• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs vs. Hawks 4-0, Classy, Yet Non-Competitive Sweep

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins?

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 76 50.3%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 21 13.9%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks in 7

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hawks in 6

• Hawks in 5

• Hawks in 4

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shoes22

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Series schedule:

EASTERN CONFERENCE - SECOND ROUND

(1) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (4) Atlanta Hawks

Game 1 -- Mon. May 2nd, Atlanta at Cleveland, 7 p.m., TNT

Game 2 -- Wed. May 4th, Atlanta at Cleveland, 8 p.m., TNT

Game 3 -- Fri. May 6th, Cleveland at Atlanta, 7 p.m., ESPN

Game 4 -- Sun. May 8th, Cleveland at Atlanta, 3:30 p.m., ABC

Game 5 * Tue. May 10th, Atlanta at Cleveland, TBD, TNT

Game 6 * Thu. May 12th, Cleveland at Atlanta, TBD, ESPN

Game 7 * Sun. May 15th, Atlanta at Cleveland, TBD, ABC or TNT

Last edited:
Who would make an easier series and why?

Celtics series would be tougher, whether we sweep them or they win a game or two.

Atlanta might win a game against us but we can break their wills and have several games with double digit rebounding margins.

Either way it'll be fun to knock either of these chumps out of the playoffs for the second straight year.

If Bos/ATL goes 7 what's the lastest round 2 could start?

Hawks have more talent theoretically, but I think they would be an easier opponent. Especially for LeBron, statistically and physically. But we should sweep either, or go 5 games tops, but I say sweep.

Am I wrong to want Boston?

Want to kick that tomato can down the road.

I especially want Boston so the Cavs can lay waste to them and we can all lap up Bill Simmons tears.

I'm so tired of that dude and his hot Cavs takes. He even laughably tried to say he'd rank the Clippers above the Cavs so far this post season in his last podcast.

Oh Bill, you mean the same team we wiped the floor with twice this year? Ok buddy.

Am I wrong to want Boston?

Want to kick that tomato can down the road.

I especially want Boston so the Cavs can lay waste to them and we can all lap up Bill Simmons tears.

I'm so tired of that dude and his hot Cavs takes. He even laughably tried to say he'd rank the Clippers above the Cavs so far this post season in his last podcast.

Oh Bill, you mean the same team we wiped the floor with twice this year? Ok buddy.
Just imagine the Olynyk boos in a playoff game in Cleveland.

Boston is the less talented and easier to guard team.

The Hawks didn't have Thabo last year, and more importantly, Millsap was hurt. We'd be facing a different player this year and he's so, so much better than anyone the Celtics can trot out.

We'd beat either team, but Boston provides about zero matchup problems. The Hawks provide a couple.

The thing is, Marcus Smart is playing out of his mind right now. I would imagine he comes back to earth soon. If Avery Bradley was healthy, Celtics probably beat Hawks in 5. Which I think Bradley would be ready for 2nd round. I mean, both teams aren't that good, but my point is that Hawks are worse. Korver has been ice cold shooting too, but he magically would probably be lights out against us.

Monday. A potential Hawks/Celtics Game 7 plays on Saturday.
Yep. I guess theoretically it could be Thursday but most likely Monday.

If it goes 6 games, I assume there series would start on Sunday

The thing is, Marcus Smart is playing out of his mind right now. I would imagine he comes back to earth soon. If Avery Bradley was healthy, Celtics probably beat Hawks in 5. Which I think Bradley would be ready for 2nd round. I mean, both teams aren't that good, but my point is that Hawks are worse. Korver has been ice cold shooting too, but he magically would probably be lights out against us.

Yeah but Boston is really banged up.

Olynik has a bad shoulder, Avery has a bad hammy, Crowder's knee isn't right and Shumpert owns Thomas.

I'd much rather kick around Boston. I think it doesn't really matter but Atlanta is a little feistier and has a healthy team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."