• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NFL Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bob2the2nd

member 32
Reaction score
so i made this thread with the intention of positing the browns draft slots. i am reasonable sure they have 12 and 19 (buffalo pick), but have seen some websites with differences.

either way it would have been nice had buffalo lost a couple more games, but overall 2 tremendous assets.

needs: defensive line, QB, WR, LB. plus offensive line depth

1st need: QB
2nd need: QB
3rd need: QB

I doubt they have the ammo to get into the top 2. At that point, the most traditionally Browns thing to do is take the guy who has career backup as his ceiling in the mid first round, then convince fans he is destined to be a franchise savior. I hope they will stop falling into this trap, to be honest.

I doubt they have the ammo to get into the top 2. At that point, the most traditionally Browns thing to do is take the guy who has career backup as his ceiling in the mid first round, then convince fans he is destined to be a franchise savior. I hope they will stop falling into this trap, to be honest.
Couldn't agree more.

Next season is going to be tough. Hopefully we will suck just enough to have the opportunity to draft one of the top QBs in 2016.

The good news is we are picking above 22, which is the qb pick of doom for the Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

Couldn't agree more.

Next season is going to be tough. Hopefully we will suck just enough to have the opportunity to draft one of the top QBs in 2016.
Yeah, that is assuming you are lucky enough to have a draft class with enough top tier qb's/ Joe Thomas, Joe Haden and Alex Mack are not getting any younger. We missed our chance to tank during the Luck draft. Find a way to get an above average vet qb and make the playoffs. Enough with the tanking mind set.
A good March and April in 15 and we should be able to win 10 games next year.

Assuming that Mariotta is out of the question, I'd love to move down again and an extra 1st next year. Keep on having an extra 1st until it's the year you need to pull the trigger on moving up.

Plus, if this past year is any indication, Farmer does better at picking in the later rounds.

Assuming that Mariotta is out of the question, I'd love to move down again and an extra 1st next year. Keep on having an extra 1st until it's the year you need to pull the trigger on moving up.

Plus, if this past year is any indication, Farmer does better at picking in the later rounds.
I would prefer to take the best play possible or trade up for an impact player like Ray from Mizzou. Sick and tired of trading for future picks. I am done with the building for future and not today mindset. Give me two impact players from the first round this April that will help us win games starting next year.

12. Dante Fowler
19. Malcolm Brown
2nd Round The WR from FSU

I would prefer to take the best play possible or trade up for an impact player like Ray from Mizzou. Sick and tired of trading for future picks. I am done with the building for future and not today mindset. Give me two impact players from the first round this April that will help us win games starting next year.

12. Dante Fowler
19. Malcolm Brown
2nd Round The WR from FSU
There end up being very few "impact" players outside QB anymore. In the last 2 years, Browns have had 2 Pro Bowl OL, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 CB and 2 S. 2 of them were top 10 picks, and the other 1st rounder came after multiple trade downs.

I like the Bellichick school of going into a draft with many extra picks and moving around as you see fit. Farmer did that last year. I hope he does it again.

There end up being very few "impact" players outside QB anymore. In the last 2 years, Browns have had 2 Pro Bowl OL, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 CB and 2 S. 2 of them were top 10 picks, and the other 1st rounder came after multiple trade downs.

I like the Bellichick school of going into a draft with many extra picks and moving around as you see fit. Farmer did that last year. I hope he does it again.
Moving down to take Gilbert and trade up for Manziel did not exactly work out that great.
In a perfect world, yes you could stockpile picks to get your QB. Reality is, the Tampa's of the world are not trading away their golden ticket. I disagree about not being able to find impact players except qb. Build a great team and trade for a QB or develop one. The next Andrew Luck is not entering Berea anytime soon. That fantasy needs to stop. I dont mind trading up, but I am not a huge fan of us trading away prime spots for extra picks in 16. After last year the pressure is on Farmer to make better use of the first round. There are plenty of players in spots 12 and 19 that can help us win games next year and for many years after. We need to stop with the wild fantasy of the "prince charming qb" that saves us from eternal hell.

Yes we need a QB of the future, but getting one requires luck and creativity. Who knows, maybe Petty is worth a look from Baylor. MM is not happening, and who knows what "franchise qb's if any will be there in 16, or if we will be even make to be in position to pick them.

Last edited:
I doubt they have the ammo to get into the top 2.

I don't think a Top 2 pick is unattainable this year. Neither Winston or Mariota are "sure things" like Luck and Tennessee at least has a decent option in Mettenberger if they want to move theirs.

The problem is that it'll require an RGIII style overpayment and it'll probably have to be done early enough in the process so that Tampa/Tennessee don't fall in love with a guy. I think our FO will have the ammo, I just don't want to see us do what Washington did and ruin our near future if we miss.

You're going to have to bite the bullet and do it sadly.

There's no other options.

I forget the exact number but it's something like 1/3 picks makes a roster and actually contributes no matter where they were drafted. Based on that it makes sense to "stockpile" picks like the New Englands, Philadephias and Green Bays of the world do.

Moving down to take Gilbert and trade up for Manziel did not exactly work out that great.
In a perfect world, yes you could stockpile picks to get your QB. Reality is, the Tampa's of the world are not trading away their golden ticket. I disagree about not being able to find impact players except qb. Build a great team and trade for a QB or develop one. The next Andrew Luck is not entering Berea anytime soon. That fantasy needs to stop. I dont mind trading up, but I am not a huge fan of us trading away prime spots for extra picks in 16. After last year the pressure is on Farmer to make better use of the first round. There are plenty of players in spots 12 and 19 that can help us win games next year and for many years after. We need to stop with the wild fantasy of the "prince charming qb" that saves us from eternal hell.

Yes we need a QB of the future, but getting one requires luck and creativity. Who knows, maybe Petty is worth a look from Baylor. MM is not happening, and who knows what "franchise qb's if any will be there in 16, or if we will be even make to be in position to pick them.

You have to realize that the trade down is irrelevant as compared to the players taken in their spot.

Saying "trading doesn't work" because they took Gilbert and he didn't pan out during his rookie season is side-stepping the value seen in the trade, which is STILL a huge win despite Gilbert's struggles.

If someone offers a first and a future first to move up to 12, Farmer better be listening.

That's awesome value, and you do it 10 times out of 10 unless you are locked in on a guy who fills a desperate need like QB. You don't get gunshy because the player you took after a trade down didn't pan out.

That doesn't make any sense.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."