• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dwyane Wade Safari

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The market for Wade may be muted, but it’s not $3.37 million/year muted, which is the most we could offer him as a free agent.

Wade may sign with another team if things with Miami are as bad as they seem, but there’s just no way it would be with us.

Bingo.

I know gour feels his pipe dream of Wade is over.

I don't just yet. I never thought it was going to happen, and believe me, I still don't. But this Broussard tweet was interesting.

‏@Chris_Broussard 4h4 hours ago
League execs telling me there is not a robust market for DWade because of his age (33) and injury problems.

If the market is not good for Wade. And Riley gets fed up with Wade, and decides to sign Ellis. Which for all we know, he could actually prefer.

What is Wade going to do then?

This is why opting out was a BAD move on his part. He's lost a lot of leverage, IMO.

Riley has almost all of it now, given Wade's market doesn't seem to be very good, and he could just replace him with a healthier, slightly younger, semi-clone in Ellis.

I guarantee you there's at least one team out there who would give Wade at minimum a one-year max deal (after striking out with the top tier guys), which would still pay him a lot more than he'd make with the Heat this year.

I agree that giving him multiple years at that kind of price would be a terrible idea given his current state, but that doesn't mean that there isn't at least one team that would do it. There are still some poorly managed teams out there.

WADE BRO, COME HERE AND TOGETHER WE CAN ALL PISS OF THE SNAKE THAT PAT RILES IS!

I guarantee you there's at least one team out there who would give Wade at minimum a one-year max deal (after striking out with the top tier guys), which would still pay him a lot more than he'd make with the Heat this year.

I agree that giving him multiple years at that kind of price would be a terrible idea given his current state, but that doesn't mean that there isn't at least one team that would do it. There are still some poorly managed teams out there.
Yup, some team *cough cough Lakers* has money, will be expected to produce in free agency, and will strike out on the 3 top tier free agents available. At that point, Wade will still excite a fan base and can be justifiably paid top tier money, albeit on a shorter contract. Certainly a 2 year max with a team option on the second year will be there for him.

The market for Wade may be muted, but it’s not $3.37 million/year muted, which is the most we could offer him as a free agent.

Wade may sign with another team if things with Miami are as bad as they seem, but there’s just no way it would be with us.

Oh I agree, but it's really interesting how much he might have screwed himself out of money anyways.

I don't think he's coming here, I never thought he was. My stance is pretty much the same.

Riley was never trading him here, ever.

The chance of him signing here is virtually impossible to see, even if his market it poop.

Wade might end up losing a lot of money regardless though.

Not sure why anyone really believes he has leverage right now, though.

His leverage was opting in, and putting pressure on Riley for an extension, or trading him.

Opting out of 16 million, when your market per year could be worse, is not a great. But free agency has to officially start, so we'll see if a team is going to offer him the full max.

Opting out of 16 million, when your market per year could be worse, is not a great. But free agency has to officially start, so we'll see if a team is going to offer him the full max.

Honestly, I think it was more about sending Riley a message at this point. "I will leave if you don't pay me."

Honestly, I think it was more about sending Riley a message at this point. "I will leave if you don't pay me."

Riley paid Dragic today. I posted this in a couple threads already but figured it belonged in here as well due to the impact it could have with Wade.

The deal the Heat offered Dragic is similar to the deal the Bulls offered Butler

View: https://twitter.com/KellyScaletta/status/616242569740095488

Here is Woj saying the same thing:

View: https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616244195150315520

Jesus Christ! 90 million for him? Early candidate for contract that was offered that won't look as bad next year...

16 points, 4.5 assists from a PG, not 90 million worthy... No wonder Wade is saying pay me more.

If Dragic was young, it could make some sense, but he is 29, and will be 34 when this deal ends. He is pretty much untradable now.

According to Mike Cairns of Newschannel 5,
DWYANE WADE IS IN CLEVELAND THIS AFTERNOON.

Now this probably means nothing... but still, lol.

According to Mike Cairns of Newschannel 5,
DWYANE WADE IS IN CLEVELAND THIS AFTERNOON.

Now this probably means nothing... but still, lol.
Almost positive he got duped by that fake Cleveland Sports Rumors account or whatever its called.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."