• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 74 | Cavs (47-26) @ Nets (30-40) | March 27, 2015 | 7:30pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Stupid game to lose. One less game of rest at the end of the season. There are a lot of teams we should beat just by having LeBron or Kyrie go beast-mode, and the Nets are one of them.
It's not difficult to see why we lost the game. Our shots simply weren't falling (which will happen from time to time), but the real reason we lost was because nothing we tried could stop them defensively.

If Blatt doesn't change up his 4Q strategy soon, other teams could easily follow the same blueprint as Brooklyn did tonight as a template on how to beat us.

Have any of these guys ever considered even once in any of our losses where the team doesn't play well that we just got outplayed? No, it's always gotta be Blatt's fault somehow. Couldn't have just simply been outplayed + had imbalanced refereeing.

I'm not saying Blatt doesn't make mistakes, but it's annoying when people come around here to nitpick every little thing that happened during the game in a loss.

For instance, people are talking about Mozgov getting benched like it was a mistake but what I saw was Moz clearly getting owned the entire 17 minutes he was out there. I love the guy as much as anyone but he had a bad game today. And screw +/-, that means nothing to me. If it were some sort of paper or cloth I'd wipe my ass with +/- statistics and flush it.

It's not difficult to see why we lost the game. Our shots simply weren't falling (which will happen from time to time), but the real reason we lost was because nothing we tried could stop them defensively.

If Blatt doesn't change up his 4Q strategy soon, other teams could easily follow the same blueprint as Brooklyn did tonight as a template on how to beat us.

It wasn't just the 4th where we couldn't stop them...defense in general has been a mess for a bit. Guys getting lost, over rotating, losing their man on switches, etc....they need to get off the road and back into the practice facility.

Have any of these guys ever considered even once in any of our losses where the team doesn't play well that we just got outplayed? No, it's always gotta be Blatt's fault somehow. Couldn't have just simply been outplayed + had imbalanced refereeing.

I'm not saying Blatt doesn't make mistakes, but it's annoying when people come around here to nitpick every little thing that happened during the game in a loss.

For instance, people are talking about Mozgov getting benched like it was a mistake but what I saw was Moz clearly getting owned the entire 17 minutes he was out there. I love the guy as much as anyone but he had a bad game today. And screw +/-, that means nothing to me. If it were some sort of paper or cloth I'd wipe my ass with +/- statistics and flush it.

If we are at full-strength, we should never get beat by the Nets, even if we get outplayed. In order to get beat by the Nets, they should have to play their best game, we should have to play our worst game, Kyrie would have to be dragging a ball and chain up and down the court, and LeBron would would to have such a bad case of the Clap that he felt like someone was taking a flamethrower to his urethra. Even then, the Nets would beat us by one or two. To lose under the CURRENT circumstances is inexcusable.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the game, but if you compare the stats with the Memphis game, you see that the main differences are bad offensive games from Mozgov and Smith (per minute), general bad 3pt percentage, low assist number and a lot more points allowed(bad defense). Playing Moz or not in the fourth is really not the issue.

You win some you loose some. Has no indication what so ever on anything.

Nets are fighting for their life so they had more motivation

I am not too heart broken over this loss and none of you should be either. Sure, it's always disappointing to lose a game but it's not like a pattern of regression we are seeing. The Nets are playing for the postseason, the Cavs are playing to secure the 2 seed, which in their minds (and most of our's), is already set.

One team got offensively rolling, the other team never found a defensive rhythm to stifle that flow.

Moving on. Win by 20 plus against the Sixers on Sunday and all is forgotten.

I'm just now started watching the game but this post caught my attention. +/- is not useless it's just that you don't understand it. I don't know what Moz +/- was but if it's a positive compared to everyone else that means a lot scoring for the Cavs was going on when he was on the court and not so much for the Nets.

I swear it feels like this team doesn't run plays. If they do has to be very little.

Theres a pattern here...

They killed the Clippers than lost to Pacers...

They killed Memphis than lost to Nets...

Blatt needs to do a better job of getting them of their high tree after big wins, especially against teams that are considered inferior to Cavs.

He makes mistakes. That's obvious.
But he's also leading the best team in the league right now, and beat some of the leagues best teams.
So every loss coming out saying "ehhh I'm not sure about this guy" is just silly. You're not sure about the coach of the best team in the league because he lost a game?
I don't see 90% of those guys when we beat a team like Memphis in a beautifully coached game say one word. It seems like there's a whole community of posters just waiting for him to fail so they can call him out.
Where exactly did I say that I'm waiting for him to fail or say I don't know about him? I hardly ever comment on Blatt. I focus on the players. LeBron led teams have always been able to overcome coaches mistakes. I see the good choices Blatt makes and the mistakes too. However, as a first year coach I expect that and look at the talent we have in making up the difference. But this not playing Love/Moz thing has been going on for too long. I like TT but he should not be playing the majority of the 4th over Moz consistently. I'm hoping Blatt realizes this but time is running out. His game management needs to get better. Now's the time.

Where exactly did I say that I'm waiting for him to fail or say I don't know about him? I hardly ever comment on Blatt. I focus on the players. LeBron led teams have always been able to overcome coaches mistakes. I see the good choices Blatt makes and the mistakes too. However, as a first year coach I expect that and look at the talent we have in making up the difference. But this not playing Love/Moz thing has been going on for too long. I like TT but he should not be playing the majority of the 4th over Moz consistently. I'm hoping Blatt realizes this but time is running out. His game management needs to get better. Now's the time.

I didn't mean you in particular.

Again, this not playing Love/Moz thing has led us to being the best team in the league right now. Say whatever you want, it works. Why it works? It doesn't matter. It just works.
I rather Blatt sticks to what brought us a 28-7 record in the past three months.
Why should he change a working system that has been constantly good?
Oh, this winning a lot of games while losing very few thing has been going on for too long.

A good team is going to win more often than not, regardless of strategy but it still make a difference. I'd prefer an actual breakdown of how games have been effected with that lineup

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."