not being disciplined for it.

Reigns failing a test was quickly debunked by Meltzer. Meltzer is now saying it COULD be, pure speculation, the PPV % he gets. With the network, guys are losing % of PPV buys. One reason, Punk was pissed off.

Didn't Punk quit WWE before the network even started up though? And Lesnar has wrestled at a handful of PPVs on the network since it debuted a year ago, so why the big fuss now? I don't know, I guess time will tell.

This may just be my Jon Stewart fanhood talking, but that gag was great. Well done.

So, after last night's Raw here is what WrestleMania is shaping up as:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Sting

Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

US Championship Match(?)
John Cena vs. Rusev

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Bad News Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose vs. R-Truth

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins

Goldust vs. Stardust

Tag Team Championship Match
Kidd and Cesaro vs. The Usos

So, that's 10 matches by my count. I would guess the Tag Titles will be on the pre-show. Recent history shows this to be it's usual spot (2 of the last 3 WrestleMania's). And also because it's probably the most unsexy matchup from a storyline perspective compared to the others.

A quick 5 year case study shows that the usual number of matches on the main card is 8... last year there were only 7, but that's because 4 of those went 20+ minutes. I would expect to see 8-9 this year and just shorter matches overall. Especially when looking at factors such as the age of Sting and Undertaker. The limited skill set of Reigns. A Diva's match. Goldust-Stardust (assuming they make the main card) won't go over 10 minutes.

Obviously you can't please everybody, but overall the card looks solid to me. You have 5 headliner quality singles matches that have all been receiving significant air time and build. A potential show stealing, six man ladder match for the IC Title that has really been built up as of late. A battle royal. A token Diva's match. And then a good old fashioned mid card grudge match between two brothers that has been in the works for 3-4 years now.

The only real question that remains is where does a returning heel Sheamus land... Andre the Giant Battle Royal or joining the IC Title ladder match?

So, after last night's Raw here is what WrestleMania is shaping up as:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Sting

Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

US Championship Match(?)
John Cena vs. Rusev

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Bad News Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose vs. R-Truth

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins

Goldust vs. Stardust

Tag Team Championship Match
Kidd and Cesaro vs. The Usos

So, that's 10 matches by my count. I would guess the Tag Titles will be on the pre-show. Recent history shows this to be it's usual spot (2 of the last 3 WrestleMania's). And also because it's probably the most unsexy matchup from a storyline perspective compared to the others.

A quick 5 year case study shows that the usual number of matches on the main card is 8... last year there were only 7, but that's because 4 of those went 20+ minutes. I would expect to see 8-9 this year and just shorter matches overall. Especially when looking at factors such as the age of Sting and Undertaker. The limited skill set of Reigns. A Diva's match. Goldust-Stardust (assuming they make the main card) won't go over 10 minutes.

Obviously you can't please everybody, but overall the card looks solid to me. You have 5 headliner quality singles matches that have all been receiving significant air time and build. A potential show stealing, six man ladder match for the IC Title that has really been built up as of late. A battle royal. A token Diva's match. And then a good old fashioned mid card grudge match between two brothers that has been in the works for 3-4 years now.

The only real question that remains is where does a returning heel Sheamus land... Andre the Giant Battle Royal or joining the IC Title ladder match?

I kind of want to see Sheamus take out R-Truth and put himself into that match. Truth has no business being part of the main roster anymore.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."