• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Andrew Wiggins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Media hates Cleveland.

If Wiggins turns into a Hall of Famer and Love doesn't, that's how the trade will be remembered.
Today, I think it is much, much more likely Kevin Love ends up in the HoF.

Andrew Wiggins looks like he could be something. Kevin Love already is something.

Today, I think it is much, much more likely Kevin Love ends up in the HoF.

Andrew Wiggins looks like he could be something. Kevin Love already is something.

No doubt Love already is something. And he's awesome when healthy. I just don't think he's going to last very long because he's often not healthy.

Whether Wiggins will or not, who knows. But from an offensive standpoint, he's one of the best rookies I've seen as young as he is. And he'll be a two way player.

Even if Andrew Wiggins becomes a better player than Kevin Love, it doesn't matter to me. The trade was the right move at the time and it still makes sense now. Sure, Wiggins can put up 16 points per game in Minny, but if he was sandwiched on the perimeter between Kyrie and Lebron, his skillset would be redundant. You think Love has become a spot up shooter? How do you think Wiggins would look as a primarily catch and shoot player playing off Lebron and Kyrie?

He wouldn't have been able to play his game here in Cleveland as a perimeter player between 2 other ball dominant perimeter players, which is why it made sense to trade him for a great scoring big man who can do damage from the outside as well as in the post. A team of Kyrie/Wiggins/Lebron/Tristan/Mozgov (and that's assuming we even would have traded for Moz) doesn't have the same balance and fit that a team of Kyrie/Smith/Lebron/Love/Mozgov has. On another note, if you think Love is ill prepared for the playoffs, then Wiggins would be equivalent to a baby being thrown into graduate school.

Simply put, we made a win now move that guaranteed us a roster that would contend for years and fit seamlessly (after a period of adjustment of course) and looking back on it, as well as looking at our team's success now, what is there to complain about? We're a fantastic team that can legitimately contend for titles for the next half decade at the least. And for those of you saying that Wiggins could have picked up the mantle once Lebron retires, don't you think Love would be able to get closer to the 26/12/4 superstar he was last year in Minnesota if he got more touches? Even after Lebron is gone, an experienced Kyrie and Lebron, along with a great supporting cast, could still contend for titles.

The trade was a success and I'm not going back on that.

We don't know if the trade is/was "a success" until we determine if we got value for what we paid.

I will always remember the trade as wiggins Bennett for love and lebron. That way I'll never get angry even when Andrew wiggins becomes the greatest ever player and his version of space jam wins an Oscar

If this were true, then I'd understand, but insiders on the board have said repeatedly that LeBron did not come back on the condition that we would trade for Kevin Love.

If that were the case, then I could understand; but, it wasn't.

LeBron came back the first contractual opportunity he could. I take him at his word, he went to Miami to learn how to win a championship and how that felt. He came back to Cleveland believing that one win here would be worth 6 in Miami.

Only thing I really worry about with Wiggin's is playing for a franchise that has proven it is great at sucking.

In the last 10 years, they have ZERO seasons above .500. NONE.

That included the 2006-07 season with KG, where they won 32 games.

In T-Wolves history, they've won 1 Division title..... EVER. Only advanced past the first round once.

They are an absolute zero franchise. They'll blow his talent just like they blew KG's.

There team actually looks pretty good though. They have a good pg in Rubio, an instant offense guy off the bench in shabazz and LaVine has looked very good since the AS break. They also have a few guys who are good rotation players in Dieng/Payne. This draft is important for them. If they can get one of Towns/Okafor/ or Russell they are gold espiscially one of the bigs. Getting one of those guys will shift Rubio to there 3rd best player while having wiggins and the draft pick be the 1/2 scorers.

There team actually looks pretty good though. They have a good pg in Rubio, an instant offense guy off the bench in shabazz and LaVine has looked very good since the AS break. They also have a few guys who are good rotation players in Dieng/Payne. This draft is important for them. If they can get one of Towns/Okafor/ or Russell they are gold espiscially one of the bigs. Getting one of those guys will shift Rubio to there 3rd best player while having wiggins and the draft pick be the 1/2 scorers.

They are gold with just one more player? They've won just 16 games this season while getting one of the better rookie performances in the past 10 years. I think they're more than one player away.

They owe Rubio 55 million over the next 4 seasons. That's why they always end up sucking. They constantly overpay guys they should either let go entirely or head to RFA and get a market rate. What team pays Rubio that amount of money? He's played 202 games in 4 seasons and they paid him like an elite young player. Rubio will be the 7th highest paid PG in the league next season, just barely behind Kyrie at 13.75 million. His career averages are 10.2 PTS, 8.2 AST, 4.3 rebounds on 36.7% shooting (31.4% from 3). He has an EFG of 39.9%. To pay that guy max money is insane.

They already have 56 million committed next season and that's with KG coming off the books. Once you factor in rookie contracts, they're pretty much locked in to their current roster, which is a collection of underachieving / overpriced talent.

I'm not saying that can't improve but their last 8 #1 picks were:

OJ Mayo (#3 overall)
Ricky Rubio (#5 overall)
Jonny Flynn (#6 overall)
Wayne Ellington (#28 overall)
Wesley Johnson (#4 overall)
Lazar Haywood (#30 overall)
Derrick Williams (#2 overall)
Zach Lavine (#13 overall)

That is a steaming, hot pile of garbage. They have Ricky Rubio to show for 4 top 5 selections and they're paying him max money. I hope they figure it out but after squandering KG and Love's early careers, I have zero confidence they'll hold on to AW long term. Eventually he'll want out because they can't get any traction, just like their two other stars did.

Media hates Cleveland.

If Wiggins turns into a Hall of Famer and Love doesn't, that's how the trade will be remembered.

If Love wins a couple of titles in Cleveland, he's a lock for the Hall of Fame. Just like Bosh is for being the third banana on a couple of title teams in Miami.

Yeah, the only way I can see the trade going down as bad even though I was against it, is in two scenarios.

1) Love bolts via FA before we've won any titles with him on the roster.
2) Love resigns but we never win any titles.

I mean just go get Wiggins back...K ?

Wiggins/Kyrie dynasty 5 years from now ?

6d07715a3df329f73031439c0d2419c6.gif

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rudy Gobert has about 8 feet of wingspan and averages 2.3 blocks per game.&#10;&#10;Andrew Wiggins don&#39;t care. <a href="https://t.co/tM7HC0ND9V">https://t.co/tM7HC0ND9V</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports (@CBSSports) <a href="View: https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/582708346802831360
">March 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All on Gobert

All on Gobert

Highlight dunk....game, not so much.

Wiggins posted a mind numbing -38 tonight. That is not a misprint. MINUS THIRTY EIGHT.

The next worst +/- on the Wolves was -16, which maybe is even more amazing. That he could be 2.5 times as bad as the next craptastic T-Wolve.

If Love posted a -38, Ben would have to hit the self-destruct button on RCF. :chuckle:

Last edited:
Highlight dunk....game, no so much.

Wiggins posted a mind numbing -38 tonight. That is not a misprint. MINUS THIRTY EIGHT.

The next worst +/- on the Wolves was -16, which maybe is even more amazing. That he could be 2.5 times as bad as the next craptastic T-Wolve.

If Love posted a -38, Ben would have to hit the self-destruct button on RCF. :chuckle:

I thought +\- was shown as a meaningless stat when kyrie scored 55 vs spurs Smith had a higher +\- than kyrie.

Lol I guess Wiggins and Gobert went at each other this game.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/a...bert-staged-a-french-canadian-war-last-night/

Good to see him going at the best shotblocker in the league right now with no fucks given. Especially with the not "aggressive" labels he was getting coming out of college.

I haven't seen LJ go at a shot blocker like that in a while. In fact, two years ago, he let Hibbert punk him repeatedly in the playoffs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."