• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dirk Nowitzki

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Absinthe

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Does anyone else enjoy watching this guy play as much as I do? He's a truly special talent that the NBA has never seen and there might not ever be another player like him. He's a seven foot shooting guard with a virtually unblockable shot.

I know that he won the MVP once, but I've felt like that he is one of the most underrated players in the league. For his career he's pretty much averaged a 20 point, 10 rebound double double and he's also an excellent passer. He's also one of the best shooters the NBA has ever seen when you look at things like his free throw shooting and the fact that he can shoot over the top of anyone. He's not a lock down defender or even a good one, but his defense has greatly improved over the past three or four years as well.

If anyone watched that Atlanta game last night he absolutely abused Josh Smith. At one point, Josh looked over at Woodson and said, "What do you want me to do?"

Or maybe some of you missed the Utah game earlier this year when Dirk scored TWENTY NINE points in ONE quarter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adb6w8nrb9o

I don't care if people call him "soft" and to be honest I wish the league had more players like him. He doesn't get as much as attention as Kobe or Lebron because he's not athletic, but this guy is an amazing player.

He's wasting his best years in Dallas. I really hope he won't be one of those great basketball players who never won a championship

To be fair, he should have a ring. The NBA stole it from him and gave it to Wade

I used to hate Dallas, really for no particular reason.

But I find myself pulling for them lately. I like that team, and hope they can stay competitive.

I used to hate Dallas, really for no particular reason.

But I find myself pulling for them lately. I like that team, and hope they can stay competitive.

I think you might be in the same group as me, routing for any team that might take the Lakers out of the playoffs. :)

Is he a great player? Of course... possibly top 10 in the league right now.

Do I enjoy watching him play? God, no. He has one of the most ugly jump shots I've ever seen.

Love watching Dirk play.. You don't get many 7 footers like this-- they're more like Pau, which is boring as hell...

There's been 4 guys in the last 20 years that have changed the landscape of the NBA...

KG
Dirk
Penny
Iverson

In so many drafts since 1993, teams have been trying to replicate players like these 4 guys... It's the reason why hit or miss top 10 picks went on guys Andrea Bargnani, Antonio Daniels, Chauncey Billups, Tim Thomas, Tracy McGrady, Raef Lafrentz, Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Darius Miles, Stromile Swift, Keyon Dooling, Tyson Chandler, Dajuan Wagner, Niko Skitishvili, Amare Stoudemire, Nene, Quintel Woods, Mike Dunleavy, Darko Milicic, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Marvin Williams, Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Kevin Durant etc....

He is a real iron man. His mobility and agility are unmatched for someone his size. His fade away is unguardable, but he doesn't always have to do it. I don't think he is dumb for staying with Dallas, unless he wanted to play for peanuts it has been his best chance to win.

He's wasting his best years in Dallas. I really hope he won't be one of those great basketball players who never won a championship

He should've won a ring before the LBJ era...otherwise he'll have to join the Cavs to get one. :thumbup:

He should already have a ring, but the league decided to implement its "No Sneezing on Wade" policy during the second half of the NBA Finals that year.

Anyway, I think they have a great shot at making it to the Finals this year, and the Los Angeles Lakers shouldn't be the runaway favorites they once were. Dallas or Denver could easily be representing the West in the Finals.

I've always wondered how dominant Dirk would be as LeBron's second option, especially on the pick&pop. Unstoppable, anyone?

I've always wondered how dominant Dirk would be as LeBron's second option, especially on the pick&pop. Unstoppable, anyone?

If he was obtainable, it'd be great to talk about.

Nobody's prying him away from Cuban though. There's a serious man-love affair going on there.

If he was obtainable, it'd be great to talk about.

Nobody's prying him away from Cuban though. There's a serious man-love affair going on there.

He has a Player Option next year at $21.5M. I think ultimately he opts in and signs a max extension with Dallas, but theoretically he could be a an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Dirk loves Dallas, but does Cuban want to give him a max extension this summer or assume Dirk opts in and can be signed for a much lower maximum in 2011 under a new CBA? Does Dirk opt in without an extension and risk a giant paycut next summer? Interesting situation to watch.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."