• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs Sign Tarence Kinsey

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MYoung23

12 Reasons to Post
Reaction score
Cavaliers MAY be on the verge of a minor FA signing
* Can the mods change the title please?

A former Memphis Grizzly. Terence Kinsey

Last edited:
Re: Cavaliers Sign: Terence Kinsey

Terence Kinsey eh. I think that is the definition of minor.

Thanks for the info though.

Title change not quite what I had in mind. I was asked to say: "The Cavaliers may be on the verge of signing Terence Kinsey"

Changed the thread title...

I remember him coming on late last year or the year before where he was one of their main players late in the season due to injuries...tanking and etc...but Grizzlies fans were wondering "where was this guy all season?"

ESPN Stats

Re: Cavaliers On The Verge Of Signing: Tarence Kinsey

Interesting pickup. I guess I'd rather have him than Devean George who plays the same position.

Thanks cdt

I am a Stromile Swift fan (don't ask) and I used to hang around the Grizzlies message boards alot. All of their regular posters were shocked when the team cut Kinsey. He started out having a tough time but he adjusted to the game and started to really play well, and then the Grizzles cut him out of the blue.

Hopefully he can be solid off the bench.

I guess he takes Devin Brown's roster spot.

Seems like purely a depth signing for the SG/SF position. I can't imagine Kinsey will play as much as Devin did.

He's a very solid shooter and someone who can actually hit free throws. :gasp: He also almost got a triple double in his last game of the year.

Damn, does this mean that we can't rip on ferry for not doing anything this offseason?

He can dunk...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5fdxPNvRhw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5fdxPNvRhw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uhHB2AZWk9M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uhHB2AZWk9M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...and apparently he likes his mom.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qPdett50rvw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qPdett50rvw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This doesn't count as anything, just as signing Devin Brown and trading Wesley for Cedric Simmons didnt last year.

act_tarence_kinsey.jpg

Wow, dude is a string bean.

I'm always entertained that John Hollinger went to the trouble of writing up something for EVERY NBA player. Here's what he had to say about Kinsey:

2006-07 season: Who dat? An undrafted rookie out of South Carolina, Kinsey appeared from the ether to take over a starting job late in the season, and played well enough that it seems he'll be here for some time. The 6-6 wing averaged 18.8 points per game in eight April contests, and his overall numbers weren't too shabby either. Most notably, Kinsey had the second-highest rate of steals among small forwards.

The one red flag is that Kinsey shot amazingly well on long 2-pointers -- some would say flukishly well. He hit 48.6 percent from that distance, an area most players make around 40 percent from, and what makes it more interesting is that he's not regarded as much of a shooter. By comparison, he shot virtually the same percentage -- 48.7 percent -- on close-in shots. Maybe he's just a really good midrange shooter, but color me dubious that he can repeat that effort.

Scouting report: Kinsey can get out in transition for easy buckets and, last year at least, knocked down midrange jumpers repeatedly. He's also a quality athlete who isn't going to need to score a ton to keep his spot on the roster, because he has the agility to defend NBA wing players. Surprisingly, he did very little on the boards -- he ranked 57th among small forwards in rebound rate.

An even bigger shock is his paltry blocked shot total -- one all season. Kinsey had the lowest blocked-shot rate of any NBA small forward, which is jaw-dropping news considering the athleticism he showed.

2007-08 outlook: Kinsey should have more opportunity to make a name for himself, as he should one of the Grizzlies' top wing reserves. How bright his future is depends in large part on his ability to make shots. He doesn't have much of a 3-point stroke (28.3 percent), and I suspect the long 2s will prove more troublesome for him this year than they were a year ago. So he might have to develop his game in other areas to make up for it.

Most similar at age: Tyrone Nesby

Source

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."