• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Andrew Wiggins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Age is just a number. If he's not willing to put in hard work, it won't matter how young or old he will be, he'll plateau.

One of the hardest things for any player to improve is ball handling. Not saying it cannot be done, but traditionally, guys who don't have a tight handle don't really develop anything special. So while I think Wiggins is going to be a very good player, I don't ever see him becoming an elite player unless he develops another form of his game to a really super star level. Like Curry-like shooting, James-like strength, or Harden-like...foul bitchassness.

I would say that court vision and handles are the two hardest things to improve upon significantly. You can improve them, obviously, but if a guy doesn't have great handles by the time he's in the NBA, he's probably never going to be all that good.

Vision is probably even harder to improve. I think it's something you either have or you don't. Most guys don't. The ones that do generally just have to learn when to pass. Kyrie's at that stage right now. His vision and passing ability are obviously elite, but he's still figuring out that sometimes it's better to pass the ball, especially now that he has really good teammates.

Or he could end up like K. Love and never win shit cause Minn. sucks, right? Maybe he's good enough to lead them in the right direction? Only time will tell, and if dude was as good as some suggest, yep I think they should be winning some more games.

Do you even know how much injuries they've had? So durant/westbrook/irving/wall didn't live up to the hype cause there team sucked for there first 3 years.

Paul George is not 6'10 he's close to 6'9 about the same height as Wiggins.

He's grown since coming into the NBA. He was the same height as Wiggins at their respective draft combine

Indiana Pacers swingman Paul George grew two inches this offseason and is now listed at 6-10, theIndianapolis Star reports. George is 21 years old.

George also put on 10 pounds of muscle and now weighs 224, according to the report.

George’s length was already considered a strength. After Pacers coach Frank Vogel made a defensive switch in last season’s playoffs, matching George against Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose, Rose went 18-of-57 from the field.

"That helped him tremendously," Pacers small forward Danny Granger said. "He was our best defender on (Rose). I think that showed what type of athlete he is. If he can stay with Derrick Rose, he can stay with anybody. That was a big confidence boost for him."

At first I thought wiggins ideally would be a 2nd option on a championship team but his rapid improvement makes that thought look comical.
He has been getting double teamed every night lately and still gets to the line which elite players do. Tonight he gets 31 on 17 shots vs Ariza while seeing double teams on night. It's impressive how he reads/reacts to doubles. Once he tightens his handle and gets stronger he will be a 25ppg player. He is a level above PG.

He is really tough to handle in the post already. Who knows if he'll even need to become a high level dribbler with his size and athleticism as a 2/3.

Now look at those highlights (remember he is a rookie) and combine that with his ability and potential as a defender.

You'd have to be smoking some good stuff to not see the league will belong to him and AD in 5 years time.

The rest of the noise is just grasping at straws.

The dude is hof material I hsvr him winning 3 titles maybe more

Only thing I really worry about with Wiggin's is playing for a franchise that has proven it is great at sucking.

In the last 10 years, they have ZERO seasons above .500. NONE.

That included the 2006-07 season with KG, where they won 32 games.

In T-Wolves history, they've won 1 Division title..... EVER. Only advanced past the first round once.

They are an absolute zero franchise. They'll blow his talent just like they blew KG's.

Kid has been showing flashes of brilliance these last few games. I mean, Jesus Christ the shit he's doing as a rookie is phenomenal.

This last month he's putting up 18ppg again, on .525 TS%, pretty sold. Needs to reincorporate his 3pt game, but that'll come with confidence.

Like what he's doing so far.

Last edited:
Will go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Just gotta get some championships with Love first to justify it when people pile on Cavs fans year from now.

Will go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Just gotta get some championships with Love first to justify it when people pile on Cavs fans year from now.

Oh ffs, the worst trade in the world will always be trading away the pick that became James Worthy.

That Harden deal looks like shit now, but back then it was solid value.

We get championships, who gives a fuck what Wiggins does at that point.

CHAMPIONSHIPS PEOPLE. YOU KNOW, THE THING NONE OF US HAVE EVER SEEN IN OUR LIFETIMES. idiots.

If they win championships, then how would it go down as one of the worst NBA trades?

Media hates Cleveland.

If Wiggins turns into a Hall of Famer and Love doesn't, that's how the trade will be remembered.

I'm not saying this WILL be one of the worst trades value wise. It makes perfect sense for the Cavs.

I'm saying the media will say it was one of the worst trades when Wiggins is balling out as a 29 year old superstar and Love is just about out of the league.

I have a bad feeling Love's stretch as a superstar quality talent isn't going to last until the end of his next contract. These back issues shorten careers and as tough as he is, he's relatively fragile.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."