• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
PC is the way ,but if your bent on getting a console and don't have friends pulling you in a either direction I would go Xbox one they got plenty of exclusives going on the remainder of the year (Gears of War:Ultimate edition, Rare Replay, Forza 6,Tomb Raider,Halo 5 and next year (Quantum Break, Cuphead, Crackdown 3, Gears 4, ScaleBound etc.) Not sure what PS has going on beside Street Fighter ,Horizon(Looks great btw), Uncharted Collection that has no multiplayer and last guardian & FFVII which most likely aren't coming any time soon.

PC is the way ,but if your bent on getting a console and don't have friends pulling you in a either direction I would go Xbox one they got plenty of exclusives going on the remainder of the year (Gears of War:Ultimate edition, Rare Replay, Forza 6,Tomb Raider,Halo 5 and next year (Quantum Break, Cuphead, Crackdown 3, Gears 4, ScaleBound etc.) Not sure what PS has going on beside Street Fighter ,Horizon(Looks great btw), Uncharted Collection that has no multiplayer and last guardian & FFVII which most likely aren't coming any time soon.

SFV and Final Fantasy is all that matters to me on that list above.. Lol.

SF will be out Q1 2016.

SFV and Final Fantasy is all that matters to me on that list above.. Lol.

SF will be out Q1 2016.
I think both are coming to PC and I heard rumblings that PC users will be able to play online with ps4 people in street fighter.

PC master race indeed.

Just build a gaming PC and join the master race.

maxresdefault.jpg
As someone just now cracking into PC gaming a little bit, it's definitely nice in some aspects. Graphics and frame rates are for sure better, and there are a whole new class of games that just can't be played on console.

But god does it suck sitting at a computer for hours to play. Especially if you work on a computer all day. Console's biggest win is being able to just plop yourself down on the couch like a slob and barely move your fingers and still play.

I think both are coming to PC and I heard rumblings that PC users will be able to play online with ps4 people in street fighter.

PC master race indeed.

Yep, both will be on the PC, SF confirmed, and Final Fantasy is very likely.

Can't wait for the end of the console bullshit.

As someone just now cracking into PC gaming a little bit, it's definitely nice in some aspects. Graphics and frame rates are for sure better, and there are a whole new class of games that just can't be played on console.

But god does it suck sitting at a computer for hours to play. Especially if you work on a computer all day. Console's biggest win is being able to just plop yourself down on the couch like a slob and barely move your fingers and still play.

I rarely sit in front of the computer when I play.

When I last played Fallout: New Vegas, it was modded out and I played on my TV with a 360 controller.

My wife just beat KOTOR I and II, one was retail copy for Mac the other was a WineSkined PC version played on a Mac then transferred mid-game to the Mac re-release.

We always played on a 65" TV in the living room with a wireless PS3 controller.

Speaking of which, last night I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 2, Crazy Taxi, and Bangai-O all on the Dreamcast, on my laptop, on my big ass TV in the living room, with wireless controllers... Played perfectly..

So yeah, I always play PC games from the comfort of a couch with a controller. For games that don't support controllers (like KOTOR I) I just used ControllerMate and mapped the inputs so that the controller will provide WASD or act as a secondary mouse.

I play at my desk, but I'm also used to it and have a really comfy chair. I do use a controller a lot, though. Just a nice 360 PC controller. It works for basically every non-shooter game.

I play at my desk, but I'm also used to it and have a really comfy chair. I do use a controller a lot, though. Just a nice 360 PC controller. It works for basically every non-shooter game.

Yeah, multiplayer FPS is the one game where I simply won't choose to use a controller. I'm not big on crippling myself prior to a match. But for something like Fallout, etc, where it's not competitive-level play, fuck it, gimme the controller.

Firing up the ol' PSP again. This thing was so far ahead of its time, the graphics are still pretty awesome (GTA Stories games and Kingdom Hearts for example), and when you mod it to play games off the memory stick they all load so fast. it's also still the GOAT pocket emulator (PS1, N64 on down the list). Gonna be using it on a long road/camping trip next week...now which ROMs & ISOs do i wanna load on the old girl? :detective:

the day I can mod my Vita as easily as the PSP will be a kick ass day. The Vita would be so sick as an emulator. Dat OLED screen and d-pad...hnnng

Last edited:
I'm at the very end of Grand Theft Auto V. Really enjoyed the game. Already has me wondering what the theme of the next GTA will be. Means I'm about to shift my attention to Witcher 3.

Is anyone else getting MGSV next month? It looks absolutely awesome.

I'm at the very end of Grand Theft Auto V. Really enjoyed the game. Already has me wondering what the theme of the next GTA will be. Means I'm about to shift my attention to Witcher 3.

They are giving the pre-release short game away free on xbox right now, will probably give it a crack on friday

They are giving the pre-release short game away free on xbox right now, will probably give it a crack on friday

Thanks for reminding me I started the install last night before bed. :chuckle:

I'm pissed that Mad Max and MGSV are coming out on the same day. Like, what the fuck do I do? They both look awesome.

Haven't watched anything on Mad Max. Last thing I need is another game to buy this Fall. Between starting up Witcher 3, and then MGSV, Fallout 4, Halo 5 all coming out this Fall...not to mention games I'm still on the ledge about like Just Cause 3, Battlefront, and Rainbow Six. I mean Christ. No way I'm gonna have time to play all of these.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."