• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Anyone that thinks being sober is a key element of a supposed alcoholic behaving in a healthy way.
So it was confirmed that Manziel was an alcoholic?

I know he checked into rehab, but nobody said for what, from what I can remember. Basically speculation regarding why he was in there.

At the end of the day, Manziel seems a lot better overall, on and off the field.

So if he is supposedly drinking, which he's allowed to, I don't think he's reached the point of it becoming a problem.

So it was confirmed that Manziel was an alcoholic?

I know he checked into rehab, but nobody said for what, from what I can remember. Basically speculation regarding why he was in there.

At the end of the day, Manziel seems a lot better overall, on and off the field.

So if he is supposedly drinking, which he's allowed to, I don't think he's reached the point of it becoming a problem.

How do you figure that he seems better off the field?

I remember this group went around and around about this the last time we heard he had relapsed. There was a lot of excuse making and very little acknowledgement that addicts aren't supposed to use drugs.

It smacks of the rehab being a publicity stunt to take pressure off of him. Of course, that backfires if/when he's seen out partying and drinking.

How do you figure that he seems better off the field?

I remember this group went around and around about this the last time we heard he had relapsed. There was a lot of excuse making and very little acknowledgement that addicts aren't supposed to use drugs.

It smacks of the rehab being a publicity stunt to take pressure off of him. Of course, that backfires if/when he's seen out partying and drinking.
We haven't heard anything going on off the field regarding him having any issues since being out of rehab, have we?

Yeah, Max and some others drop hints that Manziel was out drinking, but I don't really consider that an issue.

He's 22 years old, I believe rehab for him showed him a few things he needed to see and hear about alcohol and drugs, and how it could destory him.

We haven't seen any photos of him in a hotel bathroom rolling up $100 dollar bills. We haven't seen him floating around on a Swan drinking out of the bottle.

So if Manziel wants a few drinks/shots.. I think that's just fine. As long as he knows his limits and what is expected of him off the field, then it's a real non issue in my opinion.

Jake delhomme... I tried to think of that name for hours today. Seriously. That's how fucking sad it is to be a Browns fan. I tried to think of that guys name.

That fucking guy was our starting qb!

Jff, if he starts again, will get shredded again.

1) Matt Ryan is trying to get to the playoffs right now; they're about to sign Julio Jones to a long-term contract... The offensive coordinator left last year with Johnny being part of the reason. Johnny can't throw with anticipation and you think Dan Quinn is going to have him throwing to speedy Jones?

2) The bolded is the most unrealistic argument a fan can bring to the table. NFL organizations simply cannot operate with this type of nonsensical approach to the future of their organizations. I can see a joke coming here, but it's sad that people actually think this is a viable solution to the Browns' drafting woes.

Okay, proV1. I was kidding, but seriously why shouldn't we? Considering our history in the first round, fuck it, trade it....seems viable, right?
See? I'm not really being serious, but still, if we had been practicing what I'm saying, we'd prolly be better off

Matt Ryan would have 10-12 seconds in the pocket every play and it would take 15 seconds for one of these receivers to get open.

i was listening to a local internet radio show last night and the host had an interesting theory on Manziel. He's had the elbow injury since high school, could it be possible he was taking pain medication for the elbow? She said it's possible he was addicted to the pain medication, thus the rehab stint. Now he's out of rehab and off the medication so now he has to be shutdown from football to rest his elbow and avoid the pain medication.

Does seem logical in my opinion considering he never had this problem up until now

i was listening to a local internet radio show last night and the host had an interesting theory on Manziel. He's had the elbow injury since high school, could it be possible he was taking pain medication for the elbow? She said it's possible he was addicted to the pain medication, thus the rehab stint. Now he's out of rehab and off the medication so now he has to be shutdown from football to rest his elbow and avoid the pain medication.

Does seem logical in my opinion considering he never had this problem up until now

Was he drinking heavily and doing blow to combat the pain too?

Seems to me that until he's out of the league and Browns fans are able to gain some perspective, we'll keep seeing a kinds of theories to defend his bad decision making off the field.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."