• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015-2016 Around the NBA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
gotta raelize, out of all the high picks used on euro bigs, Dirk is practically the only one to pan out, and he was taken 9th.

That is true. They did overreact but that is Knicks fans. I am trying to see how I would have reacted if my team picked him in the same situation. However he is turning out to be a nice pick.

Iguodala comes in and plays 12 minutes. 4 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, no turnovers. He is the X factor that no other team has coming off the bench. He has a more versatile skill set than any other 6th man in the league and it's not even close.

The Lakers disgust me. Kobe should be absolutely embarrassed. Byron should be fired, and Buss should sell the team. What an absolute disgrace the organization has become.

I can't even revel in their losing anymore. They are RUINING good prospects by continuing this charade.

I feel bad for Kobe man....
dude no.

this is his choice and its ruined the Lakers and he should be embarrassed, but he's still talking about another year because apparently many fortunes of $$ isnt enough.

Kobe the teacher and facility is the greatest lie in all of sports lol.

something Berkley said got me thinking. How the hell is DJ paid to play basketball and can't do a jump hook just a jump hook.

I used to like Byron. I thought he got a somewhat raw deal in Cleveland. But as the rise of analytics has continued, he refuses to adapt even the slightest. He's a dinosaur coach and probably shouldn't get another gig after this until he at least pays some lip service to embracing the 3 point shot.

something Berkley said got me thinking. How the hell is DJ paid to play basketball and can't do a jump hook just a jump hook.

Jordan, like Dwight Howard, is more of an athlete than a basketball player. Both apparently feel their physical gifts mean they don't have to learn proper technique. I cringe every time they post up.. their footwork makes me want to stab my eyes.

Because it's still November? That's what the regular season is for: experimenting.
trying to think outside the box is different than aimlessly throwing idiotic shit against the wall and praying something sticks. this was a case of the latter.

i hope when kyrie comes back blatt tries sitting him, lebron, and love at the same time early in the game. simply because experimenting for the sake of experimenting is super smart and bound to produce great results.

Iguodala comes in and plays 12 minutes. 4 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, no turnovers. He is the X factor that no other team has coming off the bench. He has a more versatile skill set than any other 6th man in the league and it's not even close.
you forgot to mention his most important skill tho: the ability to successfully defend virtually any type of player at 1-3. ability to adapt on defense is so enormously important to success yet will never show up in the boxscore.

edit: actually, his most important skill might be his complete selflessness. not many guys in the league will put their teammates and the overall good of the team ahead of themselves 100% of the time without question. iggy is one of the rare few.

dude no.

this is his choice and its ruined the Lakers and he should be embarrassed, but he's still talking about another year because apparently many fortunes of $$ isnt enough.
i don't even think it's about money. i think it's ego above all else - which has been the story his entire career. it was always kobe kobe kobe with him no matter who was playing next to him.

like i said the other day, he's not just hurting the team now anymore; he's killing their future too by preventing any and all positive development. and of course byron is enabler #1. his quote the other day about kobe basically getting to do whatever he wants because "he's kobe" is about as bad as it gets for a coach.

kobe has a work ethic that is virtually unmatched in nba history, which is certainly admirable. but his decision to put himself in front of everyone else and go out like this is just leaving a really bad taste in everyones mouths.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Kobe man....

I don't.

He's a stubborn and silly man. Still plays the game like he thinks he's 28. Won't adapt his game at all, and not only are the Lakers bad, but he's one of their worst players.

Refused to take pay cut. He takes up majority of the cap on the team. So if he was that concern over the roster, he should have taken a pay cut like Dirk and Duncan did.

They are the worst team in basketball. They have no hope right now. The entire team looks terrible. Russell looks like a miss.

Teams like the Sixers that are bad, at least have some future. The Lakers have nothing.

I don't.

He's a stubborn and silly man. Still plays the game like he thinks he's 28. Won't adapt his game at all, and not only are the Lakers bad, but he's one of their worst players.

Refused to take pay cut. He takes up majority of the cap on the team. So if he was that concern over the roster, he should have taken a pay cut like Dirk and Duncan did.

They are the worst team in basketball. They have no hope right now. The entire team looks terrible. Russell looks like a miss.

Teams like the Sixers that are bad, at least have some future. The Lakers have nothing.

I wonder how they feel since Philly has their draft pick next summer (protected 1 - 3) Probably hoping they don't land outside of the protection range

I wonder how they feel since Philly has their draft pick next summer (protected 1 - 3) Probably hoping they don't land outside of the protection range

One franchise is hellbent on tanking forever. The other is hellbent on trying to win now forever.

Both franchises are run badly, but at least Philly has something to show for. LA has nothing.

Yet rumors will continue to swirl about big names being linked there. Anyone with any sanity wouldn't go there though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."