1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

A closer look at Bradley Beal

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by KIrving15, Mar 15, 2012.

1. KIrving15

KIrving15 Banned

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/bradley-beal

23 - Bradley Beal Florida Birthday: 6/28/93 NBA Position: Shooting Guard Class: Freshman Ht: 6-4 Wt: 207 Hometown: St. Louis, MO High School: Chaminade Team Site Profile

Statistics
    Athleticism: 8
    Size: 7
    Defense: 8
    Strength: 8
    Quickness: 7
    Leadership: 8
    Jump Shot: 9
    NBA Ready: 8
    Ball Handling: 7
    Potential: 8
    Passing: 8
    Intangibles: 8

Overall:94

2012 Mock: 8 Big Board: 9 Pos Rank - SG: 3

NBA Comparison: Ray Allen

Strengths: At 6’4, 185 lbs and a well-defined frame that has filled out more and more over the past year, Beal has decent size for a SG prospect … His most outstanding trait as a prospect is his jump shot … Beal shows a terrific stroke, very good mechanics and is a huge threat coming off screens or spotting up … Although not quite as good off the dribble, he’s still very good in that area too … He’ll be a very effective 3-point shooter in Gainesville immediately … Defensively Beal is also strong … He’s fundamentally sound, shows an excellent feel for the game and he’s got the body and enough athleticism to defend SG’s and most PG’s … Plays a mature game, and doesn’t force the issue or look to score outside of the offensive flow much …Has great upside as an off-ball scorer … Can pull up for jumpers and knock them down consistently from mid-range … Able to finish effectively around the rim when he gets there … High basketball IQ … Unselfish passer … Already is pretty strong and physically developed … Seems to have good leadership potential and is definitely a team oriented player ... Can flush off the break without needing to plan his footwork moving towards the basket ... Also a high level passer for a 2 guard ...

Weaknesses: Beal can improve upon his ball-handling … He isn’t the best at getting his own shots off the bounce, and sometimes struggles to get all the way to the rim … Beal also can be crowded to slow down his effectiveness a bit too much … A solid, but not standout athlete, and doesn’t own a quick enough first step to initially gain consistent advantages on defenders … Beal also is of mediocre height for an NBA SG, at 6’4 and with solid though not outstanding (6'7 wingspan) length … Would much rather pull up for jumpers than try his hand at finishing around the rim against the trees ...

Overall: Beal is a solid prospect with good ability on offense … His jump shot is outstanding, his ability to score off the bounce from mid-range is also great, he’s got a pretty good body for a young SG, and he’s a strong defender too … He’s not a tremendous athlete or ball-handler though, and thus struggles some as a finisher and slasher, but he does have great upside as an off-ball scorer at the SG spot … He’s a likely top 20 pick whenever he declares ...

Notes: Measured 6'3.5 (in shoes) 196 lbs, with a 6'7 wingspan at the 2011 Deron Williams Skills Academy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. metalman213

metalman213 In the Rotation

ray allen? :confused:... nbadraft.net is a sucky ass site for draft evaluations.

• Like Like x 3
  3. akrzips2012

akrzips2012 Rookie

We need more bigs. The player we draft will depend on where we are at in the draft. If we get luck on our side again and land in the top 5. Hopefully we can get a big. If not there are other options with the sg with lamb.

4. akrzips2012

akrzips2012 Rookie

One more player is Austin Rivers. Top 3 sg: Beal, Lamb and Rivers. So many options here. Hopefully we use the lakers pick and move up by giving away our 2 2nd rounders.

5. RonG

RonG All for one

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1pFOr4GMx
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    http://swishscout.com/?page_id=822

• Like Like x 13
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. winner0274

winner0274 In the Rotation

Only player I want more than him is Anthony Davis.

7. bigfoot5415

bigfoot5415 The Original HN3108

Him or Barnes. I'm just hoping we get the option to have one of the available.

Funny thing about nbadraft.nets player comparison, Deshawn Stevenson's comparison was Michael Jordan. True story look it up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. RonG

RonG All for one

I really like the swish scouts, if you look at irvings its pretty spot on.

9. YuenglingGator

YuenglingGator I have no idea

I am bias, because I attend UF, but being that a SG is a huge need I have wanted Beal on the Cavs before he played one game of college ball. I have posted several scouting reports on him from what I saw in person, of course I am no pro scout by any means, but say what you want about him failing to meet expectations shooting, because every other aspect of his game (rebounding, shot blocking, physical) has been better then advertised. And his stroke has really come around recently. He has been hurt by the system and roster where he plays SF, and recently PF, next to ball-dominate guards. He is going to be a great pro. Will he average 25 ppg? No. But I could certainly see him putting up 18 and 5 on a good team for a long, long time. Great character, not selfish, leadership potential, competitor and never gives up. He already has phenominal mechanics so once he's with a pro shooting coach it will only get better. Perfect fit for KI in my opinion. Can't wait to watch him tomorrow vs UVA!

10. KIrving15

KIrving15 Banned

I'd like to get Beal with our pick and Terrance Jones with our pick from the Lakers.

11. YuenglingGator

I would cream over that, I just don't see TJ being around then

12. KIrving15

KIrving15 Banned

Anything can happen.

13. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

I'd rather have MKG, but Beal is alot more realistic.

14. YuenglingGator

This is true. I keep telling myself that when I watch Anthony Davis play

15. BimboColesHair

BimboColesHair I have multiple sauces

Don't think Jones lasts...way I'm looking at it is that we will use our 2nd first to grab a big...Hollins and Erden are gone next year so we will need a big...Plumlee, Ezeli, Melo, or Meyers Leonard if he falls

• Like Like x 1
  16. KIrving15

KIrving15 Banned

I'd take a chance on Fab Melo..but since he is ineligible (poor academics?), that would be a red flag that he might not be that smart. I understand that someone once posted that D-Rose was in the same boat but is basketball smart. Only would draft Melo if Terrance Jones is gone by the time we pick with the Lakers pick (more than likely will happen).

17. KIrving15

KIrving15 Banned

I'd LOVE to draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist...but he'll be drafted right before we draft. Just a hunch.

18. winner0274

winner0274 In the Rotation

He's definitely going top 4.

19. MRMsix6

MRMsix6 All-Star

Does anyone else think 'poor man's Josh Smith' when watching Terrence Jones? That's not necessarily a bad thing, and I would certainly consider him if we could move into the late teens and he was available. He seems like another classic tweener though.

edit: err wrong thread, oh well

20. YuenglingGator

Def a tweener. Pretty good comparison though, like you said, not a bad thing - just more or less late teens not lottery